What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Your host/DAW of choice (Poll)

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

What is your host (DAW) of choice?

Reaper
23%
Mu-Lab
2%
FL Studio
8%
Sony Acid
0%
Cubase
16%
Ableton Live
12%
Reason
1%
Studio One
15%
Buzz
1%
Samplitude
2%
Zynewave Podium
1%
Renoise
2%
Orion
1%
Cakewalk Sonar
5%
Nanostudio
0%
Mixcraft
1%
Mixman
0%
NI Maschine
1%
Logic
6%
Pro Tools
1%
OhmStudio
0%
Caustic
0%

Total votes : 938
KVRAF

40196 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:44 pm Re: Your host/DAW of choice (Poll)

Collect them all, I did :hihi:
KVRAF

1722 posts since 5 Nov, 2009

Postby arkmabat; Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:55 pm Re: Your host/DAW of choice (Poll)

where's sonar
KVRAF

1948 posts since 27 Mar, 2010, from UK

Postby MFXxx; Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:35 pm Re: Your host/DAW of choice (Poll)

arkmabat wrote:where's sonar

...Metro, Tracktion...
Rintrah roars & shakes his fires in the burdend air..
i7 2.66 12GB/SSD/Win8.1Prox64/RME FF800
AK/TI/x0xb0x/Maschine/Fireworx/JD800/JV1080/AdamsA7X
NI Komp'8U/Slate/Kush/Soundtoys and a shit load more
KVRAF

2728 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:46 pm Re: Your host/DAW of choice (Poll)

arkmabat wrote:where's sonar

There. *points at display*
KVRAF

Postby hibidy; Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:17 pm Re: Your host/DAW of choice (Poll)

Sonar be on it and shit.
KVRAF

2359 posts since 5 Dec, 2005, from Bay Area, USA

Postby siriusbliss; Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:23 pm Re: Your host/DAW of choice (Poll)

Who cares?
Samplitude is at 14! :)

woohoo!
Don't ask me, I just play here.
fmr
KVRAF

2685 posts since 16 Mar, 2003, from Porto - Portugal

Postby fmr; Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:25 am Re: Your host/DAW of choice (Poll)

siriusbliss wrote:Who cares?

woohoo!

Which means their last movement, pissing off older Pro users, calling the new regular Pro, and creating an artificial "Suite" (and later adding on to the Pro that comes from the older Pro what they had withdrawn from the new Pro - which implies there is a Pro and a lesser Pro), didn't make it how they expected. Maybe they should "rethink" those outrageous upgrade prices, if and when they launch a new version. I am curious.
Fernando (FMR)
KVRist

390 posts since 9 Jan, 2012, from Dona Ana, New Mexiico in the US of A

Postby CTStump; Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:53 am Re: Your host/DAW of choice (Poll)

Here comes the REAPER...
KVRAF

2568 posts since 9 Jan, 2003, from Saint Louis MO

Postby foosnark; Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:27 am Re: Your host/DAW of choice (Poll)

fmr wrote:4. Considering that FL Studio and Ableton Live, summed, gives 132, and presuming these are mainly EDM users, a fifth of the voters, at least, are involved in EDM.

That is not really a safe assumption.

I used FL Studio as my only host for ~10 years (until switching to Maschine) and I made ambient, glitchy, noisy experimental stuff, with a bit more toward industrial/powernoise.
KVRist

63 posts since 8 May, 2010, from Lost in the ozone again

Postby RockinLily; Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:24 pm Re: Your host/DAW of choice (Poll)

fmr wrote:
siriusbliss wrote:Who cares?

woohoo!

Which means their last movement, pissing off older Pro users, calling the new regular Pro, and creating an artificial "Suite" (and later adding on to the Pro that comes from the older Pro what they had withdrawn from the new Pro - which implies there is a Pro and a lesser Pro), didn't make it how they expected. Maybe they should "rethink" those outrageous upgrade prices, if and when they launch a new version. I am curious.

Absolutely spot on analysis about what is wrong with Samplitude: it's Magix and their bizarre upgrade pricing approach.
It's the very thing that drove me from Samp (the only other serious contender in my opinion) and into the arms of Presonus Studio One.

hibidy wrote:You're arguing with a guy who has two posts and joined today :hihi: ...
Actually, I was being quite rude towards him. Why someone would join up to partake in THIS particular thread is.....strange to me. I don't think your comments were out of place at all.

Jeez, lighten up will you please. His opinion is just as valid as yours, regardless of when he joined or how many posts made.
You are just speculating that he joined just to comment on this thread. You don't know that for a fact
It is just possible that he joined and this was the first thread he saw that moved him to post.
This kind of DAW discussion thread seems to bring out the worst in people :roll:
Yes, one could put a clever quote from someone famous here.
If one does though, make sure that one hasn't misquoted or even misspelled the name of the person one has quoted, otherwise one will come over as a bit of a wally every time one posts.
Rad Grandad

24533 posts since 5 Sep, 2003, from New England U.S.A.

Postby Hink; Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:49 pm Re: Your host/DAW of choice (Poll)

just for the record Magix made good with it's users, yes it upset a lot of people but Magix did indeed listen and users didn't lose a thing. On top of that some time later they ran a special where users could upgrade the cleaning and restoration suite to the full versions for free. What they will do with the next upgrade is anyone's guess but they did make good on a bad move ;)
Thank cod I love fish
KVRAF

Postby hibidy; Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:55 pm Re: Your host/DAW of choice (Poll)

edit, n/m, I didn't do anything wrong, and I don't feel like getting into a fight with someone.
KVRist

390 posts since 9 Jan, 2012, from Dona Ana, New Mexiico in the US of A

Postby CTStump; Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:08 pm Re: Your host/DAW of choice (Poll)

Hey.... what happened to that other guy/Gal?, the one with the 2 post's and polling Data from the other sites.

I hope he/she didn't fall off the forum. :shrug:
KVRAF

Postby hibidy; Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:47 pm Re: Your host/DAW of choice (Poll)

I told you, he was a sockpuppet and got taken off. Saw that one coming a mile a way. He was already banned on at least one account. Maybe it was myrna :hihi: (now that was funny! I think like 30 accounts? Totally trolling peoples names, saving the accounts up)
KVRian

827 posts since 7 Oct, 2005, from Auckland

Postby EnGee; Thu May 01, 2014 3:42 am Re: Your host/DAW of choice (Poll)

Damn! I had three crashes in a raw in Sonar. I could reproduce it every time. I went to the market place just to have a look around and forget what happened then I bought S1 again (professional this time!). I just couldn't resist the price.
After all, I thought "what was annoying me in S1? Midi effects, I can do without them. Windows management? All DAWs are not perfect (except maybe Logic 9). Now I'm waiting for Presonus transfer (This is the fourth day) :zzz:

The nice thing is after I bought S1, I returned to Sonar to say goodbye by reproducing the crash again, and this time it didn't crash! I tried everything to make it crash, but I couldn't :mad:
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)