DMG EQuilibrium

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi John,

now you see why I was hesitating to post here in the firts place, because
jbraner wrote:You should *always* have full rights in "my documents" - no matter who you're logged in as - so that should always work for you.
this simply doesn't work though it should. Just rechecked it with the previous release Cubase 7.x.

Btw, is it a big deal for you to quickly check what would happen if you run Sonar with a standard user?

Anyone else around who runs Cubase
- with a standard user (aka non admin)
- who can save the setup with no hickups (particularily said popup)
- with any of the dmg EQs?

Sorry for being somewhat insistent, but it's starting to slightly drive me nuts because I don't get why it does not work like it should (see John's statement).

Cheers,
LiteOn

Sorry Lite,
I don't even have a "standard user". I just have the one user who is a full administrator - and I even run SONAR "run as administrator".

It just makes life easier ;-)

If I'm going to screw something up - I'll just resort to a backup image... ;-)
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

Hi John,

thanks anyway! :)

LiteOn

Well,

veni, vidi, vici - got it and fixed it! :party:

After I ruled out any wonky access rights (implicitly including the actual ressources path) as the cause my last logical resort was to take again a detailed look into the registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DMGAudio:

Reminder: enforced by the installer I did the installation(s) with the admin user, but added the each license by double-clicking the .reg-files from my standard user context. After a fresh installation the nodes have the following key/values (amongst others).

+:=present; -:=lacking

Admin/Installation user
+ path to ressource folder
- licenses

Standard/Cubase user
- path to ressource folder
+ licenses

In line with that I got "no valid license"-like messages when running Cubase with the admin user and opening any of the EQ-plugs the first time. And vice versa, after also adding the license for the admin user going through the EQuilibrium wizzard the first time worked flawlessly including final saving.

Hmm, could it be that there are complete disjunct user settings?

So after the license has a "+" in every's user reg node I wondered what would happen if I manually add the "Path" by copying its key/value over to the Cubase user node.

-> Bingo, now everything works as expected!

Now, the settings and preset folders are perfectly shared accross accounts (even with the ressource folder being somewhere outside C:\users).

@Dave: I think, the preset/config logic needs a minor update since it does not yet fully support a multi-user setup. What do you think?

@John: thanks a lot for repeatedly replying and sending those "I-don't-know-what's-your-problem-all-is-fine-over-here" messages, they helped me a lot keep the hunt going. :)

Happy. :party: :hyper: :party:

Cheers,
LiteOn

PS: I'm happy to see my brain is still up-to-date an I wasn't knocking on wood.

"I-don't-know-what's-your-problem-all-is-fine-over-here" messages,
Hi Lite,
You knew they were really - "it really should be fine for you too" messages... :wink:
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

Hi John,
jbraner wrote:You knew they were really - "it really should be fine for you too" messages... :wink:
I first blame the language barrier. Secondly I gladly apologize for my verbal impoliteness, stupid me. :dog:

Yes, I took your messages exactly the way you supposed them to be taken - as a genuine help. :) :hug:

Cheers,
LiteOn

Is there a way to put only certain bands in M/S mode, leaving the rest in LR mode?

Alternately, can we please have a return to the Equality way of selection which stereo mode the plug in uses, it was SOOO much faster. Have to open the prefs and dig into the right page is a bummer mid-mastering session. :neutral:

Hey Tarekith

I totally agree that access to the LR / MS Mode on the main GUI as in Equality would be a lot faster.

It occurred to me that a workaround would be to save a preset but with only the "DSP" part of the preset saved. That way you could put a preset that only changes the DSP setting rather than the GUI and/or EQ. Naming the presets such that they appear first in the menu would be a slightly quicker way of changing just the mode.

Unfortunately I just tried to do this and due to the mode being tied to the EQ setting this workaround actually doesn't work which is a shame.

Next time I talk to Dave I'll ask him if adding the mode button back into the main GUI is a possibility in a future update.

As for having the ability to use M/S on some bands and L/R on others, I think that this would end up being a nuissance in practice as changing one affects the other anyway. Imo two instances in this scenario will be more intuitive in terms of how you want to affect the stereo image.

Cheers

Scorb
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...

Thanks for the help!

Can't believe this slipped under my radar!

Under the GUi Tab in prefs, go to the "Misc" section.

"Extended Frequencies"

Now the EQ goes down to 5hz as in EQuality!

I remember having an exchange between Dave, Bob Katz and others about this during the original beta period when the lowest frequency you could go was 10 hz. Some were saying; "It's only 5 hz" whilst others of us were saying, "NO! It's a whole octave and has a huge bearing on the roll of of the high pass filters!"

Not only that but if you are working at higher sample rates than 44100 you can go right up with the Low passes now too!

I just flicked my project onto 192000 and the LPFs go up to 96Khz.

Gonna try some air boosts in analog phase on a 192khz capture tomorrow hehe! :)

Gotta Love Dave, He always listens and then sneaks something in with no song or dance whatsoever and exceeds expectations everytime! :)

Thanks Dave you are a true legend!

Cheers

Scorb
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...

Hi Dave.

Not sure if this is the best place to leave a couple of small feature requests, as you might not be visiting here very often (DMG Audio needs its own support forum! :) ), but here goes anyway.

I like to use the analyzer so that the primary graph displays Mid and the secondary displays Mid (pre), so I can easily see the affected frequencies. It would be nice though, if there were

1. An option to have the analyzer display both mid & side as one graph for pre, and one graph for post. Maybe a weighted average between the two graphs? Oh and even better, if you have a side band active, display Side & Side (Pre), and for mid bands, display Mid and Mid (Pre)? :P

2. Ability to save analyzer source settings into a preset. This really bugs me as the analyzer button right-click settings aren't saved in the fx data, and it always defaults to Primary: Mid and Secondary: Side.

Hmm... I think that's it for now. Thanks again for this amazing EQ. It's such a joy to use.

Cheers!

EDIT: Nope, still got a couple more!

3. Please make EQuilibrium accept numpad comma as the decimal separator.

4. Would be cool if you could compare FIR/IIR modes with the A/B function.

Ok, I'm done. :)

Just tried IK T-Racks new API 550B really liked it so did some messing about and can get the same sound if I set all the Equilibrium bands to 550, Zero Latency Analogue all parallel and put Soundtoys Little Radiator after it. You can't get Little radiator free anymore but you get it when you buy Radiator.

Kaboom75 wrote:Just tried IK T-Racks new API 550B really liked it so did some messing about and can get the same sound if I set all the Equilibrium bands to 550, Zero Latency Analogue all parallel and put Soundtoys Little Radiator after it. You can't get Little radiator free anymore but you get it when you buy Radiator.
and your findings are ?....

"and can get the same sound "
Sounds similar I like the DMG + Soundtoys combo more but I wouldn't mind both.

Only just noticed there's updates for all DMG Audio plugins. Thanks

Few new features/fixes for you... Meet EQuilibrium 1.50...

Fullscreen mode.
Free-drag resize mode.
Parameter lock option with shift+alt+click.
Render-DSP settings, can be chosen to be used for rendering.
Autogain feature with 4 weightings and M/S balance mode.
Imports banks exported from EQuality/EQuick.
Digital+Phase mode.
Autolisten with knobs and textboxes on right/alt-drag.
Added preferences for keeping band strips in frequency order.
Channel configuration can be selected by clicking channel strips.
Option to propagate all UI settings to all instances in the session.
Option to propagate all DSP settings to all instances in the session.
Option to propagate all Render-DSP settings to all instances in the session.
Per-instance MIDI input enable/disable (imports old global preference).
Mousewheel for subtypes
Duplicated band strips are positioned next to the original
Fix bug with A/B in AAX.
Fix AAX level meters.
Fix analyser source reload
Accept , in place of . for numeric entry
Entering text values for channel gain respects linkage
New bands are created matching the current EQ channel view
Improved labelling of meter channels in surround
Graph zoom/setup settings are saved and reloaded
Yellow meter peak pref.
Improved Simple/Precise number formats.
Improved DSP for Flat-Top peak with wide Q values.
Allow graph tooltip frequencies to be in note format.
Preference for tooltips to follow changes rather than mouse.

Out now ;)
[ DMGAudio ] | [ DMGAudio Blog ] | dave AT dmgaudio DOT com

Return to “Effects”