What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Star Trek Enterprise revisited

If it's not about music it belongs here! Please keep it civil and decent.... except - see below->

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRAF

1898 posts since 7 Jan, 2005, from Corporate States of America

Postby Jace-BeOS; Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:34 pm Re: Star Trek Enterprise revisited

Lots of great scifi tv came out of Canada :-) So much tv is made there whether Canadian or not, but especially genre shows. I've started feeling like some of the Canadian actors are old friends, after seeing them in so many shows :hihi:
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud
KVRAF

40140 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:06 pm Re: Star Trek Enterprise revisited

Yep, Canada is where most scifi is made for a long time.
KVRAF

3698 posts since 19 Jan, 2008

Postby tapper mike; Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:39 pm Re: Star Trek Enterprise revisited

Living close enough to the border to get a signal Canadian television and radio were very much a part of life for me back in the 70's. I can remember so much anti-american sentiment on canadian television and radio it was crazy. I had a hard time believing Byron MacGregor was actually Canadian after the speech he made because it was in complete contradiction to every canadian tv program be it news, drama, comedy or something else. Even recently if you watch certain Canadian TV made for Canada and not the states you'll see some serious anti-american sentiment at work. As an example The Border - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0896527/

But I digress. When american broadcast television started going 24 hours to compete with cable. They didn't have enough shows to fill the odd hours. It was then I started seeing CBC shows rebroadcast on local CBS and independent affiliate stations. CBS apparently didn't know that Windsor and Detroit were the same market. This lead the way for more Canadian shows in the states.

It's a heck of a lot cheaper to shoot a show in. British Colombia, Manitoba or Ontario then it is in California or New York. Some of it is wage based and some of it has to do with the real estate market and business climate.

Canadian Drama has certain elements of compassion and community that are lost in American Television. They are in general... Nicer as are Canadians themselves.
KVRAF

Postby hibidy; Tue Apr 29, 2014 6:46 pm Re: Star Trek Enterprise revisited

Just got through watching "the real story/star trek"

Watch it if you have the chance.
KVRAF

9296 posts since 20 Oct, 2007

Postby jancivil; Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:06 pm Re: Star Trek Enterprise revisited

I wanted to like it, and some of it later on I did, but certain of the characters rang false to me, or I just really didn't like them. It didn't have that heightened sort of cartoon thing of the original, so in terms of a more mundane ST it left a lot to be desired for me, I heard a lot of lines that just fell flat (or a more emotional scene that felt forced) and some of it was the actor's fault I felt. Kind of small-screen actors as they used to say, lacking presence.

I liked Bakula in Quantum Leap, helped as he was by Dean Stockwell, but he didn't elevate this by his presence and was just kind of there. I thought the doctor here was Neelix-like enough, tbh.
The song at the beginning was a terrible thing to set the scene for it, I'm already very annoyed.
KVRAF

Postby hibidy; Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:39 pm Re: Star Trek Enterprise revisited

Everyone hates that theme song :lol:
KVRAF

13566 posts since 23 Jun, 2010, from north of London ON

Postby trimph1; Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:55 pm Re: Star Trek Enterprise revisited

hibidy wrote:Everyone hates that theme song :lol:

Thanks for reminding me about that excuse for a song!! :x :lol:
Barry
The man who survived mustard gas and pepper spray is now a seasoned veteran
http://www.ambientonline.org/
KVRAF

Postby hibidy; Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:10 pm Re: Star Trek Enterprise revisited

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvDem5oyHXc

come on guys, let's sing along!
KVRAF

Postby Jace-BeOS; Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:37 am Re: Star Trek Enterprise revisited

I would blame directors WAY before blaming actors.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud
KVRAF

7909 posts since 20 Nov, 2003, from Lost and Spaced

Postby osiris; Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:38 am Re: Star Trek Enterprise revisited

hibs if you want all the ST's you have to get Netflix, Or Amazon Instant which has TNG in remasterd HD.
It's very jarring to see the bolts they used to fasten stuff on the bridge. And the cheap carpet. Bolts in the 24th century - who knew?
KVRAF

Postby Jace-BeOS; Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:35 am Re: Star Trek Enterprise revisited

The way everything is getting cheap-ass in manufacturing, do you really think the future WON'T look like boxy, ugly, particle board, ugly bolts, and cheap carpet?

:hihi:
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud
KVRAF

Postby hibidy; Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:31 pm Re: Star Trek Enterprise revisited

I once trolled the idea of getting net flix years ago and caught a virus :shrug: (only one I've ever had) so I'm nervous about trying again :hihi:
KVRAF

7909 posts since 20 Nov, 2003, from Lost and Spaced

Postby osiris; Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:36 pm Re: Star Trek Enterprise revisited

I get it over my bluray player. I refuse to watch anything on a computer when I have a 50 inch 3D TV.
KVRAF

10997 posts since 18 Oct, 2003, from Berlin, Germany

Postby Compyfox; Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:47 pm Re: Star Trek Enterprise revisited

Sometimes I wish I would get Netflix. So many great shows and movies on there.

Everything else is just low-quality and German only dub crap streamed through the net.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Off Topic