Electro Psytrance on Renoise

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic

What are your feelings about the song?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:35 am

Sucks
33%
Keep it up
33%
Neither good, nor bad
11%
Better luck next time
No votes
Not my cup of tea
22%

Total votes: 9

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys, I was inspired by great composers, such as Tiesto and Electric Universe and I made this tune on Renoise, it is the mixture of Electro and Psytrance and I will be so glad if you rate it. Send me feedbacks and I will also send feedback to your stuff. Cheers!

https://soundcloud.com/brain-claim/my-brain-is-f**ked

Please, do not use wide stereo on bass. It feels like daze.

In fact, whole tracks seems to have messed-up panorama and is clipping. It's so disturbing it's hard to talk about actual composition.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

the song should fulfil its purpose, otherwise it still need many improvements, thanks for your feedback! :)

DJ Warmonger wrote:Please, do not use wide stereo on bass. It feels like daze.

In fact, whole tracks seems to have messed-up panorama and is clipping. It's so disturbing it's hard to talk about actual composition.
I totally disagree.
I loved the stereo imaging and movement. I liked everything about the mix...as well as the whole composition. It was interesting enough for home listening...as Tiesto also can be. Never tried Renoise. Was Renoise somehow responsible for it sounding this way? How did you assemble your imaging? Did you use send/returns w/delays...much interested.

Good work. :)
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

I liked the tune. Not really my genre, but I still enjoyed it. The synthetic sound are just ear-candy, neither here nor there. Tension-building and release pretty good. The tune took me somewhere, although it got a bit monotonous around 6:00. Would have liked more melodic content and development, though. (The title didn't really make me want to listen to it. The technical engineering seemed fine to me).

Thanks guys! I mainly used synthesizer sylenth1 on Renoise, it helped me a lot, otherwise I used effects like stereo expanders, ringmods, equalizers, delays, reverbs. For the raise-ups I used mainly pitchbend and frequency raisers on Ringmod and all this on Renoise. Everybody can learn to work with Renoise throughout time and though it is professional. I like the program and it was also recommended to me by my best friend who makes music for over year and half.

You can check out his tunes right here:
https://soundcloud.com/outstander

I asked above;
Was Renoise somehow responsible for it sounding this way? How did you assemble your imaging? Did you use send/returns w/delays...much interested.
I wasn`t questioning whether you used effects or which ones, but how you used delay/reverb/widening, for example, to get the stereo imaging you managed.

Second, you mentioned using Renoise...we all use a host, why mention it?

I am sorry, I didn't understand your question correctly. I didn't do anything special to the effects, I used automations and widened and shortened the stereo in the stereo expander, concerning the reverb I concentrated on duration of the sound and concerning LFO I set automatic panning from side to side. Synthesizers in the Renoise do many things there just on their own. In the vocals "turn me on" I specialized the vocal by doubling it and to each sound I put different frequency (ringmod) and also panning helped a lot. Is that it what you needed to know?

P.S. I apologize for my level of English, it is not good far enough :D

No need to apologize, I don`t speak a second language and i`m fortunate that you do. :)
The widening while panning through that reverb gives a rather unusual stereo image. I hear delays across each side as the sounds pan. I was thinking how I would do this, with mono synth channel into stereo send effects(delay). But seems your reverb may be doing this alone. (cross-delays)

Nicely made. :)

Thanks man, I appreciate your interest so much, it just makes me keep up making music and improving myself! :)

i don't hear the clipping (not that it's not there) and have no problem with the use of stereo. interesting stuff. keep it up!

Good to hear that! I will keep it up and concentrate myself on making various kinds of music :)

Return to “Music Cafe”