The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

Ingonator wrote:I did not use the Bitwig demo since a week or more and guess what: I did not really miss it so far... :)

Ingo
I love how it works here. It stays off!!!!!! :party: :party:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Yes, they did fix PDC bug but they couldn't manage to implement DDC which is worse than Live at the moment:

DDC = DAW Delay Compensation :hihi:
Pigments - Diva - Tal U-No-LX - Tal Sampler

They gonna put Atari sequencers out of business or vice versa, lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSzKUcQBR60
Soundbanks for Serum, Bazille, Diva, lush-101, Zebra2, Monark... Here

Son, we need to have a talk about this bitwig bizznes

dedication to flying

hibidy wrote:I actually agree. That is what bitwig is, a beta. It's been in "beta" for years now.......oh wait, I was supposed to get a life.

Does that mean that if I forked 400 for bitwig I'd have one? :hyper:

If you want a life, you need to pay the big bucks for a Push...

oh wait, you already did!! :wink:

Seriously... Bitwig has some really nice core functionality, but Live is light years ahead with Push (especially if you add PXT-Live and PXT-Live Plus). The real time performance/composing possibilities are fantastic.

pdxindy wrote:
hibidy wrote:I actually agree. That is what bitwig is, a beta. It's been in "beta" for years now.......oh wait, I was supposed to get a life.

Does that mean that if I forked 400 for bitwig I'd have one? :hyper:

If you want a life, you need to pay the big bucks for a Push...

oh wait, you already did!! :wink:

Seriously... Bitwig has some really nice core functionality, but Live is light years ahead with Push (especially if you add PXT-Live and PXT-Live Plus). The real time performance/composing possibilities are fantastic.
I use it everyday for no less than a couple of hours. I don't know if you'd call what I do music persay, but I use it nonetheless.

Ingonator wrote:I did not use the Bitwig demo since a week or more and guess what: I did not really miss it so far... :)

Ingo

Me neither.. Just realised I haven't even been updating the demo anymore.. It must be over a week since I last used it, and that was only to beta test the ERS plugins in it (which if course its currently the only host on the entire mac where many of my plugins don't work).

Its so bad it's actually funny. I've been reading hibidys comments and chuckling cause he's so spot on about it.

But with hard core fans who will pay for it no matter what, and magazines that will give it glowing reviews and barely talk about the negatives, I'm sure it's here to stay for now.
$400? Everytime I think that I just can't stop laughing. You know its nice at least I got some smiles out of all this..hehe :)

I'm glad you got a chuckle Theo. Honestly though, I would rather be wrong ;)

Oh me too, I was just shocked the more I got into it that there was less and less to actually get into.. Believe me when I say I didn't expect nor want it that way.. And people defend to say its version 1, and studio one had Krystal behind it etc,, but who has mentioned that the people doing bw had tons of experience at ableton and should have known better? Not many but a few of us.

TheoM wrote:Oh me too, I was just shocked the more I got into it that there was less and less to actually get into.. Believe me when I say I didn't expect nor want it that way.. And people defend to say its version 1, and studio one had Krystal behind it etc,, but who has mentioned that the people doing bw had tons of experience at ableton and should have known better? Not many but a few of us.
Bitwig now has 1.0.8 rc1/2 out with lots of fixes and a bunch of mostly small but valuable improvements. It now does midi export and import is improved (import now includes tempo data and track names).

They are listening and responding to users in the forum and it shows in what was improved with this beta update. If they keep doing that then in 3-6 months it could be quite solid.

but see how fast they drop the updates, and the last RC1 gave already quite a lot new stuff to the piano roll etc, so if this goes on in this frequency i`m sure it will be really good quite soon..

lol same thoughts^^

Well only time will tell on that. Without track height adjustment in main arrange page, no matter what else it has, I'd never even consider it anyway. That's just ridiculous. And it needs an overhaul of its very lacklustre pdc system.. No low latency monitoring override and no visual sync.. Very premature and behind the times product in many many areas.

if you run into issues with pdc you should specify wich plugins you use that give you problems here: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9&t=407732

its set to a reasonable amount of compensation for most real world cases so im fine with that..

TheoM wrote:Well only time will tell on that. Without track height adjustment in main arrange page, no matter what else it has, I'd never even consider it anyway.
Of course, only time will tell... I am doubtful that adjustable track heights will happen anytime soon. I happen to be fine with it as is and some other people who first asked for it later said it was good enough for them. That is why my guess is that it is well down the priority list.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”