fake funk jazz jam

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/skoshu/sultans-of-slop

this is like the culmination of my recent obsession with tempo automation. give it a little time if you can, i needed some myself to dig the sorta sloppy yet synchronized rhythm.

It works for me. It's as if the drummer and bass player are trying to figure out what they can get away with at the end of a late-night gig, without the musical director catching on and cutting their bonus. The trumpet/synth suits the wandering vibe of the track.

Good work :)

Hello, kind give-feedback-before-topic-goes-to-page-2 reviewer!
That's a sweet description. I'm interested in making tracks worthwhile by adding vibes like that atm, when the core composition itself isn't really enough to make for a unique track.
I found that once you get into tempo modulation more it's hard to stop that trend, it just can add a lot in small or big doses.

Really enjoyed this :) I love bands that use interesting timing (being a big Autechre, Super_Collider and Squarepusher fan) and this really works for me too. I like the synth sound that comes in at the 2 minute mark - sounds kind of FM like. You're a talented individual :)

Edit - just followed you on soundcloud - No Fun No Ki is awesome - so too is Your House Smells Funny - reminds of Jamie Lidell's stuff
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Hey, glad you dig it android.
Funny, the "you have talent" compliment is something i secretly craved for in the past...finally concluded i probably do have some, but at the same rate have met a few individuals who are completely off the charts in that regard. Stopped worrying about it at some point.
These days i'm happy enough knowing i spend a good amount of time making tunes i wanna make, and it's taking me somewhere. Can see slow development. Feels good :)

Big fan of Squarepusher here. My recent music is way slower than most of what i used to do, but i'm curious myself how it might sound when i get back into 150+ bpm stuff at some point. Enjoy listening to it again, I'm really just waiting for the urge to do it!

Kool track, man. GREAT instrument sounds! That Rhodes tone is smokin'
Thanks & God Bless,
Bro. Charles
Reviewer's Revival Blogsite | Facebook

Heh, thanks! Had trouble with the EP sound initially and kept dialing back and forth on the amp settings and chorus wetness. Good to hear you find the result pleasant.

Return to “Music Cafe”