Envelope shaper?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I like the one that comes with Cubase! That doesn't help you, though :hihi:

But if you want to use such a tool on single sounds, you should really simply use the envelopes of your synth/sampler, it's much more flexible (That's true for compressors and stuff like that in many cases as well by the way).
The sustain knob doesn't always have to be turned to 0 or 100%.

Cheers
Dennis

Envshaper included with fxpansion dcam dynamics is my favorite one so far. It's what the included envelope shaper in single mault is based on but is a lot more flexible. You can independently change attack and sustain, change transient speed detection bias, and has a low frequency sidechain filter. Pretty awesome.

-Sam

murnau wrote:
LimboLoves wrote:Only problem is I don't believe FL Studio has one.
realmarco wrote:I dont think you'll be able to find something,
like that outside of a sampler(geist is a drum sampler).

.....u can find some transient processor
It'll just make the audio snappier or mellower
but its a far cry from a sampler's ADSR.
murnau wrote:realmarco the answer is in this thread already. there are of course alternatives outside of a sampler (yes, ADSR not transient shaper).
realmarco wrote: what ?
outside FL Studio there's also volume shaper from cableguys, maul from fxpansion. also nearly every daw should have a envelope shaper stock plugin (logic: enveloper and old cubase i remember: envelopeshaper)

thats a sampler..or rather fruity considers everything as a sample so technically its still a sampler's adsr on that pic

the others just do Attack and decay. volume shaper is just a shortcut for automation great for loops but useless if you want to edit a kick or snare.
You can't Make it Attack decay sustain and release

just because a plugin has "envelope shaper" in the name doesn't mean it does exactly what u think it does
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

realmarco wrote:.....u can find some transient processor
suddenly turns out to:
realmarco wrote:thats a sampler..or rather fruity considers everything as a sample so technically its still a sampler's adsr on that pic
maybe you think over again (or better not). it seems you are a little bit confused what you tried to say here all the time.
it's just a simple envelope shaper plugin within FL Studio (like you pointed out before so hard to find outside a sampler but you now rant it's a sampler ADSR.. jesus.. are you completely n**s?
realmarco wrote:just because a plugin has "envelope shaper" in the name doesn't mean it does exactly what u think it does
no words for this.. i know that this is an enevelope shaper because i use it and it do exactly what it's created for. please now go back to your mac platform and better not comment on any FL Studio related postings since you dont have the slightest clue about it.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:
realmarco wrote:.....u can find some transient processor
suddenly turns out to:
realmarco wrote:thats a sampler..or rather fruity considers everything as a sample so technically its still a sampler's adsr on that pic
maybe you think over again (or better not). it seems you are a little bit confused what you tried to say here all the time.
it's just a simple envelope shaper plugin within FL Studio (like you pointed out before so hard to find outside a sampler but you now rant it's a sampler ADSR.. jesus.. are you completely n**s?
realmarco wrote:just because a plugin has "envelope shaper" in the name doesn't mean it does exactly what u think it does
no words for this.. i know that this is an enevelope shaper because i use it and it do exactly what it's created for. please now go back to your mac platform and better not comment on any FL Studio related postings since you dont have the slightest clue about it.

he asked for a plugin, the pic u posted is inside FL and not a seperate plugin

There is also the Metric Halo Transient Shaper - until April 30th you can get it for 30 bucks from RSPE. I grabbed a copy, but it is pretty subtle say compared to the Flux BitterSweet or the SPL Transient Designer. I also think the one that comes with Logic is pretty good too.

realmarco wrote:he asked for a plugin, the pic u posted is inside FL and not a seperate plugin
no, he originally disbelieved FL Studio has one and i corrected him but he was so pissed off then that he didn't want to admit that i'm right .. ..so the only outlet for him was suddenly to say that he search for a vst what makes really sense if you read the whole thread.. :dog:
..i mean really.. ..it's pretty easy to comprehend if you read the thread from the beginning even for you - i'm still optimistic ! :tu:
then again, now you acting the same way. pretty lame.. ..you both are muted now. i'm not here for this pathetic nonsense.
Last edited by murnau on Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

realmarco wrote:he asked for a plugin, the pic u posted is inside FL and not a seperate plugin
I see no reason why it has to be a separate plugin if all he uses is FL Studio.

murnau wrote:
no, he originally disbelieved FL Studio has one and i corrected him but he was so pissed off then that he didn't want to admit that i'm right .. ..so the only outlet for him was suddenly to say that he search for a vst what makes really sense if you read the whole thread.. :dog:
..i mean really.. ..it's pretty easy to comprehend if you read the thread from the beginning even for you - i'm still optimistic ! :tu:
then again, now you acting the same way. pretty lame.. ..you both are muted now. i'm not here for this pathetic nonsense.
wow that was unpleasant

Bronto Scorpio wrote:I like the one that comes with Cubase! That doesn't help you, though :hihi:

But if you want to use such a tool on single sounds, you should really simply use the envelopes of your synth/sampler, it's much more flexible (That's true for compressors and stuff like that in many cases as well by the way).
The sustain knob doesn't always have to be turned to 0 or 100%.

Cheers
Dennis
True dat, the AHDSR-Env. settings in the FL Sampler are fantastico.
no sig

murnau wrote:
OTOT murnau has an even better point; FL itself can be used a plugin if I remember FL correctly. That is the one of the problems I feel is big here murnau dude, You know that no matter when one tries to help others...Some in what is mean't to be a community do not want to do the same, It is a shame isn't it? It happens to often for me to not become jaded by it, Not just having it happen first hand but also to see it happen to fellow members like in your case here

Right so good envelope shapers?

Well Flux BitterSweet is a good freebie and it works like most do really damned well in small amounts just before compression to give the material to be compressed a good kick and to affect the outcome.
One's I use often would be LVC-Audio Transector, Sonnox Transmod, Cakewalk SONAR TS-64 Transient Shaper, I don't have it myself but I like the MAGIX Analogue Modelling Suite AM-Pulse one, The Sonalksis one which is tied in to Toontrack's Superior Drummer 2 I use more than I thought I did, Same with the Transient Master which is available separately but I have in NI KONTAKT 5 and also as an add-on for NI's Guitar Rig 5 Pro, I also use the two SPL Transient Designer's which are inside their DrumXchanger plug-in but wasn't impressed with the plugin models compared to one's which they are based on to buy for use outside of DrumXchanger, SKnote Snap CM is a cool one and well worth the price of a copy of CM magazine! Then the SSL Duende DrumStrip has a decent one for my needs and I also do abuse some compressors to do the job, The main plugin one being Softube's Valleypeople Dyna-mite. Stillwell/Schwa have a good couple too IMO but are in need of updating for many users. I'm sure I've missed many popular ones but that is what I reach for ITB

All the best, Dean :)

Dean Aka Nekro wrote:That is the one of the problems I feel is big here murnau dude, You know that no matter when one tries to help others...Some in what is mean't to be a community do not want to do the same, It is a shame isn't it? It happens to often for me to not become jaded by it, Not just having it happen first hand but also to see it happen to fellow members like in your case here
i couldn't say better, nothing to add.. ..so thank you Dean! this are true words of a wise man!

regards

Murnau, I really appreciate you trying to help me, but we were on the wrong page. I should have asked for a VST, so I am sorry if I came off as angry or a jerk. I'm not mad or anything. So if you want to keep ignoring me then that's ok, but just know I wasn't trying to come off that way.

Thanks for all the help in the thread guys. I found a oldie that works very good (dominion) and it's been great.

LimboLoves wrote: I found a oldie that works very good (dominion) and it's been great.
Just be aware that although it introduces some latency it doesn't report it to the host. It could lead to problems.

masterhiggins wrote:Envshaper included with fxpansion dcam dynamics is my favorite one so far.
THIS!

I´ve tried some freeware transient tools and a couple commercial ones (Native Instruments Transient Master, SPL Transient Designer) and imho the FXpansion EnvShaper blows them all out the water.

I highly recommend to give it a try!

Return to “Effects”