Starting making house music from scratch!!! Can anyone help me please!!

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dear people,

Can anyone help me please with the kick drum loop. I mean how to make them, according different styles of house music. How to make them and what kind of theory is there to learn. I don't have the feeling to make them with midi or audio. It doesn't sound like it used to be in my head, i mean i can imagine it in my head, but making sounds different. Where can i find anything to learn it. Maybe with midi templates? Can someone help me with a visual Kick drum midi notes per genre house music?

Also learning basic house chords.

Thanks for reading my post and also for those who wish to help me.
I thank you all with the bottom of my heart.

friendly greets

aydin

Thanks guys for your help .

friendly greets

Kick drums are pretty easy for house man...basically 1 kick / beat. So if yours sounds bad, it's likely one of four things: your kicks aren't quantized, the velocity's are crazy off, (both of those are easy to fix within whatever DAW you have) the kick sample sucks or you're layering kicks that don't play nice together, (try different samples, look into purchasing samples or finding better, free samples online) or you're listening through your computer speakers. (computer speakers suck - at least listen through somewhat decent headphones and your kicks will have some punch, better yet look into purchasing some quality monitors)

Regarding chords, there's all kinds of different house music and the chords will be a lot different depending on the type of house you're trying to make. Your best bet would probably be to learn some music theory and about chord progressions.

Dance Music Manual is another good book that goes into all aspects of recording dance/house. (although he includes a lot of trance examples as well)

The kick drum for progressive house is simplest 4/4, there is nothing to learn as you can't screw this up. Possibly you could specify what exactly is wrong with the kicks?
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Return to “Production Techniques”