Does VariAudio 2 have a "snap to Scale" function? in cubase 7 - 7.5?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just wondering if Variaudio 2.0 had a quantize function to snap to a specific scale of choice or snap to the scale within chord track?

Ive been using Melodyne and have gotten use to it, but now I'm interested in getting Cubase 7.5 to have the ease of use within the DAW>

So... anyone? ..

Thanks!

Yup.
vespesian (sean)

You're in an amazing state - so stay there.

Thanks,

Another thing I was wondering as well,
is I've also used Melodyne for quickly selecting and deleting background noise.
It looks like a straight line.... Just select and delete,

is there a quick way of doing this with Variaudio?

That one, not as far as know, cause I think that relies on the melodyne dna technology.

ok, that's too bad.
Curious if there's anything better about Variaudio vs Maelodyne other than being within the daw.

Thanks, for the info!

Backround noise can also be deleted (and probably with better quality) in a one step select and delete with something like izotope RX (basic version is fine).. perhaps wait till izotope have a sale which happens often enough..

That "background line noise" in Melodyne is only removing the notice before the next vocal. This can be achieved in Cubase by simply cropping your audio track, or better yet have Cubase detect / remove silence by adjusting the threshold so it cuts out the noise, but keeps the vocal. Or add a gate plugin.

Plenty of ways to achieve the same result as what you can do in Melodyne for "removing noise," though ultimately the best way is with a dedicated noise reduction plugin like izotope RX.
My progressive rock band - free demos here!! (and if you do listen please let me know what you think!) http://www.aeonsatori.com/news/free-downloads

Thanks you so much for the info. I'm excited to make the transition to variaudo.
Will look into Isotope RX. either that, or detect silence, Didn't know Cubase could do that.

Noice!

The integration of variaudio with the chord track is what makes it v.a. cool...make sure you read the manual/watch the various youtube tutorials. It gets pretty deep.
vespesian (sean)

You're in an amazing state - so stay there.

yea, that's exactly the reason I wanted to buy the upgrade! :)
The harmonizing and chord track, just wasn't sure if you could do the scale snap with your choice of key/or to follow chord track.

I just finished writing music to an entire album within a month. So I've been struggling with vox. I'm new to singing.

Here's the 10 song album written in the month of February if anyone's interested.
February 28 day challenge- 10 songs in 28 days. :)

https://soundcloud.com/gregory-maddox/s ... ge-10-song

Will be another challenge to get vox in.

Thanks All!

Ok, Just started using the Full Cubase 7.5 Via trial.

So much easier to work Pitch correction within the DAW. I'm really impressed with VariAudio- I prefer Variaudio over Melodyne overall.

I can see pros and cons here vs Melodyne though.

Pros:
• Since its within the DAW, you can copy/paste your full comped parts along with your edits in place.
• Better "snap to" scale AND chords using chord track, notes highlighted by color. Green=within chord, blue=scale, and red=outside of scale.
• Auto Harmony Composites, which can be edited and follow chord or scales.
(IMO, here its mainly for composition, these done sound too natural, but everyonce in a while if you play with micro-tuning and changing anchors they could sound natural with the right amount of work. Main thing is to edit them enough.

Cons:
• no direct note selection of static areas, I like this in melodyne just to select and remove hiss and background noise.
• No Amplitude tool. you cant just select a note and turn it down. this has to be done using Automation, I believe, please correct me if I'm wrong.

These are the only things I've found lacking. I think overall Vari-Audio is much better than Melodyne using Cubase.

again really happy about this. Will be purchasing Cubase 7.5 soon. :clap:

Good tunes gmaddox..! Some solid, clear, punchy sounds there... ;-)
(BTW curious as to what is your 'drums' source..?)

Totally agree about your points with VariAudio - pros and cons..! (I too would also really love an amplitude tool like in Melodyne..).

My other observations: I'd get rid of the 'Pitch/Warp' and 'Segment' modes distinction somehow (just have one 'Analyse' button..?) and combine all functions - somehow... :)

I'd also like a 'double-click' in any empty space to start/stop playback from that point (another nice Melodyne trick). Currently keep having to aim just right in the ruler..!

Anyhow, good luck with them vocals - remember, you could also try a VSTConnect session with a singer friend, at some point...
Win10; i7 4790K; 16Gb RAM; GTX750Ti; Cubase Pro v12.0.70; WaveLab Pro v11.2.0; S1 v5.5.2; UR44 audio/MIDI

I agree about the pitch/warp being together in the same panel with segementing.
Variaudio would need a tool panel more like Melodyne for that.
That would be another Con for Variaudio. Yup!
Another con I have to mention is with Steinberg's Variaudio tutorial videos.
i think they should have tutorials with Variaudio being used on really bad vocals too.
They're always working with vocals that don't need much editing, like an ideal situation...
They need to dig deeper on the actual workflow in the tutorials to show Variaudio's capability. Especially using the anchor points to micro-pitch the ends of notes.
after editing, that's the main tool IMO that makes it sound human again.. :)

Thanks for the comment on the music!
As far as drums, I used my electronic drumset (Alesis) with EZ drummer sounds.
I have a great acoustic set too (Ludwig Classic Maple) but don't have the budget to soundproof yet. This is the best I can do for now. lol.
Don't have to worry about mics which is nice though!

Cool..! (those EZdrummer sounds are good - though, its clear you are also a good player/know how a drummer 'thinks', which makes a lot of difference... ;-)). I have Addictive Drums, which I like and they sound very acoustic - but I am in need of extending the palette... GrooveAgent 4SE has some good stuff, but still not great at using the darned thing; need to explore more with that one. (oh, and i don't play, so its all MIDI loops or feeble attempts at programming/editing... Some lucky/happy accidents along the way though...

Anyhow, sorry - rambling now...

There is the 'toolbox' there in VA (right-click) - it just needs extending, is my view...

And I am absolutely with you, that the use of anchor points and micro tuning the start/ends of notes (and BTW, judicious use of the 'straighten pitch' slider at left), is so very much the key to getting good results out of VA. SB do not nearly promote this enough as you say.

Onwards.
Win10; i7 4790K; 16Gb RAM; GTX750Ti; Cubase Pro v12.0.70; WaveLab Pro v11.2.0; S1 v5.5.2; UR44 audio/MIDI

vespesian wrote:Yup.
Can you please tell me where this function is?
I've been trying to find it for days with no luck!

Thank you

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”