I am finally ready to make full tracks, but is Bitwig?

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been using another DAW, and for the life of me, I haven't broken far out of the loop phase. I've been impressed with my own loops (other local producers, as well). It was time for me to find out why I continuously stayed locked in the loop.

After trying Bitwig, I quickly noticed that a lot of my loop-lock was due to the design of the DAW I had been using, prior. So, being VERY ready to produce full tracks, I purchased Bitwig.

Having lost a big project to a crash (had many, but this one killed the project file, as I had saved after the engine crashed and this time it corrupted it or something), and it was the first project that I was putting hard effort into making my first full track, I hesitate to do anything serious with Bitwig. I start projects and for one reason or another, Bitwig or the Audio Engine crashes, and I get discouraged.

I'm ready. I'm ready to start working on full tracks. I'm ready to put forth the effort. The question is, do I spend the rest of the money that I had planned on spending on synths, effects, and sample libraries ... on Ableton?

I'm tired of having more reasons to not complete something, and this form of editing is definitely a step in the right direction (I can't really explain it, it just MAKES me want to go further than the loop).

Please, I don't have extra money often ... in fact, once a year. So, I'd like to make this year's spending count. What would you do?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts, and happy musiking!

Loads of us have made full tracks in Bitwig. Save your money.

I would say go for, despite their being some thing still not present and some bugs I have still found it better than ableton for in-depth results as the modulation system alone is worth its weight in gold, if you jump on bitwig now you will be able to learn and grow with it, for what it lacks as a newbie daw it makes up for in other areas just imagine a year on from now and what this Daw will be like then. I have spent years making great songs yet never quite finish them, ableton GUI used to batter my head and eyes it was that clinical, so great to view the midi data without having to expand a clip to see it.

I was a bit down when I first got bitwig studio with the various issues going on or lack of functions/features, but as the days have gone on I have accepted it for what it does and I have been getting great results and more dimension to my tracks, it fun and it will get you hooked once you see past these early stages of a new Daw, any doubts I had are fast fizzling away and if you are used to ableton then you will find the transition easy and the modulation system will be icing on the cake.

looking forward to the future now I have found my ideal daw is underway.
the only concerns is the midi control scripting aspect, but that will become irrelevant in the near future when more scripts have been made so not a worry overall.
New Drum & bass and trance mixes for April 2014 (also Breaks And eclectic DJ mix sets) http://www.mixcloud.com/SubJacent/

Use MuLab!

It's rock-solid and inspiring 8)

Download it from http://www.mutools.com/mulab-downloads.html

coming here as a company represent and advising the own software is pretty lame...

Suloo wrote:coming here as a company represent and advising the own software is pretty lame...
+1

I'm not advertising, i'm simply on topic. Pls don't overreact. I respect BWS for what it is. And i respect ML for what it is. That's all. Should i really post such things with a hidden user name? No, i'm just straight. And only posting from time to time, on topic. Stay cool.

Sorry, but I would never post in e.g. the U-he forum or Rob Papen to say "Use Alchemy, it's really good".
... space is the place ...

mutools wrote:I'm not advertising, i'm simply on topic. Pls don't overreact. I respect BWS for what it is. And i respect ML for what it is. That's all. Should i really post such things with a hidden user name? No, i'm just straight. And only posting from time to time, on topic. Stay cool.
You are not on topic, because this is the Bitwig forum and it is a thread about Bitwig. You are spamming another developers forum with your own advertising. Not cool at all...

In the end the only thing that matters is: Making music. And connecting musicians with the right tools, which often is a personal choice/feel.

If OP is 100% happy with BWS then ok. But OP is not 100% happy with BWS and looks for solutions, even evaluating other hosts. Even if i'm the developer of ML i still have the right to share my on topic opinion. It's about offering solutions.

I'm not "simply" saying ML is perfect. Both BWS and ML have their strong and weak points. OP is complaining about a weak point in BWS and i'm only saying that ML is strong in that aspect.

Don't i have a right on an opinion anymore? Or should i really post such posts using a nickname? That would really be stupid imho. I prefer being straight. I respect BWS for what it is. And i respect ML for what it is.

*....Grabbing my popcorn.....*

This is going to get interesting ! ;-)

mutools wrote:
Don't i have a right on an opinion anymore? Or should i really post such posts using a nickname. That would really be stupid imho. I prefer being straight. I respect BWS for what it is. And i respect ML for what it is.
You should respect that this is the Bitwig forum and not make unsolicited posts about your product regardless of which name you would use. You say you respect Bitwig but your actions say otherwise.

There are common forums like Instruments, Hosts, Hardware where if you want to post that is fine... but not in other developers forums.

But OP is talking about other hosts himself !! That's what "opens" this topic imho. I do respect BWS. Anyway i'll shut up now, i don't want to "spam" you guys any further as you're convinced i should not do this in this forum. I'll take it into account in the future. Lets leave it to OP if my posts were relevant.

pdxindy wrote:
Suloo wrote:coming here as a company represent and advising the own software is pretty lame...
+1
Actually it made me laugh, as it looks like an outdated POS DAW. :lol:

I'm wondering how the OP expects subjective opinions in the Bitwig forum? should have posted in another forum.

Return to “Bitwig”