Logic pro X for mixing

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Logic Pro

Hi,
This is my first thread in this forum. I have studio one professional V2.6.and melodyne Editor V2.1.2 I am using it with a windows 7 based laptop.
Now I am thinking about getting a mac ?

Please advice !
Last edited by neojjjk on Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

no one ??

Logic X is perfectly capable of anything related to the song writing / arranging / production / mastering.

Whether or not it works for you is something only you can answer. Best thing to do is check it out at an Apple store, if you can, as they always have at least 1 machine showing off Logic.

Without that, it's a risk - like anything. Are you prepared to spend the money on a machine that might not like? (a small risk, but a risk none the less).

Peace,
Andy.
... space is the place ...

studio one is more then enough for pro results.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I 've tested logic several times in apple store. I really like the interface.
Last edited by neojjjk on Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OK ... if you like Logic then go for it! It's a great host ... not much it can't do ...

Peace,
Andy.

One more thing, regarding flex pitch: it's good, but it's not as good as Melodyne. So I would hold of on selling it, until you're happy Logic can do what you want.

Peace,
Andy.

ZenPunkHippy wrote:One more thing, regarding flex pitch: it's good, but it's not as good as Melodyne. So I would hold of on selling it, until you're happy Logic can do what you want.

Peace,
Andy.
Can you tell me which DAW you are using?
Last edited by neojjjk on Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deleted
Last edited by neojjjk on Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

neojjjk wrote:Can you tell me which DAW you are using?
Logic since v8, after using Cubase on Windows for many years.

I don't use the built in plugins or sounds much because I have a lot of 3rd party plugins and also hardware synths and effects, so they aren't really required for what I do.

Most of the built in plugins are great, but a few could do with updating e.g. the auto filter.

Great .I will get logic .Thanks ! :)

is it possible to use all instruments & effects of komplete using maschine ?
Last edited by neojjjk on Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I have Maschine controller Mk I and Maschine Studio software. It's a good combination, the upgraded Maschine 2.0 hardware adds some nice new features but I haven't tried them yet.

While it's great software for creating beats n jamming, for mixing and mastering I would always choose Logic.

Might be a good idea to create a new thread specific to the top though, because other people will be more likely to answer.

Peace,
Andy.

thanks Andy . Really helpful .will add a new thread.

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”