Audio Damage tattoo

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Tattoo

codec_spurt wrote:59 dollars is at the moment equal to 35 GBP (quid). Now, skim 40 percent of that - 14 quid - British Pounds. Then again, maths and caluculators (sic) was never my strong point.
Obviously, £14 is the saving (40%), currently £21 to buy. :D

Still a bit of a bargain though at that price.

Tricky-Loops, the math wizard, recommends:

35 GBP * 0.6 = 21 GBP

:P

(Don't tell anyone that I was only average in math at school...)

GaryG wrote: Still a bit of a bargain though at that price.
Yeah, I'll say. I have nearly a dozen other drum/percussion plugins, but Tattoo has always intrigued me, so....wth, I bought it. I'm gonna spend the evening getting all random and sh!t. 8)
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

It would be great if it could load (drum) samples! :wink:

BTW, there are also great FREE drum machines from HGFortune, for example Percumat 2 and DrumBurst which are better than Tattoo, IMO.

GaryG wrote:
codec_spurt wrote:59 dollars is at the moment equal to 35 GBP (quid). Now, skim 40 percent of that - 14 quid - British Pounds. Then again, maths and caluculators (sic) was never my strong point.
Obviously, £14 is the saving (40%), currently £21 to buy. :D

Still a bit of a bargain though at that price.
Ah yes.

Did I mention Mathematics and Arithmetic were not my strong point?

Doh. Still...

Clean interfaces inspire me. Complicated or cluttered ones turn me off. Tattoo looks super clean. Hgfortune looked real messy. But yeah ı could try to find my way around it if i dont buy tattoo.
Windows 11/Linux Manjaro KDE + Waveform 11.

cryophonik wrote:
GaryG wrote: Still a bit of a bargain though at that price.
Yeah, I'll say. I have nearly a dozen other drum/percussion plugins, but Tattoo has always intrigued me, so....wth, I bought it. I'm gonna spend the evening getting all random and sh!t. 8)

You gonna love it. Check out the manual. The way it triggers patterns is quite unique. It's very very clever. And then you add on to that the random stuff it can do.

But yeah, if you just looked on it as a drum module, it might be pretty mediocre. Why else would I buy a drum plugin when I got Geist and RMV and Battery and Drumatic...

Tattoo does stuff that no other plugin does. And it's only er, 21 quid!

:-)

I am not great with MIDI and stuff. I am convinced that Tattoo is worth getting for its randomization and sequencer slickness. Is it fairly easy to hook it up to trigger another drum synth/sampler? I don't have many of the latter; just freebies like Drumatic and EZDrummer. If the hook up is easy, then I wouldn't have to worry about Tattoo's sounds and I would still buy it.

rpm wrote:I am not great with MIDI and stuff. I am convinced that Tattoo is worth getting for its randomization and sequencer slickness. Is it fairly easy to hook it up to trigger another drum synth/sampler? I don't have many of the latter; just freebies like Drumatic and EZDrummer. If the hook up is easy, then I wouldn't have to worry about Tattoo's sounds and I would still buy it.
I spent a few hours last night playing around with Tattoo (and Ricochet) and it was dead easy to get Tattoo's sequencer running Battery 4. It automatically shows up as a MIDI input and you can easily disable Tattoo's on-board drum sounds by clicking the "MIDI Only" button, leaving you with a really cool sequencer for any drum plugin. The randomization features are really cool and I especially love the randomization reset feature. I'm sure I'll be getting a lot of mileage out this plugin.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

That's good to know. My worry was about how you map tattoo channels to anothe plugins channels. Eg., connecting tattoo kick to other drum kick and hihat to hihat etc. I assume on the basis of your response that that's easy even if it's done manually.

rpm wrote:That's good to know. My worry was about how you map tattoo channels to anothe plugins channels. Eg., connecting tattoo kick to other drum kick and hihat to hihat etc. I assume on the basis of your response that that's easy even if it's done manually.
Yeah, the MIDI is sent out of Tattoo by default and AFAICT there is not a way to even disable that. So, all you need to do is select Tattoo as the MIDI input for the destination plugin. Also, it appears that the note assignments for Tattoo's sequencer/sounds are fixed (see pg. 32 in the manual for note assignments), so you have to assign the destination plugin's sounds/pads to the appropriate incoming notes. For example, Tattoo assigns the note C2 to the first lane in the sequencer (i.e., Tattoo's kick drum sound), so you would just need to make sure that the corresponding sound in the destination plugin (e.g., EZ Drummer) is assigned to C2.

BTW, if you haven't already purchased it, I think you may have missed the sale - it ended minutes ago, I believe.

My god I was about to purchase it. Initially the sale was just this monday but the sale logo was up until a few minutes ago as you said. Damn. But thanks for the reply. I'll see if there will be a xmas or new year sale or wait for the ipad release although I don't know how to sync ipad to pc if possible at all.

I LOVE Tattoo and use it mostly to trigger other drum modules. What I think it's missing though is the ability to set a boundary for parameter randomisation (a high and low value within which randomisation should occur). I did suggest it to AD, but I think their focus is elsewhere and will be for a considerable time.

NMG
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

There is an easter sale. I bought tattoo. Yaayy!

rpm wrote:There is an easter sale. I bought tattoo. Yaayy!
Me too

Is nice

Return to “Instruments”