Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos) Organisation

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

whyterabbyt wrote:Buying/Selling Discussion : main parent (feedback thread, user-based discussions etc)
* Buying/Selling Plugins : sub-forum (as it says)
* Buying/Selling Other Software : sub-forum (as it says)
* Buying/Selling Samples and Presets : sub-forum (as it says)
* Buying/Selling Hardware : sub-forum (as it says)
* Promotions and Sales : sub-forum (vendor/dealer/company notices and announcements)

Oh, and for gawd's sake please make it mandatory that people who are working for companies and therefore involved in promoting them must must admit that in some way when posting about products they're involved with, either in the text body, or permanently have that indicated in their sig, avatar, or whatever.
This all sounds like a good idea. :clap:
Massive, Serum. Diva, Repro-1, HIVE, Spire presets, Reason ReFills more! https://NewLoops.com

can we hurry up with this, its like war of the sound designers in the instruments forum at the minute.
or at least lock their threads and tell them to wait!

Compyfox wrote:The OP is ruled out to bump within 24 hours, but he can still answer to questions, since this is not a "bump" per se. But if he's reposting again just to "bump" within the limit - then he'd get an info "not allowed".
Again, something like that can be set up with modern boards.
The OP can only repost after someone else has posted ? So "hey buddy can you post in my thread to bump it please?" will never happen ? If people are misbehaving enough to warrant changes now then I imagine they will contiune to misbehave in other ways as well......
Compyfox wrote:And a change of the Market Place does make sense.
Especially considering the flood of "sale" threads from companies, while others simply want to get their private stuff sold.
Also, have you seen how many pinned threads we have by now?
I'm not opposed to marketplace subforums but I've not seen enough problems to make bumping that big of a deal. Pinned threads are the fault of the forum admins not the members right ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I honestly never had a problem with how it was before.

Some overeager devs or sellers every now and then, but overall I found it easy to deal with:
- If I look for something specific, I can use the search.
- If I just look around to see what's up, I prefer not having to go to several subforums since currently I might stumble upon something interesting I didn't look for.
- I don't see the need for the 48 hour limit. 24 hours seems long enough for me to dampen the overeagers without making it too slow to get noticed or find things.
- Since I personally found most of my sales items in the Posts-Ticker on the right by more or less accident, I wouldn't remove the sales stuff from there.

Conclusion: just leave it as it is ;-)

Invest the free time in a dark Forum theme instead so my eyes can heal.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
Sculptures ScreenDream Mastodon

Quoting Ben from the other thread:
Ben (KVR) wrote: I'm leaning towards a Market Place category (below the Main Forums and above the Off Topic forums), rather than subforums now.

Buy & Sell (All Private Sales ONLY)
Product Announcements, Sales & Promotions (All Commercial Soundware, Plugins & Apps, incl. Group Buys)
Competitions, Contests & Giveaways
Services For Sale
Member Music Releases (For Sale)

The main forums (instruments, effects, etc.) were originally intended to be for users to discuss plug-ins, not as places for sales pitches, so this would move sales topics to their own forum.

Teksonik wrote:The OP can only repost after someone else has posted ? So "hey buddy can you post in my thread to bump it please?" will never happen ? If people are misbehaving enough to warrant changes now then I imagine they will contiune to misbehave in other ways as well......
*sigh* Always questioning everything.
Look - of course this system can be "evaded" - but look at the market place section. Most of the time, the comments "here it's being avialable cheaper" is pretty rare, same with the "you're not allowed to sell it".

It can work, and it actually does work on GS. Why shouldn't it on KVR?
Teksonik wrote:I'm not opposed to marketplace subforums but I've not seen enough problems to make bumping that big of a deal. Pinned threads are the fault of the forum admins not the members right ?
Pinned threads make sense. Only the ammount is a bit much. Then again, ton if important info in there that would otherwise vanish in the auto truncation system.

THis is why I wrote to have a "root" folder with all rules and pinned stuff, and the rest should be in subfolders.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

For now I've decided to go for the simple option. I've added the oft-requested Soundware forum, which is intended to be used for all discussion about and announcements for soundware.

The Instruments and MP forums should hopefully then revert back to what it they were originally intended for - discussion about instrument apps and plug-ins / private sales and periodic special offers (not product announcements and intro offers)

i like the idea of good clear filtering system so you can have as little or as much on your feed as possible, more power to filtering and everyone gets to setup how they like things

Astralp wrote:I'd rather they were like Filters to zero in on your interest.
I like the filer/mother forum idea also. Sub-folders are OK, but I'd rather have a tagging system.

I think it would make sense to have three categories: FS, FT and WTB. Currently it is all mixed in one, which is a bit messy...

And maybe it would also make sense to separate private from commercial offers.
Last edited by fluffy_little_something on Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ThomasHelzle wrote:I honestly never had a problem with how it was before.

Some overeager devs or sellers every now and then, but overall I found it easy to deal with:
- If I look for something specific, I can use the search.
- If I just look around to see what's up, I prefer not having to go to several subforums since currently I might stumble upon something interesting I didn't look for.
- I don't see the need for the 48 hour limit. 24 hours seems long enough for me to dampen the overeagers without making it too slow to get noticed or find things.
- Since I personally found most of my sales items in the Posts-Ticker on the right by more or less accident, I wouldn't remove the sales stuff from there.

Conclusion: just leave it as it is ;-)

Invest the free time in a dark Forum theme instead so my eyes can heal.

Cheers,

Tom
I totally agree with this post. Even the 48h rule is not a good thing, imo.

fluffy_little_something wrote:I think it would make sense to have three categories: FS, FT and WTB. Currently it is all mixed in one, which is a bit messy...
And what if i want to sell OR trade the same thing ? Two posts ?

budweiser wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:I think it would make sense to have three categories: FS, FT and WTB. Currently it is all mixed in one, which is a bit messy...
And what if i want to sell OR trade the same thing ? Two posts ?
How about only two categories: WTH (Want to have) and HTO (Have to offer) or WTGRO (Want to get rid of) :hihi:

Would be great if we could separately view new offers ('Dailies') and/or offers with lowered prices, indeed separated from mere "bumps". This would allow those who regularly check this thread, to quickly view new content.

Haven't been on here for a couple of months but my selling thread seems to have been removed. Is there any way it can be traced as not only can I not recall every license I was selling, but it also contained a list of everything I sold over the previous 6 months....

Return to “Site Stuff”