EQ 73 and EQ 81 New T-RackS Custom Shop classic British EQ models released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah, if they are not in the BOGO, then it's BO-NO :hihi:

sounddesigner wrote:
SWallace wrote:Sounding great! As always amazed by the value for the $ + sound quality. Been using the Black76 emu for years such an amazing plug.
Agreed, their quality for $ ratio is amongs the very best plugin developers. Many of the top plugin makers charge $300 or more for a single plugin but IK lets you get 500 credits for $300 wich means you can get 4 or more plugins for $300, plus jam points and sales and IK prices are cheap while quality has improved for the plugins to the point of being high. Sure there are even cheaper and free plugins out here from some other developers but to my personal taste those plugins very rarely sound as good as IK's, YMMV.

There seem to have been some role reversals/trading-places, IK seem to be the new UA because long ago UAD was bang-for-buck with quality plugins wich is what IK plugins has become, but now UAD is the new PowerCore and UA is now TC due to high prices of plugins. Oh how things have changed. Ironically TC is actually about to release plugins for the UAD platform (I'm sure prices will be very high if past is any indicator). IK back in the days was not even in the same league IMO and now IK has the formula for success.

Bravo IK :clap: for doing things the right way (generally). It's not perfect but you have a good business model and the new EQs are indeed VERY nice. Even many of the most hardcore doubters, haters, critics, etc will come on-board your bandwagon more and more as time passes with every new plugin release, as your greatness becomes more and more apparent and undeniable! Resistance is futile :borg: :borg: :borg: :borg: .

Especially if Ik keeps to suprise with models no one except but truly needs as is the Sontec eq witch might be not sounding as the 12 000 dollars hardware box but u cant find this sharp specific mids for 2000 dollars box as well as well so they did smart move and great job.Uad doesn't sounds better then no one nowadays regarding the tools and connections they might have so it will be difficulty to keep costumers with this expensive prices and this good but not better quality.

zeep wrote:I bought Precision in januari, Master EQ 432 in februari, tough luck no BOGO.

*edit
But i see neither one of the new EQ's is included in BOGO action anyway.
Well, I just bought both Neve EQs and got Precision + De-Esser for free. You cannot get the Neves for free but you can get something else for free if you buy the Neves. :wink:

Also, if you have some jam points, it is cheeper to buy credits using 30% of jampoints instead of buying the EQs for $$$ (+ using jam points). :) This is true at least for me here in Europe with all the taxes added to it. :)

Anyway, I have a question: Does it make sense to use the oversampling on even when mixing in 96kHz? Or is the oversampling automatically disabled in this situation? I did not notice any difference in the performance between oversampling on and off with these EQs.

I like the sound of some of the IK´s newer product such as the Precision Comp./Lim. and the EQ 81 - I´d like to buy. Unfortunately there are many not-so-good IK plugins sitting in my DAW folder, unused. In these days it´s hard to compete on customers money, very few of us can buy all the nice things he/she sees around. And the other developers such as the Fabfilter has really nice offer going on at the same time, among others...
What pisses me off (every time) is the IK´s way to show prices is that these are not net-prices. They offer the possibility of using the Jampoints which may be very lucrative, but on the other hand, those are valid only up to 30 % of the product price - and because IK shows the prices without the VAT, the tax eats most of the value of your Jammypoints.

Masr wrote:Anyway, I have a question: Does it make sense to use the oversampling on even when mixing in 96kHz? Or is the oversampling automatically disabled in this situation? I did not notice any difference in the performance between oversampling on and off with these EQs.
You can leave it on - it will be handled automatically at 96kHz and above for you.

Thanks, I thought so. :)

The newly released Master EQ 432, EQ 73 and EQ 81 are not eligible as a free download.
I was about to pull the trigger. :cry:

lotus2035 wrote:
The newly released Master EQ 432, EQ 73 and EQ 81 are not eligible as a free download.
I lucked out. I had sworn off buying new plugins some time ago unless something especially great came out, and even then, I'd avoid temptation by not demoing or holding off on a purchase until there was a sale.

I got to demoing the 1073 and the Precision Compressor/Limiter and I'm glad I waited. Got both for just under $100. With companies like IK, Slate, and Universal Audio, wait for a sale. They happen really often.

Anyway, I had done a shoot out with the UAD 33609 and IK version, and the IK version did I everything I liked about the 33609 (the weight it just adds to everything) but did more of it, and the attack/release behavior sounds slightly better too. I honestly didn't think I'd be retiring the UAD 33609, but I really think the IK version betters it in every way.

The 1073? Don't even get me started. The IK version is something else. It's a great EQ, preamp emulation, console emulation, distortion box, all in one. And it sounds amazing at all those tasks. Seriously, calling it an EQ is ignoring a lot of cool things about it. I honestly thought I was done with buying EQs for good, and this one pulled me right back in.
Last edited by Funkybot's Evil Twin on Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lotus2035 wrote:
Cool, I just saved 125 bucks!

hibidy wrote:
lotus2035 wrote:
If you like them, just wait for the next super IK sale. Or demo some of the older plugins, and see if there's something you really like but don't own like the Precision Limiter/Comp. If you buy the 1073 you can pick up the other plugin free. Just not the opposite.

Anyway, I just forgot to say that these EQs sound really great. Anyone interested in buying my Waves V-series? As I bought the precision comp with these too, I will not have much use for the V-series anymore...

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
hibidy wrote:
lotus2035 wrote:
If you like them, just wait for the next super IK sale. Or demo some of the older plugins, and see if there's something you really like but don't own like the Precision Limiter/Comp. If you buy the 1073 you can pick up the other plugin free. Just not the opposite.
Exactly, they are eligible for a freebie, but aren't eligible as freebies.
No longer with IK. Here is my Website | Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram

But i see neither one of the new EQ's is included in BOGO action anyway.
I know a couple people that were fooled by this. I have to wonder if those were IK intentions. You have to open a second page to find that out...and then when you dont read every word of the promotion, you get replies like "hey its clearly written on our site" (equal or lesser value - excludes 73eq,81eq,432eq) There how hard was that?

Ya know...and then theres the thing with the credits...You only sell credit packs that end in 0 (ie 20,40,80,120,ect) then price the software they actually care to sell with numbers that end in 5 (ie, 125 credits) This way you always have to buy more than you need...and its not even possible to buy 130. You have to buy 140, so instead of having just $5 waste you now have $15 waste. How Konvenient.

I dunno IK just does things like this. I find it a little insulting really.

I've tried the new EQs they're ok. They're not going to make a difference in my mixes over my other software EQs. Its really more about the choices you make. The saturation may add something slightly different, but nothing to worry about for me...but then i dont often reach for an EQ because i want to distort my signal...nor throw some type of saturation on every channel, in hopes that it will make my mix shine.
There ya have it...

The one page is a news piece at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/promos/?item_id=3895 that right on the landing page (which is atypical for a news piece) states clearly:
Can I receive the newly released EQ 73 or EQ 81 as my free download?
And the main promotion page is at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/trbogo which has asterisks next to those processors and states the following pretty clearly too:
WHAT PRODUCTS ARE EXCLUDED AS MY FREE PRODUCT?
Your free product will be a T-RackS Processor download of equal or lesser value. New products (T-RackS EQ 73, EQ 81 and Master EQ 432) are not eligible as a free download

CAN I BUY THE NEWLY RELEASED T-RACKS EQ 73 OR EQ 81 AND GET A FREE PRODUCT?
Yes. As an introductory offer when you buy and register T-RackS EQ 73 or EQ 81, you’ll get a T-RackS Processor of your choice. Your free product must be of equal or lesser value from your purchased product.
So yes, cue that indeed but it doesn't seem misleading or unclear in the least and I apologize if that did or does confuse anybody - we do have multiple methods of direct contact available to anybody who is confused and would like to ask pre-sales types of questions as always.

Return to “Effects”