Feature requests

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RapidComposer

This is interesting. So the high voices are created by the Melody Generator, the middle and low voices are all chord notes?

So, the new String Section Generator will begin its life as the Melody Generator, with added "Interval" and Polyphony" (as used in the Dyads Run) and "Extension" (as used in Chord Generator).
As a side note: "Extension" was an experiment of mine to spread chord notes in several octaves and use one note as bass note, but it can be customized in a future version.

Note: if the middle and low voices are chord notes, the "Interval" and "Polyphony" will be unused, that is you can have EITHER chord notes OR added intervals, which won't be consistent with the harmony. Is this what you meant, Yıldırım?

Some control is needed to change the timing of lower chord notes (from "all change in sync" to "none change in sync").

Questions:
  • When there is a chord change, can notes of the new chord typically start earlier, or can they start later than the other chord notes?
  • Is the time offset 1-2 beats maximum with half beat division?
    It would help if I see more examples of this.
    I suspect that there are rules which chord note can start earlier, maybe the one that make a suspended chord when added to the previous chord. I really wonder how it will sound.
  • Is there a setting in the "Melody Generator" that can be omitted in String Section Generator? The MG has already lots of settings, and adding 5-6 other settings will make it more complex. The user interface must be simplified somehow.
>i want to add one suggestion more which i was thinking for couple of weeks,
>2 Bars , Bar , 1/2 Bar Divisions for Melody Generator.

Sure, no problem, this will be added for the next beta.

Thanks for the brainstorming and the good ideas! :clap: I will do my best to make this happen ASAP! It will be an iterative process, I will come up with something that you won't like and some adjustments will be necessary...

Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

:idea: I have an idea: why pack so many new settings in the Melody Generator?
For the chords a separate phrase generator will be used that will create the rest of the notes that are guaranteed to be below the melody notes. This way you will have full control over the melody and the rest of the chord notes. And it is easier to implement.

Of course "Interval" and Polyphony" could be added to the MG, but I would not make it more complex.

Thanks,
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote::idea: I have an idea: This way you will have full control over the melody and the rest of the chord notes. And it is easier to implement.
I agree. And it ensure an independence of the processing. Easier to debug in the case of...
8)

And easier to enhance also in the case of future options...
:clown:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

musicdevelopments wrote:This is interesting. So the high voices are created by the Melody Generator, the middle and low voices are all chord notes?

So, the new String Section Generator will begin its life as the Melody Generator, with added "Interval" and Polyphony" (as used in the Dyads Run) and "Extension" (as used in Chord Generator).
Exactly this is where i was start to think on it
musicdevelopments wrote: As a side note: "Extension" was an experiment of mine to spread chord notes in several octaves and use one note as bass note, but it can be customized in a future version.
and i should say thank you because hearing in wide range makes more sense to me
even very classical well known ones becomes more likeable to me :D
musicdevelopments wrote: Note: if the middle and low voices are chord notes, the "Interval" and "Polyphony" will be unused, that is you can have EITHER chord notes OR added intervals, which won't be consistent with the harmony. Is this what you meant, Yıldırım?
my start point was to create Scale Based pad/string sections so to being more clear
i stick with the Interval , Polyphony and Extension parameters.
and yes i am not suggesting something that will follow current harmony (chord progression),
i was dreaming a bit independent one like MG.
but might be more flexible if has one parameter for "Chord Notes <-> Scale Notes"
as in Generic Generator.

musicdevelopments wrote: Some control is needed to change the timing of lower chord notes (from "all change in sync" to "none change in sync").

Questions:
  • When there is a chord change, can notes of the new chord typically start earlier, or can they start later than the other chord notes?
  • Is the time offset 1-2 beats maximum with half beat division?
    It would help if I see more examples of this.
    I suspect that there are rules which chord note can start earlier, maybe the one that make a suspended chord when added to the previous chord. I really wonder how it will sound.
  • Is there a setting in the "Melody Generator" that can be omitted in String Section Generator? The MG has already lots of settings, and adding 5-6 other settings will make it more complex. The user interface must be simplified somehow.
this seems musical theory part of this topic and honestly its over my knowledge
so to the Community : :help: !

about the simplified interface yes definitely,
but i don't know which settings to left behind,
this is also needs more brain storm i think. :help: :)
musicdevelopments wrote: >i want to add one suggestion more which i was thinking for couple of weeks,
>2 Bars , Bar , 1/2 Bar Divisions for Melody Generator.

Sure, no problem, this will be added for the next beta.

Thanks for the brainstorming and the good ideas! :clap: I will do my best to make this happen ASAP! It will be an iterative process, I will come up with something that you won't like and some adjustments will be necessary...

Attila
indeed i hope new comments and ideas about this will make much more useful than i dreamed.
bigger divisions! great !
Thank you so much!

Warm Regards
Yıldırım.

oh!
btw
if it helps i can pick a few example midi files and send to the support mail.?

yellukhan wrote:oh!
btw
if it helps i can pick a few example midi files and send to the support mail.?
Yes, please, it would be a big help!

done!
also here is a little project
as an example to describe better what i was trying to suggest.
there is 3 track
track1 Dyads Run Gen. + track has note range limit variation
track2 bass you can just ignore in this case
track3 MG
i hope it make sense

huh!!
Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.
anyway here is the link
http://www.screencast.com/t/pmne3cqIvT

yellukhan wrote:huh!!
Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.
Yes, very annoying.

On our KVR account we have a very limited size credited to stock our attachments.

I have exactly the same problem for now about a week.

So now, there's not many choices... Either delete and abandon the old attachments (I haven't chosen this option) or pass definitely to another hosting place (I chose this option because the old attachments will stay).
Last edited by BlackWinny on Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

yes its not cool
i think there must be 10 or 15 MB limit
:(

Hi Attila,

my most likely last post for today, this time a feature request:

I wondered if it is possible to distribute the voices of complex chords on different tracks. Let's say I have a six voice chord like Cmaj13, when I drag a chord generator on a track I get exactly this six voice chord, but in a band not every instrument capable of playing chords would play all the notes. It would make sense to be able to distribute these 6 notes to different instruments, e.g. the bass plays the root, the guitar plays only a power chord E-B and the keyboard plays the remainig three notes D-F-G.
Would it be possible to have a variation with a few check boxes that allows to remove certain notes from a phrase, like remove root note (3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th, 11th, 13th) from phrase?

I know, part of that is already possible with the bass generator, which can be set to "use only bass note" and I could edit the rest manually, but specific variation would be cool.

Does this make sense to you? Would this be possible to implement?

Greetz, Max

^ ^ ^ +1 sounds useful to me

I think it might not be easy to implement, but yes, a good point. It could be useful also for my jazzy arrangements.

I have to think how this could be added.
In the group track it is quite easy to move a phrase to any tracks with just one click. The same should work for notes.
Would it be possible to have a variation with a few check boxes that allows to remove certain notes from a phrase, like remove root note (3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th, 11th, 13th) from phrase?
Yes, that is possible.

The latest beta version (v2.7b2) is uploaded which contains a new feature: phrase local history. Click on the information ( i ) icon at the top of the phrase inspector to learn more about it.

Thanks,
Attila

:party:
Phrase history + regenerate via arrow click is fantastic!
This is whole new level
plus big-long divisions as i dreamed :love:

Now! :hihi:
what do you guys think about saving multiple phrase history ?
to being more clear ill use Reaper's terms

Phrase History : Takes
saving multiple phrase history : Comps

ill try to explain with this simple example
let's say you liked
in track1: take 3 and take7
in track2 take 9 and 16 and you want to combine/save them together and re-call ...
to make some kind of a A-B comparison or even you want to use them
in the different Parts / Lines in your arrangement...
like this
saveComp01 = Track1 take3 +Track2 take16,
saveComp02 = Tr1 take7 + Tr2 take9

i hope this example make sense,
if not i can create a gif demonstration easily in Reaper
because I.M.H.O. this would really useful .

last for tonight:
how about ability to copy-move "Ghost" phrases to the different tracks?
if i didn't miss something...
so far i tried we cannot put them to the different track as a Ghost,
they switches to original.

finally
for all this new additions
Thank you so much! Attila :tu:

Warm Regards
Yıldırım.

Hello Dan!

Nice to see you today for this end of the day!

I'll answer you tomorrow because here in Paris it is now 3 o'clock in the morning and my wife has just come to ask me if I prefer to sleep with my machine or with her. She always says things with the smile, few... and she came happily with a "Tea For Two", (yes! True! A teapot and two cups! "And I love her"... You understand why) but to end in beauty this day, may I ask you if between Take 1, Take 2, Take 3.... Take 10, you wouldn't prefer this one ?

"Take 5" ! (the original and very cooooool version !)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmDDOFXSgAs
(one of the best tunes ever for the middle of the night)

Return to “MusicDevelopments”