Sonar be on it and shit.

Who cares?
Samplitude is at 14! :)

woohoo!
Don't ask me, I just play here.

siriusbliss wrote:Who cares?

woohoo!
Which means their last movement, pissing off older Pro users, calling the new regular Pro, and creating an artificial "Suite" (and later adding on to the Pro that comes from the older Pro what they had withdrawn from the new Pro - which implies there is a Pro and a lesser Pro), didn't make it how they expected. Maybe they should "rethink" those outrageous upgrade prices, if and when they launch a new version. I am curious.
Fernando (FMR)

Here comes the REAPER...

fmr wrote:4. Considering that FL Studio and Ableton Live, summed, gives 132, and presuming these are mainly EDM users, a fifth of the voters, at least, are involved in EDM.
That is not really a safe assumption.

I used FL Studio as my only host for ~10 years (until switching to Maschine) and I made ambient, glitchy, noisy experimental stuff, with a bit more toward industrial/powernoise.

fmr wrote:
siriusbliss wrote:Who cares?

woohoo!
Which means their last movement, pissing off older Pro users, calling the new regular Pro, and creating an artificial "Suite" (and later adding on to the Pro that comes from the older Pro what they had withdrawn from the new Pro - which implies there is a Pro and a lesser Pro), didn't make it how they expected. Maybe they should "rethink" those outrageous upgrade prices, if and when they launch a new version. I am curious.
Absolutely spot on analysis about what is wrong with Samplitude: it's Magix and their bizarre upgrade pricing approach.
It's the very thing that drove me from Samp (the only other serious contender in my opinion) and into the arms of Presonus Studio One.

hibidy wrote: You're arguing with a guy who has two posts and joined today :hihi: ...
Actually, I was being quite rude towards him. Why someone would join up to partake in THIS particular thread is.....strange to me. I don't think your comments were out of place at all.
Jeez, lighten up will you please. His opinion is just as valid as yours, regardless of when he joined or how many posts made.
You are just speculating that he joined just to comment on this thread. You don't know that for a fact
It is just possible that he joined and this was the first thread he saw that moved him to post.
This kind of DAW discussion thread seems to bring out the worst in people :roll:

just for the record Magix made good with it's users, yes it upset a lot of people but Magix did indeed listen and users didn't lose a thing. On top of that some time later they ran a special where users could upgrade the cleaning and restoration suite to the full versions for free. What they will do with the next upgrade is anyone's guess but they did make good on a bad move ;)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

edit, n/m, I didn't do anything wrong, and I don't feel like getting into a fight with someone.

Hey.... what happened to that other guy/Gal?, the one with the 2 post's and polling Data from the other sites.

I hope he/she didn't fall off the forum. :shrug:

I told you, he was a sockpuppet and got taken off. Saw that one coming a mile a way. He was already banned on at least one account. Maybe it was myrna :hihi: (now that was funny! I think like 30 accounts? Totally trolling peoples names, saving the accounts up)

Damn! I had three crashes in a raw in Sonar. I could reproduce it every time. I went to the market place just to have a look around and forget what happened then I bought S1 again (professional this time!). I just couldn't resist the price.
After all, I thought "what was annoying me in S1? Midi effects, I can do without them. Windows management? All DAWs are not perfect (except maybe Logic 9). Now I'm waiting for Presonus transfer (This is the fourth day) :zzz:

The nice thing is after I bought S1, I returned to Sonar to say goodbye by reproducing the crash again, and this time it didn't crash! I tried everything to make it crash, but I couldn't :mad:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”