Copy Protection Abuse Blacklist

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fanfare

====================================================
Due to recent incidents where paying customers were denied access to their legally-purchased software via various copy protection schemes, I think it has become necessary to create and maintain a blacklist of Software/Soundware companies who do so. I am volunteering to maintain this list, right here in this post.

So if you have experienced any of the following, please describe your indcident in a reply to this post:

* Inability to activate legally purchased software
* Inability to re-activate or re-install legally purchased software

Please make a good faith effort to work with the vendor to resolve your issue prior to posting. I think people who want to place vendors on the blacklist should provide proof of both purchase and a good faith effort at resolution, in order to avoid committing libel. What do you think? Should we do this? I think we should.
Last edited by yevster on Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I think here is the wrong place. Why would KVR (which relies on advertising revenue from vendors) want to maintain a blacklist of vendors?

Because it's an open forum, and we're not openly trashing all vendors or specifically KVR advertisers.

It's not an "open forum", it's an forum with moderators who lock or delete threads for various reasons. I can imagine that providing a platform with the potential to throw shit at developers would be one of those reasons. Even with the best of intentions to merely point out failings on their part, it will turn into a shitfest very quickly.

only one company on the list.... veeeerrry interesting.

That's just the one I have personal experience with. Looking for other submissions.

so, it's not like you're just trying to bring attention to your personal issue under the guise of making it about all issues of this sort?

I see.

robojam wrote:It's not an "open forum", it's an forum with moderators who lock or delete threads for various reasons. I can imagine that providing a platform with the potential to throw shit at developers would be one of those reasons. Even with the best of intentions to merely point out failings on their part, it will turn into a shitfest very quickly.
+1...I made the suggestion many times that we should have a forum for bad customer service...this same thing was suggested to me about that as well...in fact it was probably you Mike ;)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

I may have been me John - I just know where this one is heading based on previous threads doing exactly the same thing...

All companies are money grabbing bastards.....there, thats the list sorted.

robojam wrote:I may have been me John - I just know where this one is heading based on previous threads doing exactly the same thing...

it's a well traveled road :wink:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Kriminal wrote:All companies are money grabbing bastards.....there, thats the list sorted.
Excellent!

Mods, can we close the thread? :hihi:

The Dissonance wrote:so, it's not like you're just trying to bring attention to your personal issue under the guise of making it about all issues of this sort?

I see.
I can see why that's a tempting accusation. So I removed my one and only entry from the list. Until someone reports something with that or any other vendor, the list is blank. :)

yevster wrote: So I removed my one and only entry from the list. Until someone reports something with that or any other vendor, the list is blank. :)
:D
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

IBTL :D
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”