NI Kinetic Metal thoughts?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

foosnark wrote:I wouldn't have called anything about this particular set "static." :shrug:
Less static - they evolve but you have less control over the movement than you would in Kore or Alchemy

so you cannot load your own samples? a pitty.... this would have been awesome....

sorry for stating the obvious, but you can load your own samples into Kontakt. I'm mentioning this because many people forget that and use Kontakt as library host only.

It's a very good sampler, with the best loop-point feature. I've done hundreds of metal samples myself with Kontakt.

Phil999 wrote:sorry for stating the obvious, but you can load your own samples into Kontakt. I'm mentioning this because many people forget that and use Kontakt as library host only.

It's a very good sampler, with the best loop-point feature. I've done hundreds of metal samples myself with Kontakt.
so can you load samples with KINETIC METAL and mangle them with the gui?

you can load own samples into Kontakt ... just drag and drop.

Vertti wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:I have Jeremiah's Kore banks and they are excellent but I would have preferred this was made using Alchemy rather than Kontakt as like Kore you can create much less static sounds than you can with Kontakt.
Well there is always Simon's Alchemy Metallurgy which is already one of the best soundbanks ever.
When I listened to the demo, that's the first thing I thought of. I have Metallurgy and it's a killer soundbank, so I'm kind of waffling about Kinetic Metal.. urgh.

I hate indecision :cry:
Bandcamp: https://suitcaseoflizards.bandcamp.com/
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN4kuy ... Dx4ziLn3ng
Now a Relay Radio DJ! http:/www.relay-radio.com

I have metalurgy and it never worked.

It would have been best to get this at 50% off (if they had it) but this might be where my voucher goes.

So, I just got Kinetic Metal and I like it a lot. Of course, it has its limitations (do you all know libs that does not have some?), but the sounds are truly awesome.
I like very much the signature style of Jeremiah Savage (as in Kore and Absynth), and my taste can influence my opinion.

About its limits... you cannot make your own presets out of it (unless you save them to a different location than the lib's menu), you cannot load your own samples (unless you understand the complex mapping structure that uses 8 different sources at a time), you cannot make... other things (e.g. no adhsr on the UI), it asks quite a lot of cpu resources... but... but... but... it's a collection of "deeply beautiful sounds", and that's "what" I need when I buy a lib, or... I (do) make my own patches (and use all the libs I have to create my samples, of course). Kinetic Metal is a great source of inspiration, to play and to create further.

I happily own Simon Stockhausen's Metallurgy which I love, and Martin Walker's beautiful Steamworx, so, let me tell you, with Kinetic Metal you can tweak sounds "according to the sound designer's point of view" exactly as in the remix pad in Alchemy.

I did not find any demo that really shows the "deep subtle beauty" of the sounds.

I did use it for a soundtrack immediately, using some of the metal sounds for a long soundscape (which I cannot yet publish here).

If you know the sound designer's work and you like his sounds, if you like subtle, complex, evolving metal sounds, you cannot get wrong with it.

Hugs to everyone here!! :-)

Return to “Instruments”