Acon Digital vs freeware denoiser

Official support for: acondigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey!

I am eventually going to demo your VST pack soon, but I was curious. I have tried reafir and FL Studio's scrubber, and they each leave little pops and clicks of noise that are quite noticeable. Sounds better, somewhat.

So obviously RX is the king, but by how far? For those who can compare, how would you?

And mr Acon Digital, please feel free to suade me :D

Thanks!

Hi!

Thanks for the interest! :tu:
I think it depends on what you want. If you don't need the stand-alone editor in RX, Restoration Suite should be an excellent choice. Here are some facts that might persuade you:
  • Acon Digital DeNoise compares favorably to the denoiser in RX (see comments like the one at the bottom of this article: http://www.sonicscoop.com/2013/05/30/th ... he-market/)
  • Feedback we've received from professionals in the video and film industry is that the declicker modules are similar in terms of quality
  • Acon Digital DeHum is more transparent than the dehum module in RX due to the sinusoidal resynthesis method used in Acon Digital DeHum.
The nice thing about RX is the included editor where you can choose time and frequency regions for processing, so if you need that feature, I'll have to admit that RX would be the better choice. Otherwise, you should definitely give Restoration Suite a try.

Best,
Stian

Return to “Acon Digital”