Bug reports

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fyler RapidComposer

Attila,
Now, I am sorry to say - as addendum to my previous post of delay in playback;

I notice a significant delay in playback with "Loop" enabled and enable the "Play within timeline region" button.

With timeline/region button disabled and loop enabled, playback starts immediately. With neither button enabled playback starts immediately.

This occurred after dropping another Chord Generator onto an existing track. Prior to adding the generator I had no playback delay.

This is true whether or not "Enable MIDI In / Receive MIDI Start/Stop/Continue" (on Settings/MIDI page).

To test I created a new compostion. Nothing in it, no buttones enabled. Hit play and transport starts immediately.

Enabled the "Loop" button, hit play and transport starts immediately.

Enabled the "Play within timeline/region" button, hit play - playback delayed for 1 measure before RC transport started.

Let me know if you need any additional information.

Thanks Attila!

Happy Musiking!
dsan

PS...am loving the new "Strum" mechanism :tu: Thank you Attila!

PSS...It occurred to me the "Play within region" button may purposefully delay as a count in for recording? True? If so I apologize for my confusion. :oops:
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Hi dsan,

the only way I could reproduce this is when I set 'Region Start' to "0.1.00" instead of "1.1.00" manually in the Timeline inspector.
How did you set the timeline region? Oh no! I realized that when you set the timeline region by continuous Shift-dragging towards "1.1", you can set an invalid position, if you drag before "1.1"... :evil:
You can check the range if you right-click on the timeline.
The fix will be in the next beta! You can use Shift-click on the beginning and another Shift-click on the end position to avoid this.

Thank you, Dennis for reporting this, and sorry again!

>PS...am loving the new "Strum" mechanism :tu: Thank you Attila!

Great! At least some good news in the end :)

Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Hi BlackWinny, dsan and Attila,

thank you very much for your help and comments. I understand that I still have to learn a lot more about RapidComposer and how to use it properly :wink:
I will keep on trying.
Need to check, if the MIDI delay is better and more workable with Cubase.
Damn, my time is too limited :(

Just found out that the vertical placement of phrases works differently when the chord in the Master Track is set to an inversion (doesn't matter which inversion). This also leads to these compressed chords that you described, Attila, but sometimes I like them, especially for acoustic or electric pianos.

Happy Easter, Max

Attila,
I think that's the answer; my method for determining the loop points are as you describe (shift drag to left). I am confident when I <shift-drag> it is likely I drag too far past 1.1.

I will adopt your suggested method. Thank you for these tips!

Yes, been having a lot of fun with the strummer today :D That is when the better half would let me :hihi:

Thanks again!

Happy Musiking!
dsan
Last edited by dsan@mail.com on Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My DAW System:

max.noise wrote:Hi BlackWinny, dsan and Attila,

thank you very much for your help and comments. I understand that I still have to learn a lot more about RapidComposer and how to use it properly :wink:
I will keep on trying.
Need to check, if the MIDI delay is better and more workable with Cubase.
Damn, my time is too limited :(

Just found out that the vertical placement of phrases works differently when the chord in the Master Track is set to an inversion (doesn't matter which inversion). This also leads to these compressed chords that you described, Attila, but sometimes I like them, especially for acoustic or electric pianos.

Happy Easter, Max
You are very welcome Max! You'll find a whole lot of good and helpful people in this forum, no doubt.

Like you, I don't seem to have enough time to devote to learning RC and have a lot to learn yet.

However, the day job ends in 1057 days and I can't wait :hihi:

One of the things I like so much about RC is the surprises I run across just doodling, like what you describe with the compressed chords.

Take your time to learn it; there's a whole lot to learn. Attila has packed a lot of power into this software and continues to work hard to give us even more. Let him know if you run across bugs (he hates these with a passion and squashes them quickly) or feature requests (he's equally quick to implement FR's).

Above all, have fun!

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:

Thanks again, dsan, for your encouragement :hug:

Hey Attila,
I wanted to inform you that I have got the VST plugin working again. After it crashed every single host that I tried (I even downloaded and tried MuLab and Reaper with no luck, Reaper already crashed when scanning RC), I thought that there must be something going wrong during the initialization of the plugin and the only cure I could think of was a clean reinstall of RapidComposer and that did the trick.
Unfortunately I can't give you more hints that could help you to find the cause for this behaviour. I assume there is no log file that I can send you?! Maybe that would be a good idea, Jamstix does that and it seems to be a good help when tackling issues.
I will go on working with RC (standalone and plugin) and report back, when I am running into issues again.

All the best, Max.

Hi Max,

thank you for your feedback! I began to worry that there is still something very wrong.
However a few people reported that the VST plug-in crashes when the host restores the plug-in state, and today I found an evil bug that was introduced in v2.6. It is already fixed, and an update will be uploaded very soon, hopefully tomorrow.
Despite of this problem I get very few (almost none) ;) bug reports, so new features will be added very quickly from now.

Cheers,
Attila

Hi Attila,

I will keep on trying and if I find something strange, I will try to report as detailed as possible.

Today I have three things for you:

1) I was playing around with the phrase morpher, having 8 bars CCFFGGCC, put a generic generator in the first bar and regenerated it until I liked it, copied it to the last bar and stretched the first one over two bars (with phrase resize set to scale). Then I put a phrase morpher in between and saw that it was generating extremely high notes like 6 octaves over the other notes. These high notes disappear as soon as I set the quantization to something else than "disable note movement in time".

2) Some settings are not remembered and gone after a restart of RC, for example settings in the track display options, like "show shading under all pharases", I set it to "show shading under selected pharases" and after the next start of the program it's set to the default again. Same for "shade scale notes" which i prefer to be set to "hide note shading" and also the same for some settings in miscellaneous/user interface, some colours, saturations, brightnesses and transparencies are always set back to default.

3) The menu item "recents" is not populated with entries, it stays empty.

Currently I am running RC2.63.

Greetz, Max

One more thing, but maybe again no bug, but a question "how's that supposed to work"...

When I try to drag "limit note range" from the variations browser to a phrase, nothing happens and this function is also not available via right click on the phrase and going to phrase variations.

Why is it not in the right-click-menu and how can this function be used?

Hi Max,

thank you for reporting these strange things.
The Phrase Morpher is fixed now. I managed to reproduce the issue, and found exactly when and why it went wrong. Some user interface settings were indeed not saved, this is also fixed.
A new beta version will be available in about an hour with these working properly.

Saving the track view options is on the to-do list, so it will be added soon.

>Why is it not in the right-click-menu and how can this function be used?

Usually variations work with phrases before rendering, when the absolute notes are not yet calculated. "Limit Note Range" requires the absolute notes, so it can be added only to a track, and processed after rendering the notes. So this is handled a bit differently from other variations.

Thanks!
Attila

Hi Attila,
this happens time to time (not always)
so hart to catch/tracking..
after adding new track
switching from default SF2 Piano to GM, causes freeze the RC...
GUI goes but RC stays in the Task Manager and End Process doesn't work when this happen,
after about two minutes its disappear from Task manager.

W7 x64, RC x64, Asio4All if its matter.

Running: RC (ver 2.63)
Windows XP (32 bit) service pack 3

(This Application Error Message occurs on both my '2' separate identical machines, with the same s/w .. h/w internal configuration ) . . .

I am unable to exit the application without getting the following application error message ( actually, adding a 'clean-direct' EXIT application menu drop down option would be a more efficient choice, instead of stomping on the infamous RED 'X' on the top, right corner ) .

... The instruction at "0x1101ddcb" referenced memory. The memory could not be "read'.
Click OK to terminate program . . .

Rapid Composer always hangs when closing down (giving this error message), and I then must then go directly to the operating system and force a direct shut-down ... hmmm ...

Regards,

- atonal

oops .... I forgot to complete the error message with its complete reference location:

. . the memory could not be read at "0x05ddebia0" . . .

Sorry 'bout that

-- atonal

Hi Atonal,

This is very annoying because I just tried the same version on Windows XP and it did not crash. Did you use any VST plug-ins? Which was the previous version that did not crash?
Does this occur when you make a new composition, then quit?

I will upload an update for you tomorrow with an improvement that will hopefully fix this crash.

Thanks,
Attila

Attila,

What puzzled (alarmed) me was that I got the 'same' behavior on 2 separate 'completely matching' machines.

(1) No VST plug-ins
(2) This is my my first full version ( I downloaded a demo about 1 year ago, and I don't think I had these issues )
(3) Yes, It seems to occur whenever I take some form of action ... if I just open RC, browse around, then close, it doesn't occur, although, if I open some primary RC tabs, then it mis-behaves.

It is almost like it is unable to save its own tracing or activity log, if the user does something significant. A quick 'open' and 'close' does not always create any lock out.

FYI ... (also) the key-combination within RC of 'Alt - F4' is in direct competition with the standard Microsoft quick-key combination for 'Exit Application/Window focus'. . . I tried that one as well, hoping that I could close down and get out of RC ... no luck

Attila, keep in mind that this is not a repeatable-constant behavior ... if I do nothing exciting while in RC, than it behaves as expected by closing down ...

Regards,

-- atonal

Return to “MusicDevelopments”