Any CellDweller fans?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been listening to this and I have to say it's actually pretty darn good! Definitely has a mainstream sound, but I still enjoy the production on it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3juvNcYL3dU
:borg:

I like his old tune Switchback and that's pretty much all I know.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

I like his stuff pretty well. I don't have this album, but I do have Wish Upon A Blackstar and Soudntrack for the Voices In My Head.

I liked his older group Circle of Dust pretty well, too.

I love his debut album but Wish upon a blackstar didn't really entice me. I mean, it's super well produced, but it just doesn't have any killer tunes like Switchback, Birthright and Frozen, which is really a shame as there's so long in between his albums being released.

Oh wait, I meant this remix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cysaAKZf75c

:P
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Wow, that fellow has a ton (maybe actually more than that by weight ha-ha) of modular stuff. I do tend to like his sounds, though the last few things he's released maybe haven't really thrilled me as much as some of the older stuff, I'm pretty confident he'll come back with something super cool in 2014 or 2015 eh. :)

Perimeter Sound wrote:Wow, that fellow has a ton (maybe actually more than that by weight ha-ha) of modular stuff. I do tend to like his sounds, though the last few things he's released maybe haven't really thrilled me as much as some of the older stuff, I'm pretty confident he'll come back with something super cool in 2014 or 2015 eh. :)
He's a non-stop worker so i guess all of that stuff was well earned. I admit I did feel a bit envious looking at that modular setup.. :love:

That was an hour well spent. Wow...he really know his stuff. I've never seen him talk about gear before, but that was really impressive.
I think a lot of people on KVR would appreciate that. Shame they probably won't look at this thread :(

I used to like him. Not really anymore and there's no specific reason, just that my taste moved on elsewhere.

Though I love his gear.

V0RT3X wrote:I've been listening to this and I have to say it's actually pretty darn good! Definitely has a mainstream sound, but I still enjoy the production on it.
I just love Klaytons early works, not so stoked about the Wish Upon A Blackstar.

OTOH what do you mean by mainstream sound???? I never heard anything like it before and ever since. The only soundalike music i know is BLue Stahli and he is signed to the same label but came yars later. Might worth checking it. 8)
Cheers

piel wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:I've been listening to this and I have to say it's actually pretty darn good! Definitely has a mainstream sound, but I still enjoy the production on it.
I just love Klaytons early works, not so stoked about the Wish Upon A Blackstar.

OTOH what do you mean by mainstream sound???? I never heard anything like it before and ever since. The only soundalike music i know is BLue Stahli and he is signed to the same label but came yars later. Might worth checking it. 8)
Cheers
Wow, you can't hear the mainstream in this? You must not have heard much mainstream music. :o
CellDweller sounds like an amalgam of Linkin Park, Disturbed, and a hundred other bands they play on the cookie-cutter rock stations with some late-90s electronic touches here and there. I'm not saying it's bad, but it's anything but ground-breaking. :shrug:
[Insert Signature Here]

bailees7irish wrote: Wow, you can't hear the mainstream in this? You must not have heard much mainstream music. :o
CellDweller sounds like an amalgam of Linkin Park, Disturbed, and a hundred other bands they play on the cookie-cutter rock stations with some late-90s electronic touches here and there. I'm not saying it's bad, but it's anything but ground-breaking. :shrug:
Now that you said that i'll have to admit that it is a valid point. You totally ruined it for me!!! LOL. I always thought of LP as a metal version of Backstreet Boys and never liked those cookie-cutter rock bands. The nu-metal movement made me stop listening to metal actually. OTOH i'm from Eastern Europe and we never had those radios only the usual pop crap so maybe that's why i cant consider those mainstream. LP was on the radio but Disturbed is hardly considered mainstream there. (my opinion)

Amalgamating electronics with metal shouldn't be considered as almost experimental? I know it is not groundbreaking as others did it before but CD has a kinda unique sound IMHO.
Cheers

I just discovered him last week. I really like his haircut. Don't like the artwork of his albums.

That FM video is very nice, definetely worth watching (that 'me and my two shadows' was brilliant).

bailees7irish wrote:
piel wrote:

Cheers
Wow, you can't hear the mainstream in this? You must not have heard much mainstream music. :o
Come on. Listen to Wish upon a blackstar and tell me it sounds anything like Linkin park, Disturbed or other Nu-metal bands?
Unshakable for example goes from Drum n' bass to Dubstep beats. And he integrates it completely with the guitars. Linkin park often sounds a bit embarrasing when using synths - like most rock bands do.
The pure integration of electronic and rock/metal is miles ahead of those guys - and I used to like Linkin park but apart from a drum loop here and a synth there, the electronics were virtually non-existant.
I think Celldweller on the other hand can compete with the best electronic artists out there when it comes to synths/beats.

As I said earlier I only have his first album but in terms of pure production I think he's in my top 3 (others being BT and Shpongle) - the man has mad production skillz.

Besides, 'anything but ground-breaking' could be said about pretty much every artist the last 10 years. If music had to be ground-breaking to be good, I'd never listen to anything.

Listen to this track and tell me one Nu-metal/Rock band that can pull that off?
Actually, I think you'll struggle finding more than a handful of electronic artists that do it better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ql3g1BUVfJs

I might have to get this album now lol

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”