PatchWork with Image Line plugins in Pro Tools 11 problem

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There appears to be a problem using Image Line 64 bit VSTs in Pro Tools 11, using PatchWork. I get this fatal error:
access violation occurred unable to read location: 0xffffffffffffff

Pro Tools stops working and I have to reboot my computer to load Pro Tools again!

As I own many Image Line VSTs this is frustrating from my perspective. I'm sure there are many Image line users who would like the capability to use Image Line products in PatchWork.

Image Line are aware of the problem, but report it could be impossible to fix from their end.

Is there a chance you guys at Blue Cat may be able to fix this?

Thank you

Platform: Windows 7 Processor: Intel Core i5 SoundCard: M-Audio Fast Track C400

Thank you for the heads up. We are indeed in touch with Image Line about this topic. While we were able to fix the crash when loading their plug-in, there is still an issue when unloading their plug-ins. We are trying to find a way to avoid this other issue before releasing a new version, but it is unfortunately a bit tricky.

Thanks for trying! There might be a chance yet, then...

You may want to try the latest version of our plug-in (v1.2): it fixes the crash when loading the Image Line plug-ins. However, the unloading problem has no been fixed yet.

Thank you for working on this, it is as you describe. It all crashes and I get an error message saying something like 'unable to locate a running copy of pro tools', whenever I try to change the vst.

Hi,

I've noticed the Harmless synth is worse than the others I've tried in Pro Tools. If you change the preset, once or twice, everything stops responding and Pro Tools crashes.

Thanks

I am not sure what the problem is with this particular synth, but we have not found a way to make these plug-ins stable yet anyway.

There's good news for you: we think we have found a way to fix the unloading issue for the upcoming 1.5 release (expected very shortly). As an existing customer, you can already find this new version (in final user testing phase) doing the following:
- go to the full version download page (received by email)
- click on the "older 1.x versions" link at the bottom of the page
- click on "1.5"

Here you go! Can you tell us if this new version fixes the problems for you too?

Hi,

Thank you for your perseverance on this issue. I'm happy to report as far as I can tell the unloading is fixed.

Ironically, Harmless is proving to be anything but harmless. This synth still causes Pro Tools to stop responding altogether and I have to shut it down.

Nevertheless, thanks, and well done.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”