OhmStudio
0%
Caustic
0%

Total votes: 1069

RELATED
PRODUCTS

spaceman wrote:Are we there yet?
Sheesh, it's only page 24, of course we're not there yet. Needs more Mac vs PC, Bitwig vs Rest Of The World and VI vs Emacs.

farlukar wrote:
Sheesh, it's only page 24, of course we're not there yet. Needs more Mac vs PC, Bitwig vs Rest Of The World and VI vs Emacs.
And accusations of various people being employees, or shills.... :party:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

oh this thread is still alive!

During this time I have changed from Live to Reason, so results should be:

Live (x-1)
Reason (x+1)

EnGee wrote:oh this thread is still alive!

Live (x-1)
Reason (x+1)

ooh ooh ooh oh I know...x=0
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote:
EnGee wrote:oh this thread is still alive!

Live (x-1)
Reason (x+1)

ooh ooh ooh oh I know...x=0
:lol:
Sorry it should be:

Live = x-1;
Reason = y+1;

And it's not a question :lol:

trimph1 wrote:
farlukar wrote:
It's so obvious that you are a DubTurbo employee that no one has felt the urge to mention it. :hihi:
"A pig that doesn't fly is just a pig."

standalone wrote:
trimph1 wrote:
farlukar wrote:
It's so obvious that you are a DubTurbo employee that no one has felt the urge to mention it. :hihi:
:x :x :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

No Love for LMMS?
Or LMMS users? :(
Awwww!
Don't worry, I already read the explanation. :)

We should do a least favourite DAW poll and see whether the numbers match up.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

I voted for Cubase (I've been a Cubase user for many years), but I don't have access to my Cubase license at the moment (and probably won't get it back) and had to check for a free alternative I can use in the meantime.

I checked out a bunch of stuff and stumbled across Podium free! It's really, really nice! I may even completely switch to Podium!

So, I guess that's + 1 for Podium and - 1 for Cubase :hihi:

Cheers
Dennis

Convoluted since I use both Cubase and Maschine as much as each other in unison :)

With 641 votes, it's possible to draw some conclusions:

1. Reason is highly overrated, or so it seems for the voting.
2. There are not so many Mac users, at least around KVR (based on Logic choices, as I assume that, given the price-feature ratio, Leogic would be the number one in Mac.
3. Assuming there is a clear majority of Windows users, Sonar performance is lower than expected.
4. Considering that FL Studio and Ableton Live, summed, gives 132, and presuming these are mainly EDM users, a fifth of the voters, at least, are involved in EDM.
5. The top three are more or less as I expected, except that I was expecting the first place would be disputed among Reaper and Cubase, with Studio One a firm third place. Surprisingly, they are fighting for the second, with Studio One a clear first.
6. After so many votes, I am very sorry that Digital Performer wasn't among the choices. I am very curious about how it would perform.

Anything else?
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:With 641 votes, it's possible to draw some conclusions:

1. Reason is highly overrated, or so it seems for the voting.
One disadvantage for reason on this forum is people here are gear ho's, and thus are attracted to vst's (yes, VST'S) VST is the most popular plug in format regardless of any problems it has. A lot of people have reason, it's just not necessarily their number one.
fmr wrote:2. There are not so many Mac users, at least around KVR (based on Logic choices, as I assume that, given the price-feature ratio, Logic would be the number one in Mac.
I dunno. I think there are a lot of mac users. Reaper, Studio One, Live (and digital performer) have MANY MANY mac users. Certainly not quite what PC users are in numbers, but I think pretty high.
fmr wrote:3. Assuming there is a clear majority of Windows users, Sonar performance is lower than expected.
Many people have jumped off the sonar bandwagon including me. It is my observation that though there are plenty of happy sonar users, there are quite a few that have abandoned it for the foreseeable future (I don't think I'm the only one)
fmr wrote:4. Considering that FL Studio and Ableton Live, summed, gives 132, and presuming these are mainly EDM users, a fifth of the voters, at least, are involved in EDM.
Prolly true. I do quite a bit of "EM" (some of it's kinda dancy) and live is my number one host but I think live users are pretty eclectic. I certainly have a wide variety of crap I "produce" in live :hihi:
fmr wrote:5. The top three are more or less as I expected, except that I was expecting the first place would be disputed among Reaper and Cubase, with Studio One a firm third place. Surprisingly, they are fighting for the second, with Studio One a clear first.
I think studio one being a top is a mild surprise. But it's SO STABLE. I still hear people complain about cubase even though feature wise it has quite a bit to offer.
fmr wrote:6. After so many votes, I am very sorry that Digital Performer wasn't among the choices. I am very curious about how it would perform.

Digitally :D But seriously, you are correct, it should have been included. Poll fail :lol:
fmr wrote:Anything else?
Nope, but I enjoyed your post and responding to it.

CTStump wrote:
hibidy wrote:
CTStump wrote:said some things
You're arguing with a guy who has two posts and joined today :hihi:
A baptism by fire. :wink:

Don't mean to be rude with the noob's, just oldfartdum I guess.
Actually, I was being quite rude towards him. Why someone would join up to partake in THIS particular thread is.....strange to me. I don't think your comments were out of place at all.

I only use Reason, Reaper, Logic, Renoise, Studio One and Tracktion. And I have a license for FL Studio and Energy XT. How am I ever going to make music without Cubase and Live?!??!

Luckily, this poll has made me see the light.
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”