Do people still make Acid House anymore?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

acid!

my POV on acid (ptv) was more of an acultural force than a cultural force.. the generalisation of society has, in musicians forums, reduced it to a form defined almost wholly by instrumentation "so you can play at home too if you buy our special synthesizers, and just ignore those nasty messages it was about".

aka you didn't find yourself slowly dropping out.

as for where that "cultural force" has taken us, is it really anywhere?

are there any new genres in the last 20 years that didn't come from a position of rebellion and were assimilated into suv commercials et c.. any genre significantly different from say the 90's (when middle class electronic music fans were able to afford a home setup and the state of commerce gelled) is basically ridiculed as juvenile.. after a couple of music magazine construction kit tutorials on how to make flash-in-the-pan genre X it's last weeks' news.. degraded to a base analysis of instrumentation and method so consumer musicians instantly perceive and overlook it as something familiar.. novelty swamped by verveless clones..

if we're talking about acid house as 808s and 303s, we're not talking about acid house as trance state driver.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

xoxos wrote:my POV on acid (ptv) was more of an acultural force than a cultural force.. the generalisation of society has, in musicians forums, reduced it to a form defined almost wholly by instrumentation "so you can play at home too if you buy our special synthesizers, and just ignore those nasty messages it was about".

aka you didn't find yourself slowly dropping out.

as for where that "cultural force" has taken us, is it really anywhere?

are there any new genres in the last 20 years that didn't come from a position of rebellion and were assimilated into suv commercials et c.. any genre significantly different from say the 90's (when middle class electronic music fans were able to afford a home setup and the state of commerce gelled) is basically ridiculed as juvenile.. after a couple of music magazine construction kit tutorials on how to make flash-in-the-pan genre X it's last weeks' news.. degraded to a base analysis of instrumentation and method so consumer musicians instantly perceive and overlook it as something familiar.. novelty swamped by verveless clones..

if we're talking about acid house as 808s and 303s, we're not talking about acid house as trance state driver.
I agree with you in that much music has become a type of beginners kit written up in the glossies or on the sprawling web. But if we're talking about Acid circa 1987, then we are talking about 808s and 303s and a stripped bare instrumentation that followed in the DIY mold of punk. Was it quickly arrested by big commerce and smiley shirts? You bet it was! But it originated from a POV in Detroit and Chicago that encapsulated a worldview of the disenfranchised. The Brits took it and ran with it. It became big business too. One could say the same of just about any musical genre. The very early period, after the seed has broken and the shoot has tasted air for the first time, is always the most experimental; the most broken; the most passionate; and the most interesting in any movement.
Mixcraft 8 Recording Studio : Reason 10

I do make it!
https://soundcloud.com/kbeesmusic/k-bee ... acid-house

Party like it's 1988! :lol:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”