FM8 modulating external drum input

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone else tried this?

Loads of fun, particularly on kick drums, which are typically already sine waves.

Try it if you have FM8. :love:
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

Damn, this should be in Instruments. :neutral: :scared:
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

Really? You're using it as an effect ;)

But it can yield excellent results for sure. Haven't specifically tried it on drums, but played with it in the past, time to revisit FM8 as an effect I think :)

If the feedback wan´t such a c**t to actually put into a mix i´d use this feature more (there´s no sweet spot) often but it´s just way to dirty to stick in the mix and fm8 has the most horrid top end of any vst i can think(most fm synths do for that matter) or unless you like lone harmonics at 18khz that just ring and extremely dirty white noise with super low sidebands :)

It´s really weird because they are supposed to be based upon the DX and i´ve played round with the TX´s which have the same synth architecture and it is dirty but it doesn´t have that weird sit on top of your mix in an unpleasant way like fm8 and more so fm7 does

TIMT
I

BDeep wrote:Really? You're using it as an effect ;)

But it can yield excellent results for sure. Haven't specifically tried it on drums, but played with it in the past, time to revisit FM8 as an effect I think :)
Yea, you have to run MIDI in to trigger it on the note if you modulate an external source with it. I agree it's hard to control---I keep it fairly subtle but it's a different kind of grit, not the same as wave shaping or bit reduction. It's going to push your kick a little more towards FX but sometimes that's a good thing.

Return to “Effects”