SonicProjects OP-X PRO-II - I'm surprised this doesn't get talked about more

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer OP-X Pro

electro wrote:Imagine a x86 only Monark
Well, OP-X runs in Reaktor too ;)

http://www.sonicprojects.ch/obx/reaktorens.html

With all the sales that are on at Sonic Projects, it's annoying that the Reaktor Esnsemble is never on sale, would love to pick it up at $25-30

However, OP-X Reaktor and OP-X standalone don't sound quite the same...

EvilDragon wrote:However, OP-X Reaktor and OP-X standalone don't sound quite the same...
Well, at least the Reaktor one can function in a 64 bit environment without a bridge ;)

Don't care about it, Reaper's bridge is just fine.

I have used OP-X Pro II in more of my songs than any other synth in my collection. I guess you could say I like it a lot. :)

I have OP-X PRO-II originally for a Windows XP PC. I now use IMac and it's a shame there isn't a proper Mac AU version that doesn't need wrapping and Soundflower. So I tend to use OPX standalone with VFX/XQuartz/Winebottler now.

Now happy that OBXD does all I need as an AU in Logic.

Jbridge with Cubase 7-64bit has been working great here with zero crashes I'm happy to say.

Examigan wrote:I have used OP-X Pro II in more of my songs than any other synth in my collection. I guess you could say I like it a lot. :)
Same here. It's in more of my tracks than any other single synth. Works fine with bridging, always delivers.

As a long time user, I love the sound. But I wish they would add more contrast to the different switch states across the top of Pro II.

electro wrote:
quantum7 wrote:I haven't touched OP-X PRO-II in quite a while, mainly because it's the only softsyth I have left that is still a lowly 32-bit
How the hell is this still acceptable in 2014? There are only 5 serious synths left as 32-bit dinosaurs. 3 of those 5 are expected to have x64 ports within the calendar year.
Because for some inexplicable reason OP-X is still afflicted with the Synth Edit curse. I can't take it seriously until the developers take the time to remove the SE curse.......the only reason it hasn't been done yet can only be pure laziness.

Yes I know, flame away ladies....doesn't change my opinion one bit..........
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:
electro wrote:
quantum7 wrote:I haven't touched OP-X PRO-II in quite a while, mainly because it's the only softsyth I have left that is still a lowly 32-bit
How the hell is this still acceptable in 2014? There are only 5 serious synths left as 32-bit dinosaurs. 3 of those 5 are expected to have x64 ports within the calendar year.
Because for some inexplicable reason OP-X is still afflicted with the Synth Edit curse. I can't take it seriously until the developers take the time to remove the SE curse.......the only reason it hasn't been done yet can only be pure laziness.

Yes I know, flame away ladies....doesn't change my opinion one bit..........
Everyone has an opinion, I just don't get Quantum saying "lowly" 32-bit. If it works for most using a bridge, then it's not a big deal. For myself, I use Windows 7 32-bit anyway, so there is no problem for me.

It's still Synthedit and so many users will not (or cannot) use it. So there is also not so much talk about it. This new native coded open source OB-X goes in the right direction and so people talk more about this.
Anyway, if he cannot port this to a native coded plug-in this will always be a underdog, which will not find his way to more plug-in folders.

"lowly 32bit" lol, how about unbloated, smaller, faster code on newer machines? i've never met a plugin that needs anywhere near 3gb of ram, and thats all 64bit is good for. more bloat. i can see needing the extra ram if you are going to be surfing the net with 50 tabs open while working on a huge excel database AND composing with your komplete 15 (or whatever bloated version its up to)all at the same time, then yes, you need 64bit. 32bit still gets the job done with a matured, and slim XP x32 :tu: my 2 bits :x

oh, and as for the original OP topic....prob because OBXD sounds fantastic and its free? :idea:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Teksonik wrote:Yes I know, flame away ladies....
"Ladies" as a put-down. Classy!
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Teksonik wrote: Yes I know, flame away ladies
and they will! because ladies first, always! :oops:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Return to “Instruments”