Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Perhaps the administrators should make a separate thread for the on-going SLogic debacle? Since it seems it may last until EVERY copy and serial number has been dealt with at least...

chilln wrote:Non-registering Fanfare here is 91304, too.
My first Fanfare (almost 7 weeks ago) was also a 91304-xxx. The replacement (which worked) was in the 307 range.

As Sample Logic is apparently able to tell where a library is sold (the Best Service support) it seems far more likely that they were aware of which serial numbers were being sold at too steep a discount, making it even more disheartening.

Fortunately, there are myriad companies who are far more likely to benefit from my discretionary income than those by whom I feel wronged.

BBFG# wrote:Perhaps the administrators should make a separate thread for the on-going SLogic debacle? Since it seems it may last until EVERY copy and serial number has been dealt with at least...
Big +1

This endlessly chewing over the SL thing is getting obsessive... :hihi:

hueynym wrote:
elxsound wrote:
I think he was being facetious when he made the remark... as a way of pointing out that this was the wrong thread to post deals (and probably related to Aloysious' remark about not being able to find a deal and being tired of the Musicians Friend/Sample Logic fiasco conversation, although a "discussion" thread is the appropriate place for such a conversation).
I'm glad somebody got it. (Thanks)
I'm not sure how other people feel about cross-posting to "improper" threads (like using the "Bargains/NO CHAT" to discuss things) and whilst it might be tolerated for newer members, I would have hoped more seasoned members would know better...

Also, like most people, I'm not fond of being called "a moron" and replied in kind.
FWIW it's not forbidden to post deals here when it happen out of the discussion (and not by itself) like it was here. if you don't understand the difference between the both threads you should blame yourself not the seasoned members.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Ok, given the recent events with SL and Cranesong, I think we need to start a blacklist of companies who use copy protection to lock legal customers out of software they purchased.

I've taken the liberty of doing so here: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5725859 What do you think?
Last edited by yevster on Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

hueynym wrote:
chilln wrote:Non-registering Fanfare here is 91304, too.
My first Fanfare (almost 7 weeks ago) was also a 91304-xxx. The replacement (which worked) was in the 307 range.

As Sample Logic is apparently able to tell where a library is sold (the Best Service support) it seems far more likely that they were aware of which serial numbers were being sold at too steep a discount, making it even more disheartening.

Fortunately, there are myriad companies who are far more likely to benefit from my discretionary income than those by whom I feel wronged.
Anyone else have a working number in the 91307 range?

yevster wrote:Ok, given the recent events with SL and Cranesong, I think we need to start a blacklist of companies who use copy protection to lock legal customers out of software they purchased.

I've taken the liberty of doing so here: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5725859 What do you think?
Cool. Could you share the proof that SL are to blame and have done something dodgy here rather than MF? Thanks!

A couple of things still puzzle me though. Musicians Friends say that Sample Logic have blocked all serial numbers yet Rumble registered fine. It also seems that those who purchased Rumble from MF are all working.
Not one report so far of a non working Rumble.
So are Sample Logic blocking anything? Why are MF saying that Sample Logic are blocking products they are selling when I've just registered one?

Ok, given the recent events with SL and Cranesong
Could you please explain the Cranesong events? I never heard anything about it and a forum search didn't help

TIA

Project

Mikelo wrote:A couple of things still puzzle me though. Musicians Friends say that Sample Logic have blocked all serial numbers yet Rumble registered fine. It also seems that those who purchased Rumble from MF are all working.
Not one report so far of a non working Rumble.
So are Sample Logic blocking anything? Why are MF saying that Sample Logic are blocking products they are selling when I've just registered one?
Right. That's what makes it seem like a production error with a lot of paranoia and finger pointing thrown in. But it continues to be nothing but speculation...

Perhaps MF meant SL is blocking all Fanfare registrations.

murnau wrote:
hueynym wrote:
elxsound wrote:
I think he was being facetious when he made the remark... as a way of pointing out that this was the wrong thread to post deals (and probably related to Aloysious' remark about not being able to find a deal and being tired of the Musicians Friend/Sample Logic fiasco conversation, although a "discussion" thread is the appropriate place for such a conversation).
I'm glad somebody got it. (Thanks)
I'm not sure how other people feel about cross-posting to "improper" threads (like using the "Bargains/NO CHAT" to discuss things) and whilst it might be tolerated for newer members, I would have hoped more seasoned members would know better...

Also, like most people, I'm not fond of being called "a moron" and replied in kind.
FWIW it's not forbidden to post deals here when it happen out of the discussion (and not by itself) like it was here. if you don't understand the difference between the both threads you should blame yourself not the seasoned members.
Actually if you look back, it didn't seem posted as part of a discussion (instead, posted by itself) and the comment the user posted seemed to indicate he thought he was posting in the bargains thread as opposed to the discussion thread.

Anyway, for me personally... I don't care.

I've mistakenly posted in both threads before and will probably mix them up again in the future.

The presets from the current vstbuzz deal .. they're really awesome. =O

Agreed. Now we need an Unfinished Zebra Bundle!

hueynym wrote:My first Fanfare (almost 7 weeks ago) was also a 91304-xxx. The replacement (which worked) was in the 307 range.
My replacement was a 307 as well, and it DID just activate! :clap:

So, perhaps it WAS a manufacturing issue (or something similar). Regardless, the situation was unfortunate for MF and SL, and many others. I hope all works out ok.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”