Other music forums you frequent?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:o :o :o :o
OMG KVR is a music forum ? I thought it was a tech nolife junkies rendez-vous !

:hihi: :hihi:
You can't always get what you waaaant...

hibidy wrote:
Robmobius wrote:I forgot, I look at the S1 forums as well, but I wouldn't post there...
Why on earth not? It's easily the nicest of the ones I go to.
Well, part of the reason is that I only lurk there for info re. S1 Where as with KVR, etc. There's way more stuff to jaw about. :)

And you can also talk about other DAWS here. There's a bit of fanboyisim over yonder (despite S1 being my main DAW).
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Doesnt the DAW talk get boring though? I can only repeat one thing over and over: "FL to me has the best piano roll so i use it". It kinda sucks on many other levels, but i don't care anymore. Any other daw would get the job done, but glad i'm comfy with one, and in the end it's all the same.

:borg:
Last edited by ontol on Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gearslutz, Cakewalk, TranceAddict, occasionally Avid, Anjunabeats, AmbientOnline, and a few others.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

Robmobius wrote:
hibidy wrote:
Robmobius wrote:I forgot, I look at the S1 forums as well, but I wouldn't post there...
Why on earth not? It's easily the nicest of the ones I go to.
Well, part of the reason is that I only lurk there for info re. S1 Where as with KVR, etc. There's way more stuff to jaw about. :)

And you can also talk about other DAWS here. There's a bit of fanboyisim over yonder (despite S1 being my main DAW).
Hmmmmm. I mean, I think all host sites are that way to some degree. But we talk about other things too. It's just like anything else, everyone is different, all that, etc :)

nasenmann wrote:Doesnt the DAW talk get boring though? I can only repeat one thing over and over: "FL to me has the best piano roll so i use it". It kinda sucks on many other levels, but i don't care anymore. Any other daw would get the job done, but glad i'm comfy with one, and in the end it's all the same.
I like it. I like to voice my compliments and complaints :shrug:

hibidy wrote:
nasenmann wrote:Doesnt the DAW talk get boring though? I can only repeat one thing over and over: "FL to me has the best piano roll so i use it". It kinda sucks on many other levels, but i don't care anymore. Any other daw would get the job done, but glad i'm comfy with one, and in the end it's all the same.
I like it. I like to voice my compliments and complaints :shrug:
Sure sure. It's good to have a place for it. But there also are many more interesting things to talk about, and using KVR for that lately is what made me think about looking at other forums as well that don't have the official focus on gear/daw.

Thanks for the suggestions/namedrops so far.

Well, for me my number one interest is hosts/effects. Instruments is a bit behind that followed by computers and hardware (guitars/basses for me mainly)

It is nice to have a one-stop-shop here.

hibidy wrote:Well, for me my number one interest is hosts/effects. Instruments is a bit behind that followed by computers and hardware (guitars/basses for me mainly)

This is a great point. KVR is a great one-stop-shop for all kinds of yammering on, tech or not. It makes an okay surrogate for social contact, too :oops: :P :( :lol:
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

I did 'Composer's Forum' for a brief time. It had too many conservatives for me, both in terms of concert music aficionados and film music.
You cannot claim Mozart as a conservative for his milieu and know very much. I enjoyed bringing in his letters to his bunny cousin ...
I now wish you goodnight, shit in your bed with all your might, sleep with peace on your mind and try to kiss your own behind.

and things like the tune 'Leck Mich Im Arsch'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYRRuJZSrXE

call it a fetish, call him a freak
call him 'in need of a tongue on his butt cheek'

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xktglq ... rsch_music

Yeah jan, i know that stuff in german, it's a pretty serviceable translation :)
And works well as an anecdotal hint for compositeurs stuck up too far in their own asses.

"Leck mich -IM- Arsch" is especially naughty btw (compared to the regular "am Arsch"). Really caught my attention when i heard that as a kid, lol.

hibidy wrote:
bluedad wrote::o There are other music forums?
:lol:
:lol:

As well as model train forums etcetera..... :scared: :scared:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Gearslutz & Polkas United Forum

Jace-BeOS wrote:
hibidy wrote:Well, for me my number one interest is hosts/effects. Instruments is a bit behind that followed by computers and hardware (guitars/basses for me mainly)

This is a great point. KVR is a great one-stop-shop for all kinds of yammering on, tech or not. It makes an okay surrogate for social contact, too :oops: :P :( :lol:
Considering this is my hobby, it's been a great place.......most of the time. A few bumps, but that is to be expected.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”