Any news on Dune 2? (Out Now!!!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE

Basically it sounds like they were going for "analog" sounding, but the effect sounds nothing like analog considering analog sound doesn't muffled or excited in a weird way.
You are currently reading my signature.

I know what you mean with "cloudy". To me, it always seemed like with many patches in Dune 1, that it seems to be a bit "far away", as if you had some reverb on it the whole time. For some patches, that isn't a problem, but it can be a bit weird on others. To be honest, i can't hear the same on the Antidote RE sound demos though, which should be a lot like Dune 2 sonically, as far as i read in this thread and elsewhere (maybe i'm wrong). So you might want to give the Antidote sound demos a listen. Sounds very good imo. Even the simple "2 detuned saw wave" patches sound a lot "fatter" than on Dune 1.

I like the first audio demo in the Antidote player :)

Dune sounds European 8)

One thing I like a lot in Dune was that it can easily go through many a wide variety of tonal changes, with only needing to change a few settings.
Usually just the filter type or wave type changes you can quickly go through many different sound ideas.
Hope Dune2 has that aspect retained.

fluffy_little_something wrote:I like the first audio demo in the Antidote player :)
I like them all. Very good stuff. :)

fluffy_little_something wrote:Soundcloudy :D
But I assume djanthonyw has tried Dune 1 and found it cloudy in his DAW as well. But I am not sure what cloudy sounds like, either.

It does sound a bit too modern for my taste, too bombastic. But I will have to see myself if it can be subtle as well. I assume it is rather versatile, already with v1 there were annoying patches, but also good ones. I like the 5th audio demo (the one by floydfisher) on the website, for instance.
I only saw one demo of dune 2, are there more?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

mysticvibes wrote:I only saw one demo of dune 2, are there more?
no, he talked about the dune v1 demos.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

mysticvibes wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:Soundcloudy :D
But I assume djanthonyw has tried Dune 1 and found it cloudy in his DAW as well. But I am not sure what cloudy sounds like, either.

It does sound a bit too modern for my taste, too bombastic. But I will have to see myself if it can be subtle as well. I assume it is rather versatile, already with v1 there were annoying patches, but also good ones. I like the 5th audio demo (the one by floydfisher) on the website, for instance.
I only saw one demo of dune 2, are there more?

here's an old one...

http://soundcloud.com/kriminal-dave2/dune2-ambient

i wouldnt say it is typical of the synth in any way, but its all ive done on it.

im sure you will gets hours and hours of trance/dance demo's at some point :wink:

Kriminal wrote:here's an old one...

http://soundcloud.com/kriminal-dave2/dune2-ambient

i wouldnt say it is typical of the synth in any way, but its all ive done on it.

im sure you will gets hours and hours of trance/dance demo's at some point :wink:
Sounds like the NSA has even bugged hell :hihi:

IMHO, Dune2 can sound like a roland mks70, a roland jp8000, a korg wavestation, a roland D50, and a yamaha fs1r, this is the holy grail for the mad synthesist !
of course, it does not copy 1:1 the mentioned synths for obvious copyright reason but it can produce the same sound in the hand of expert sound designers

carrieres wrote:IMHO, Dune2 can sound like a ...and a yamaha fs1r,
Including the formant shaping?
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

cryophonik wrote:
carrieres wrote:IMHO, Dune2 can sound like a ...and a yamaha fs1r,
Including the formant shaping?
not including :(

Release Date May 2nd for Dune 2. Can anyone confirm? Also something about a magazine release?
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

From Synapse Site

Postby BoriZ » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:01 am

Dune 2 will be released before 2nd May
1st May I guess

Some Features:
-Up to 520 Oszillators per Note (!)
- virtuell-analog, wavetable and FM synthesis
- Zero-Delay Feedback Filter
- Four graphical envelopes for modulation
- The modulation matrix now has 32 Slots and you can head for Effectparameters
- 2 effect buses with 9 effects each

TTU Youtube

what do you think will be the upgrade price from Dune 1? More than 49 Dollar ?
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Return to “Instruments”