What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

What Canadian TV Shows have you seen?

If it's not about music it belongs here! Please keep it civil and decent.... except - see below->

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRAF

40151 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:57 pm Re: What Canadian TV Shows have you seen?

Well it's not like I don't like seeing Vancouver all the time :hihi:
KVRAF

3698 posts since 19 Jan, 2008

Postby tapper mike; Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:58 pm Re: What Canadian TV Shows have you seen?

I read what you are saying too.

I knew a lot of LA studio musicians who were pulling down serious cash doing TV show theme music. Noth technology and job exportation changed that. Don't get me wrong, I've crossed the border several times and the people in a one on one are great.

Re Vancouver Human Target was near impossible to watch for me for that element alone. It was supposed to be in San Francisco but every urban scene had Vancouver all over it. Had they just made the show central to vancouver it would have been much more plausible.
KVRAF

Postby hibidy; Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:17 am Re: What Canadian TV Shows have you seen?

Orphan black is like that. Couldn't be more obvious it's made in canyada (but they say new york) might be toronto instead of vancouver though (bitten says it's based in toronto, other than skyline shot, I'd never be able to tell. )
KVRAF

Postby tapper mike; Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:55 am Re: What Canadian TV Shows have you seen?

In other news.....

I started watching continuum again. The first season really didn't sit well with me but.... I'm happily confused watching Episode 1 of the third season.
KVRAF

1898 posts since 7 Jan, 2005, from Corporate States of America

Postby Jace-BeOS; Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:24 am Re: What Canadian TV Shows have you seen?

If it's scifi and made in Canada, I've watched, or am watching it :-)
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud
KVRAF

7917 posts since 20 Nov, 2003, from Lost and Spaced

Postby osiris; Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:41 am Re: What Canadian TV Shows have you seen?

Earth on The 100 looks suspiciously like Caprica on BSG...
Also, a lot like the woods on a lot of X Files....
Hmmm....
(the truth is out there)
KVRAF

Postby tapper mike; Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:22 pm Re: What Canadian TV Shows have you seen?

The CW kills me. Shows like Nikita and The Tomorrow People aren't half bad but The 100 is terrible.
KVRAF

Postby osiris; Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:19 pm Re: What Canadian TV Shows have you seen?

God I hate Tomorrow People. It should be called Heroes without a special effects budget

At least Reign is filmed in actual castles.
(I love Reign)
KVRAF

Postby hibidy; Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:27 pm Re: What Canadian TV Shows have you seen?

edit, n/m, I have no idea what I'm talking about (SURPRISE!!!!!)
KVRAF

Postby osiris; Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:34 pm Re: What Canadian TV Shows have you seen?

why do we never get cool stuff like this:

From ShortList.com

Called JPOD.
this amusingly subversive 2008 adaptation of Douglas Coupland’s novel. Co-written by Coupland himself, it’s about five developers, whose surnames all begin with ‘J’, working in the basement at the Neotronic Arts in Vancouver, trying to create the most gory video game in history. They are frequently distracted by plots involving Chinese gangsters, swingers, marijuana-farming parents, cough syrup addiction and a lesbian commune. There were fan protests when it was cancelled after one series,
KVRian

706 posts since 30 Mar, 2012

Postby audientronic; Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:51 pm Re: What Canadian TV Shows have you seen?

I was a huge fan of Alienated. I think it was created by one of the Kids in the Hall.
KVRAF

11005 posts since 18 Oct, 2003, from Berlin, Germany

Postby Compyfox; Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:55 pm Re: What Canadian TV Shows have you seen?

Still hate the fact that they dropped "King" after Season 2 (after sh*t got interesting), and I also enjoyed "Primeval: New World" - unfortunately that somewhat reboot only got one season.

Also enjoyed "Viper" - well, half of the show at least (with the "original driver").

Else... if it ran on SciFi Germany (now SyFy), was of Canadian origin and released between 2003 and 2009, I've probably seen it. I'm kind of out of the loop in terms of TV shows. But yes, "The 100" is high on my list (as are other announced-for-2014 SciFi shows, incl. Falling Skies, now that Season 4 is on front doors).
KVRAF

5788 posts since 18 Apr, 2004

Postby farlukar; Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:02 pm Re: What Canadian TV Shows have you seen?

[superfluous] Kids In The Hall [/superfluous]
KVRAF

Postby hibidy; Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:53 pm Re: What Canadian TV Shows have you seen?

Primeval "new world" got more and more interesting as the show went on. It must have cost two much to make because generally you'd think it would get a second season.

@primeval the whole series: WHAT A MESS! A great show that they weren't able to continue because some company couldn't afford it. Then it's been rebooted a few times, and I kinda liked them, but they didn't last.
KVRAF

Postby tapper mike; Thu May 01, 2014 9:37 am Re: What Canadian TV Shows have you seen?

That's what got ST:TOS cancelled. Some network exec changed the shows time/day slot to Friday night prime time. If you were of the age group that would watch it you certainly weren't staying home to watch a tv show on a friday night. It killed the ratings which called for huge budget cuts. Many of the writers including Roddenberry divorced themselves quick and it became more of a "freak of the week" costumes and less about big name actors (couldn't afford them) or special effects.

Not the only sci-fi shows that got cancelled for lack of money. SyFy pulled the plug on Eureka. They wouldn't pay the producer for the show. Even though it was making money for them. The producers had to pull money out of thin air for the last 6 episodes and fight with Syfy to have them aired.

B5 was another show where, even though they were getting good enough ratings and the broadcasters were making money. The producers weren't getting their fair share of the proceeds. First the WB says "your cancelled at the end of the season so wrap it up. Then the WB plays the episodes out of sequence so things don't make sense. Then after they film the last episode they get a reprieve and have to make up new scripts and a new story arc being told they have three more years. Then they get the plugged pulled on that.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Off Topic