Bitwig Studio 1.0.8 RC1

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

nori.lam wrote:Another thing I noticed is that when I drag a new device onto an existing track (insrument or audio), the track is not automatically selected and active. Meaning the device is not shown in the device window (bottom gui window).

But if I drag a new device into an empty space in the arragement or mixer area, a new track is created with the device and that becomes the active track.

Low hanging fruit maybe :)
Another similar case is; when you have a project open and you open a new one you have to press the button in top left corner of the UI to switch audio engine to the new project. IMO this could happen automatically. The latest project should use the audio engine.

you have to press the button in top left corner of the UI to switch audio engine to the new project.

Just to expand on this thought, I would rather have the ability to enable multiple projects (just like I can in Reaper).

I would like to be able to have one project running all of my VSTi's (doing all of the audio routing and software instruments), and another project running only midi clips and events. If I had this, I could open multiple MIDI only projects (1 project per song) that would trigger the single project where all of my plugins are loaded once. I guess that would be asking for rewire though, and in a sandboxed environment I am not sure if something like this would even be possible anytime soon.
Alienware 17R4
Windows 10 1803
BWS 2.4

RC2 online :tu:

vientemusic wrote:RC2 online :tu:
:)

1.0.8 RC2

FIXED Random crashes when using library
FIXED Crash on startup of fresh install
FIXED Crash when exporting empty arrangement as MIDI file.
FIXED There's no way to remove a bookmark from the browser.

Thanks again for doing this so quickly!!!
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

sl1914 wrote:
nori.lam wrote:Another thing I noticed is that when I drag a new device onto an existing track (insrument or audio), the track is not automatically selected and active. Meaning the device is not shown in the device window (bottom gui window).

But if I drag a new device into an empty space in the arragement or mixer area, a new track is created with the device and that becomes the active track.

Low hanging fruit maybe :)
Another similar case is; when you have a project open and you open a new one you have to press the button in top left corner of the UI to switch audio engine to the new project. IMO this could happen automatically. The latest project should use the audio engine.
No thanks... I like that I can create a new project while the audio is still playing on the old project...

dom@bitwig wrote:1.0.8 RC2
Thanks for this :party:

nori.lam wrote:
volker@bitwig wrote:
powermat wrote:Dragging a midi clip into the arrangement view isn't as easy as it was. It is very difficult to get it on the right instrument track. It mostly wishes to create a new instrument track, which I let it, then drag the clip up to the correct track.
You mean when you drag in a MIDI file? Or does it also happen for Bitwig Studio clips?
I was able to recreate this but it only seems to affect midi files. Not the BWS clips I created.
I have noticed something similar. I have Geist in a track and when I try to drag a midi pattern from Geist to a Bitwig track I can no longer drag it to an existing track. It will only make a new track

Also, the pattern file (midi) is not correct now. Some notes are missing in clip in Bitwig. I think it was behaving correctly previously though I did not check it more than a couple times.

1.0.8 rc1

Fjorko wrote:You guys forgot to mention in the list of bug fixes that you FIXED my ( YES MY !!! ) reported bug where automation does not move when inserting silence !!!! It is working now !! Whohooo !!!!

Volker/Dom

RC2 broke this again - it's now not working anymore.

EDIT: I'm SO sorry - it does work - I was trying to move the automation on the second audio track using an instrument clip !! !!!!! OH WOW - that is so embarrassing - what a plonker!! , please delete this post !!!

Thanks for all the efforts !

dom@bitwig wrote:1.0.8 RC2
But what about reordering them? When you try to drag, there's a drag icon that seems to do nothing.

I reinstalled the demo and deleted all the preferences files.
Still issue with quantize time. Win8 X64 and OSX64
Just open Bitwig with 1 track Polysynth, record some chords.
When I then press quantize time in the inspector it only keeps 1 note at the same time. The rest of the chord notes are deleted. Meaning the quantize makes the clip from poly to mono. This wasnt occuring in V1.07 DEMO.

djpremacy wrote:I reinstalled the demo and deleted all the preferences files.
When I then press quantize time in the inspector it only keeps 1 note at the same time. The rest of the chord notes are deleted. Meaning the quantize makes the clip from poly to mono. This wasnt occuring in V1.07 DEMO.
Confirmed (OSX 10.9.2 and Bitwig 1.0.8 rc1)

djpremacy wrote:I reinstalled the demo and deleted all the preferences files.
Me too. Thought I was going nuts. 10.9.2 And 1.08 rc1

You guys are on fire, Bitwig Team thanks for the quick updates and responses :)

Return to “Bitwig”