Best Video Tutorials Company/Video Maker ?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi All,

Obviously not all video tutorials are created equally but in a general sense, I'd like to have a guideline that will tell me on which production company I can count on.

So far, Groove3 where quite good though AskVideo were probably better. IMHO, This was my impression from the few products of each company I tried.

Any suggestions are welcome (for both production companies and individual video tutorial creators.
CPU: i5 3470
RAM: 2X4GB DDR 3 1600
Hard Drives: WD 1TB Black, 500GB Green, 160GB
Sonar X2, Native Instruments Komplete, VSTs...
Audio Interface: PreSonus FireBox
Mics: Shure SM57 & KSM27
Casio CD-120 Digital Piano

Me... ;)

Dave

Less content and more focused, but I have to shoutout DanceMusicProduction.com's videos. Much more in-depth than Groove3 or AskVideo/MacProVideo. I see the latter as more like a video manual and Groove3 has some better videos on vsts.

I've gotten stuff from all three of those and a few random others, but those are definitely the best from what I've seen.

There's also Lynda if you are looking to learn the in's and out's of your DAW. That's the best site for DAW vids.

Any specific content you were looking for, OP?
:D

Groove3 is OK from time to time, a good handful of useful tutorials.

but the winner atm in my experience is MacProVideo/AskVideo for the number of videos that usually tend to be high quality. Some of them are really great, so if someone didn't got a subscription before, probably won't regret getting one of a month or two...

I have a Lynda account courtesy of my job, and there area ton of high quality videos on there. I've only watched a few music-related ones, but they were also pretty good.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

It depends on what brands you use; MacProVideo was a must-have for me, ramping up on Ableton, Steinberg, and Native Instruments products. Some tuts are better than others, but they have a number of excellent instructors (Matt Hepworth, who does the Steinberg courses, is the best). I guess MacProVideo and Ask share the same video base these days even though they operate separate domains still.

If you're more interested in general production tips and how to approach specific dance genres, Sonic Academy's got some good stuff too. But it's more about achieving certain sounds/styles than exploring specific products from top to bottom. But a lot of their courses literally walk you through the production of an entire song, which could probably be valuable to people who are just starting out.

Groove3 has a handful of things you can't find on MacProVideo, so again it's a matter of what you're specifically looking for.

Hi, many tutorials in French only here :

http://www.tuto-mao-guitare.com

My favourites are Lynda and PureMix (lol, Fab is such a funny mf).

But I also learned a lot from this guy YEAH Dubz on YouTube.

Like many here, I have, from time to time, taken advantage of the free sponsored Groove 3 subscriptions. But even the all-you-can-eat monthly fee won't break the bank.

I have found their videos to be very consistent. All well organized and in easy to understand language.

My only gripe is that I never have enough time to watch as many as I would like.

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Oh, and if you're into guitar, the Dangerous Guitar site is another excellent, and low cost option.

Lessons for all styles and levels, taught by some very talented artists. I've learned a few tricks from there.

Same problem though: Never enough time to watch all the stuff I need to. ;-)

Cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

for free guitar lessons try: http://www.justinguitar.com :tu:

^^^^^^^^^^^

If it's worth much I can vouch for Sonic Academy, for Live walk troughs I've learned a lot from these guys. They jump right in which I find a lot of tutorials spend more time on basic functions which is alright but a redundant and wasteful use of premium time(when you pay for it). I think the faster you learn the more time you have to produce and in my opinion these guys cover the critical areas quickly with their vids.

They are not a patronizing elite bunch, just producers happy to share their experiences which I believe most musicians can relate too.

Yeah we have a bunch of beginner stuff too for most daws but the most recent stuff is more advanced level... We don't spend 20 mins showing you how to drag some samples in to a drum machine.

We are really trying to understand the core production and songwriting elements of the best current tracks. And the distil it down in to useable techniques.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”