Nuance, The Compact Sampler from New Sonic Arts

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nuance

Keef Baker wrote:Well granite got a nice new update recently so i expect there'll be something.

I love this thing even just for the unison feature.
I hope you are right! Mostly for real-time update functions!
:tu:

AgiKvr wrote:
Keef Baker wrote:Well granite got a nice new update recently so i expect there'll be something.

There should be an update early-ish next year, which will include the browser enhancements from Granite 1.5 and will hopefully also address the "real time update" issues, such as the start/end changes being applied before releasing the mouse. That does indeed seem to be one of the most popular requests.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

newsonicarts wrote:
AgiKvr wrote:

There should be an update early-ish next year, which will include the browser enhancements from Granite 1.5 and will hopefully also address the "real time update" issues, such as the start/end changes being applied before releasing the mouse. That does indeed seem to be one of the most popular requests.

good news! and...If I can suggest,make it hip-hop/trip-hop oriented (let it simple but with "special smart dirty features") :D
:tu:

Is there a way to use FX in parallel instead of in series?

Been playing with the 1.5 demo. Great product. If Kontakt is overkill and EXS24 is too limited then this is really something to look for. Leaves me with a question to the developer. In top of the window the numerical value for each (last used) control is shown. Will future versions of the product allow me to manually enter any value? Because right now users can not enter the value as text field nor have any value as Nuance takes quantized steps. If you will add this then this will be the perfect sampler synth for me.
Dúnedain

Dúnedain wrote:Because right now users can not enter the value as text field nor have any value as Nuance takes quantized steps. If you will add this then this will be the perfect sampler synth for me.
You can use shift while dragging controls to fine adjust them (un-quantized)

Also all properties on the mapping screen can be edited as text fields.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

Have you considered adding a delay to the AHDSR envelope (making it a DAHDSR envelope)?
Dúnedain

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hey everyone,

I saw this review of Vice on YouTube yesterday and immediately downloaded the demos of Vice and Nuance. Great stuff! Exactly the kind of sampling simplicity I was looking for. At first I was a little hesitant but after a couple of beers last night I decided to be spontaneous for once and bought the New Sonic Suite (http://www.newsonicarts.com/html/bundle.php) bundle (inlcuding Nuance, Vice & Granite). Hope I won't regret this one... :wink:

Since the dev checks in every once in a while I thought I'd leave some feedback. First of all, I'm really digging the simplistic approach to sampling. Plugins like Battery, Kontakt or Geist are a little too much for what I want to do and unfortunately I'm completely incompatible with shortcircuit's UI. Nuance's UI is really amazingly intuitive (the same holds for Vice, btw) and definitely its biggest advantage. However, there are some shortcomings as well:

* I think the limited file support is really an issue. For example, I have some old REX2 and SF2 files for which I currently (reluctantly) use shortciruit. Is there any chance that Nuance will support these formats anytime soon?

* While the internal effects unit has its merits, it could be a little stronger. Especially the distortion and compression settings are too limited for my taste and their sound quality is not the greatest, either. Also, a multiband EQ would be very useful for layering samples. I'm not expecting anything too fancy here, but the current effects unit definitely leaves something to be desired for modern standards.

* A couple of extra samples wouldn't hurt. I don't mean to be rude, but the included ones aren't really useful for anything more than trying out the demo version. To be honest, I was a little disappointed to see that the full version does not come with more samples than the demo.

To sum up, I think Nuance is a lot of fun to play around with. But I'm a little worried that it might not be strong enough to hold up in a (semi-)professional mixdown. I guess time will tell.

Anyway, back to slicing up some breaks... :)
Last edited by Streck0 on Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

I got vice a few weeks ago and im loving it, so easy to use, reminds of phatmatik pro but with a way better gui. Devs are hella active as well. Money well spent for sure

nm
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

i've been using nuance for a while now (currently in logic X); it's great for a lot of the hit-and run samples i want to access (the exs24 is a nightmare for trying things out). it's become an essential part of my arsenal. easy to scroll thru samples, play with start points, etc.

how is it compared to Battery 4? if you already have Battery 4?
Last edited by Caine123 on Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I am going to have to demo this some time.

Seems to have a simple and intuitive workflow and It fills a void in Logic X. I really like the interface.
Kontakt is overkill for simple things and EXS24 is not that friendly for fast sample listening and choosing.

Nuance looks pretty good and useful for Logic X.

Caine123 wrote:how is it compared to Battery 5? if you already have Battery 5?
There's a Battery 5..?

:o

Andywanders wrote:
Caine123 wrote:how is it compared to Battery 5? if you already have Battery 5?
There's a Battery 5..?

:o
corrected it now ;)
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Return to “Instruments”