Image-Line | Minihost Modular (Beta)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

zyguli wrote:Any news on making the plugin work as an effect in Cubase?
It will be solved. The developer has been busy on other projects. We've been allowing the bug reports to pile up a little so we can knock them over in a couple of solid days work.

Regards Scott
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

Thanks for your answer! That's great. I understand that. Good luck! :]

Hi Everyone,

I downloaded the latest beta, and am experiencing some isolated clicks and pops in the audio, even though I have my buffer set very high. I am using ASIO4ALL, and don't have any issues with other plugins/standalone products using this version of ASIO4ALL. I realize that this is still in beta, but was wondering if anyone else was experiencing something similar (and I can't find the place on the IL forum to report any issues).

Thanks!

PS - other than this issue, I think MiniHost is really great. It is perfect for setting up and saving instrument/effects chains for later use, especially for inputting as audio into Reason.

I also can't post on the IL forum. I have been testing Minihost on a Mac and the standalone and plugins have been running well in Live, EnergyXT and Mulab except for the same graphical glitches that others have posted about. I am however having problems loading the Minihost AU in any Apple application. Although the plugin passes the verification tests it does not appear in the plugin list in Logic Express 9, MainStage 1/3, Garageband 6/X and AU Lab. I don't think it's a 32/64 bit issue as I have tested in both OSX 10.9.2 and 10.6.8 (with all apps set to 32 bit mode in 10.6.8 ).

Not sure if you are looking for feature requests but I would love to see Minihost loading Apple's built in AU plugins (Live can do this). This could allow VST only hosts access to AUs. It would also be great to be able to load the plugin version as both an instrument and an effect (like the plugin versions of EnergyXT).

I also checked out Minihost in a wineskin using Wineasio and Jack OSX to route audio to another host (great way to use PC VSTs on a Mac) but, by using this method I also experienced the odd click and pop. Got me thinking, would it be possible to adapt Minihost to gain access to the Coreasio driver developed for the Mac beta version of FL? I tried this with the current standalone version loaded in the FL wine wrapper but, currently, it does not appear to be compatible with the Coreasio driver.

Really looking forward to see how Minihost develops.

Thanks to everyone for their support downloads have been impressive for a little-publicized beta, of a product no-one was expecting. All bugs we can reproduce that have been reported have been fixed.

Check the Minihost Modular Beta 3 News Item Here

...you will need to set up an Image-Line account, if you don't have one already, to download the beta. Non-customers (those that haven't bought anything from us) won't be able to post in the forums but can do so here. We do this as we get between 30K to 40K FL Studio demo installations a day, and our forums would quickly be overrun if we didn't restrict posting rights.

Regard Scott
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

zyguli wrote:Thanks for your answer! That's great. I understand that. Good luck! :]
Now works in Cubase as a VST and VSTi

Regards Scott

Image-Line wrote:
zyguli wrote:Thanks for your answer! That's great. I understand that. Good luck! :]
Not possible to load as an effect in Studio One.

firepile wrote:
Image-Line wrote:
Did you rescan plugins in Studio One?

Are you sure you are loading the VST (FX) version?

Regards Scott

Image-Line wrote:
firepile wrote:
Image-Line wrote:
Did you rescan plugins in Studio One?

Are you sure you are loading the VST (FX) version?
The first problem was that the installer had installed to FX dll to the Minihost program folder, not the VST folder. After having manually copied the FX dll to the VST folder, the FX dll shows up on the Instrument tab in Studio One and can be used as an instrument, but it is not possible to use it an an effect.

In Sonar X3, I now have two entries on the Instruments tab, but none on the Audio FX tab.
mhost.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Problem is that both plugins have the same "UniqueID" and both have the IsSynth flag set.

Still the same with Cubase 5. :/

firepile wrote:Problem is that both plugins have the same "UniqueID" and both have the IsSynth flag set.

Thanks for the info.

Regards Scott

zyguli wrote:Still the same with Cubase 5. :/
Ok thanks

Regards Scott

I've noticed some strange pops and clicks in the latest beta.

There is also a strange bug in standalone mode: When the metronome is on, the cpu usage reads 0% but when you turn the metronome all the way down the cpu usage goes up to about 6%...shouldn't it be the opposite?

Also I was wondering if you plan on adding panning control "on the wire" similar to the volume faders, and the ability to add a plugin between others without having to disconnect the wires. (jeskola buzz does this really nicely)

highkoo wrote:What were you doing between 3:30 and 3:37?
You are talking about the video at the start of this thread?

Connecting a Graph Module's audio output to the audio output of Minihost Modular and then connecting the MIDI output of the Piano roll module to the MIDI input of the Graph Module (so the synth in it) will be triggered by the same piano roll triggering the synth on the main Graph Module.

The point was to show you can have Graph Modules within Modules.

Regards Scott

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”