No drag and drop functionality?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is the lack of drag and drop support between Bitwig and vst instruments a bug or was this feature consciously omitted?

zyguli wrote:Is the lack of drag and drop support between Bitwig and vst instruments a bug or was this feature consciously omitted?
zyguli, what is it you cannot D&D?

For a while now I thought I could not D&D Addictive Drums midi onto a track or into a clip.

Last night I found that by holding <CTRL> and <Click/Drag> I can bring the file onto a track for editing.

If running BWS as "Administrator" D&D is limited. This is due to UAC privileges imposed by Microsoft, not by BWS.

I didn't try the <CTRL> key method on anything else yet but plan to; for example, I prefer to D&D clips from my library as opposed to dragging in from the BWS browser. So far I have not been able to do this. I have had to copy/paste to bring in a clip. I am hopeful by using the <CTRL> key to solve this.

Perhaps this is what you mean? If so, try the <CTRL> key method to see if this works for you.

BTW - if you are on Mac it will be the <CMD> key.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

I meant dragging samples from the browser or arrange window onto pads in Nerve or Battery. I have tried ctrl, alt and shift and combinations of those and still no luck.

I can drag a sample from the browser to a pad in Geist. Doesn't work from arrange or the launcher.

OSX 10.9.2
Bitwig 1.0.8 rc1

Try a copy/paste from your library in the Windows browser. Not sure if this will work but hope so.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:

Drag-n-drop from arrange or launcher to vst is important...

Right now the workflow is terrible with Geist. If I have a drum hit on an audio track and I want to put it on a pad in Geist, I cannot drag it to the pad. Plus you cannot just save an audio sample by dragging to the browser. Dragging to the browser creates a Bitwig clip which contains the audio. That clip cannot be dragged onto a Geist pad. If you have a hit on a track you have to export that audio, then you can import it into a Geist pad.

And in general, I dislike that you cannot drag an audio clip to the browser and save it as audio. You also cannot drag the Bitwig clip into the Bitwig Sampler. You have to first drag it to a track, and then it is seen as audio, then you can drag it into Sampler.

I agree - We need a way to drop clips into the browser (be it BWS or Windows) that do not result in propriety formats unusable in other ways.

To have to export the audio and then import to a VST to be able to use is not user friendly, time consuming and inconvenient. This does not improve workflow.

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:

pdxindy wrote:I can drag a sample from the browser to a pad in Geist. Doesn't work from arrange or the launcher.

OSX 10.9.2
Bitwig 1.0.8 rc1

This does not work on Windows - only works if you drag a sample from Geist's own internal browser to a pad. The pads are not populated if I try to drag an audio sample from BW's browser to a pad on Geist.

Thx

Can't drag and drop midi from NI Maschine 2 Bitwig. Is it a Bug? Just want to Import some ideas without Record them again and again. :)

Bitwig Studio 1.07
Windows 7

Gets pretty annoying now.... :evil:

Any answers? Am i the only one with this problem since version 1.0

Return to “Bitwig”