Translate embedded markers to rex or apple loop markers?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there ANY WAY on God's good earth to translate WAV embedded markers into apple loops or rex loops so I can kiss Kontakt's a$$ and get it to load the markers as beat machine markers? Does anyone have any blood sacrifces they can spare for the almighty Kontakt, king of all that is good and just? :dog: :evil:

edit: I'm on Windows 8. any help is appreciated, thank you!

Never heard of a way to do that.. Do you mean acid markers when you say wav embedded markers?

Most of these will just be "marked" at transients right? In that case it might be worth your while to just invest in reason and turning them to Rex files.

So kontakt can load apple loops with embedded markers and play them sliced? Or perhaps it could only so that with Rex? In that case once again a propellerheads product would be the way to go.

There's a wav format standard of embedded markers, also known as cues. So, I'm not referring to acid, rex, or apple loop/markers.

Just like you can put loop start/end markers in a wav file, you can put single markers as well. Native Instruments decided not to allow Kontakt to read those single markers.

I need to convert wav embedded markers to rex or apple or acid. Just buying a propellerhead product in no way gaurantees that I could convert from wav markers to rex markers. My requirements are very simple. It's a shame that in 2014, Native Instruments continues to ignore the needs of sample library developers whom generate THEM income. You think ANYONE buys Kontakt for its default sample library? f*** no! They buy Kontakt because of people like myself who are pushing the envelope!

I'm like Angry Joe right now, I am PISSED. It's 2014, people!

email I got from Propellerhead tech support:
>Can Recycle import embedded markers of wav format and translate that to rex markers?

Hi,

No, ReCycle can only read slice markers from REX files, I'm afraid.

All the best,
John Boqvist
Product Support
Propellerhead Software

e-mail from http://www.audiofile-engineering.com
I am working with kontakt and kontakt I believe can import acid, rex, and apple loops, so that drum beats automatically have their slices.

Can any of your software convert embedded wav cue/markers to any of those formats?
-Elan
Thanks for contacting us. Sample Manager sounds like the right tool for the job. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best,

Corey Walo

Support | Newsletter | Twitter | Facebook | Hightail Uplink
Unfortunately the software is only for mac, so I'm assuming it can create apple loops. Anyway, I found a solution for myself that involves a mouse macro to click kontakt interface to enable "auto" (find slices) mode, and I will be giving it simple pulses of audio to represent where the markers need to go, then will replace those wavs with the actual drum loop.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”