Granular Symphonies aupresets?

Official support for: patchpool.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Simon

just bought this, great bank. However it's the only bank I have for Padshop Pro that doesn't also have aupreset versions, loading sounds via Padshop's dreadful builtin browser is a pain, particularly in Logic. Did you do any?

aMUSEd wrote:Hi Simon

just bought this, great bank. However it's the only bank I have for Padshop Pro that doesn't also have aupreset versions, loading sounds via Padshop's dreadful builtin browser is a pain, particularly in Logic. Did you do any?
Thank's - no, I skipped the AU version this time, the Steinbergs re-categorized a lot of the presets to match with their convoluted tagging system, so my original folders and cats were all mixed up and I would not be allowed to distribute additional content for this library anyway, as this project was an exclusive buy-out deal. So you'll have to live with the vst3-presets and make your own AUs.

OK I can do that - better than having to use their useless browser, they really need to do something about that

I have converted this bank all to aupresets now - I don't know if there is a way to make these available to anyone else who needs them. I am, as always, happy to share but only if it's appropriate.

aMUSEd wrote:I have converted this bank all to aupresets now - I don't know if there is a way to make these available to anyone else who needs them. I am, as always, happy to share but only if it's appropriate.
I don't think the Steinberg EULA allows for that though, I mean I haven't read it as I made this library :)

That's a pity but understandable. Maybe Steinberg would be interested in releasing them if I passed them on to them? Seems a shame to waste the effort or make everyone else have to do it. I prefer using the aupreset versions in Logic because the browser in the AU versions is not really fit for purpose.

aMUSEd wrote:That's a pity but understandable. Maybe Steinberg would be interested in releasing them if I passed them on to them? Seems a shame to waste the effort or make everyone else have to do it. I prefer using the aupreset versions in Logic because the browser in the AU versions is not really fit for purpose.
Tbh, Steinberg gives an absolute f++ck about AUs, Logic or anything not Cubase-related :)
I had my debates...

What's the procedure for making AU preset versions of the Vst 3 versions if it's not to difficult to explain or just point me to the document ?
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

TwoToneshuzz wrote:What's the procedure for making AU preset versions of the Vst 3 versions if it's not to difficult to explain or just point me to the document ?
You can't - you make it using the AU version. One at a time basically - load a preset using Padshop's browser, save preset using Logic's save function. Rinse and repeat.

Thanks for the help. aMUSEd!
Last edited by TwoToneshuzz on Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I guess it's somehow all wrong with no AU presets. I guess I'll put in a request at Steinberg to support AU's for their plug ins, after all there other programs besides their direct competitor Logic that use the AU format. Like Numerology Pro 4 ..

TwoToneshuzz wrote:I guess it's somehow all wrong with no AU presets. I guess I'll put in a request at Steinberg to support AU's for their plug ins, after all there other programs besides their direct competitor Logic that use the AU format. Like Numerology Pro 4 ..

They do support AU format, they just don't provide aupresets which means you have to load sounds via their shitty little browser at the bottom (unless you make your own which is why I did it, then you can load them from the host).

aMUSEd wrote:
TwoToneshuzz wrote:I guess it's somehow all wrong with no AU presets. I guess I'll put in a request at Steinberg to support AU's for their plug ins, after all there other programs besides their direct competitor Logic that use the AU format. Like Numerology Pro 4 ..

They do support AU format, they just don't provide aupresets which means you have to load sounds via their shitty little browser at the bottom (unless you make your own which is why I did it, then you can load them from the host).
That right my terminology was wrong I referred only to the AU preset issue..

I'm not a power user of Logic X yet, but I'm on my way to be..

Return to “patchpool”