My Top 5 Endorsed Guitars.

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

1: Pearly Gates by Billy Gibbons. ZZ Top. The greatest band in the world and the greatest guitarist. Pretty good beard too. (Gibson Les Paul for those that do not know).

2: Dave Gilmour Strat. By Dave. You all know him. Pink Floyd bloke.

3: Tony Iommi Gibson SG. With crosses for fret markers. The unholy triad.

4: Angus Young Gibson SG. You should see his FX setup> SG>Marshall Stack. No Whammy bar, but yet strangely has the greatest vibrato in the biz. Genius.

5: Fender Telecaster. Merle Haggard. f**k, I'm clutching at straws here. Help a brother out.

And that's about it.

What are the five greatest guitars in the world?

In no particular order:

Fender Stratocaster.
Gibson SG.
Gibson Les Paul.
Fender Telecaster.

I'm having real trouble filling this out.

My brain is blanked.

What is the fifth one?
And who makes its signature copy?

I'll think of it in a minute. But damn.
Last edited by codec_spurt on Thu May 01, 2014 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ah. Ritchie Blackmore Stratocaster. My bad.

That still only leaves four guitars though.

What is the fifth guitar?

Who endorses it?

Gibson 335 maybe?

Uh?

:dog: I dont have any of the greatest guitars in the world, I hope I can get a good price for the guitars I have so I can go out and buy the greatest guitars in the world...boy if I ever get my hands on that guy who built two of my guitars...he promised me they would be the greatest guitars for me :x thanx for the heads up :tu:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote::dog: I dont have any of the greatest guitars in the world, I hope I can get a good price for the guitars I have so I can go out and buy the greatest guitars in the world...boy if I ever get my hands on that guy who built two of my guitars...he promised me they would be the greatest guitars for me :x thanx for the heads up :tu:

I never had a strat. I had a walnut/birds eye maple custom with emg actives, but it was a bastard. f**king amazing looking/sounding/feeling guitar though. It was a super strat.

I never had a Les Paul. Just a copy. A very very poor one at that.

But never mind that.

What would you say are the top five guitars in the world EVER?

You didn't argue with my initial list of:
Stratocaster.
SG.
Telecaster.
Les Paul.

What is the fifth one?

It is on the tip of my tongue.

Man.

What is that fifth guitar?

codec_spurt wrote:
Hink wrote::dog: I dont have any of the greatest guitars in the world, I hope I can get a good price for the guitars I have so I can go out and buy the greatest guitars in the world...boy if I ever get my hands on that guy who built two of my guitars...he promised me they would be the greatest guitars for me :x thanx for the heads up :tu:

I never had a strat. I had a walnut/birds eye maple custom with emg actives, but it was a bastard. f**king amazing looking/sounding/feeling guitar though. It was a super strat.

I never had a Les Paul. Just a copy. A very very poor one at that.

But never mind that.

What would you say are the top five guitars in the world EVER?

You didn't argue with my initial list of:
Stratocaster.
SG.
Telecaster.
Les Paul.

What is the fifth one?

It is on the tip of my tongue.

Man.

What is that fifth guitar?
there is no such thing as the greatest but I think it's safe to say I might argue with your list as my list would be much different...what makes them the greatest, what is it they have the others dont? FWIW I do not buy names, I buy or build guitars that suit me...not only do I not buy brands blindly I also do not like the signature models...that's paying for two names :shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote:
there is no such thing as the greatest but I think it's safe to say I might argue with your list as my list would be much different...what makes them the greatest, what is it they have the others dont? FWIW I do not buy names, I buy or build guitars that suit me...not only do I not buy brands blindly I also do not like the signature models...that's paying for two names :shrug:
No man. You got it all wrong. We are not talking about the greatest guitarists here which would be subjective. Hell, there would be a Jimmy Hendrix in there for sure. No.

What are the five greatest GUITARS? Beyond player?

And what are their best signatures.

I mean.

Look

It is beyond doubt that the SG is one of the greatest guitars ever made.
It is also beyond doubt, that Tony Iommi or Angus Young are its two greatest players. There is a signature series for both. Result.

Same for Blackmore and Gilmour. When it comes to the Strat.

So far, just two guitars.

Are you following me?

Then there is the Gibson Les Paul. Pearly Gates as Billy called it. Whatever.

Three guitars.

As for the Telecaster. Well, maybe I should mention Bruce Springsteen.
But he is not really a guitar player, as such.
I can't think of one figure head for this guitar - it is so iconical. f**k, Joe Strummer played one.

But go on - what is the fifth guitar?

Don't make an argument. What is it?

Strat.
Les Paul.
Tele.
SG.

Eh?

Uh?

Fifth guitar? Or does it not exist?
Last edited by codec_spurt on Thu May 01, 2014 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

codec_spurt wrote: 3: Tony Iommi Gibson SG. With crosses for fret markers. The unholy triad.
I'll see your SG and raise you the Patrick Eggle Iommi Artist Model, 1995:
:D
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

mcnelson wrote:
codec_spurt wrote: 3: Tony Iommi Gibson SG. With crosses for fret markers. The unholy triad.
I'll see your SG and raise you the Patrick Eggle Iommi Artist Model, 1995:
:D

What a beauty. I wish I had the change for the bus to go and look at it.

Still.

Tele.
Strat.
SG.
Les Paul.

What is the fifth guitar in the hall of fame?
Come on.

I would venture the Rickenbacker 330. I think that's iconic.

But I'm a huge Johnny Marr fan and I'm biased.
Even though his sig model is a Fender Jaguar.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

mcnelson wrote:I would venture the Rickenbacker 330. I think that's iconic.

But I'm a huge Johnny Marr fan and I'm biased.
Even though his sig model is a Fender Jaguar.
But then you could contend:
http://www.fender.com/en-GB/series/arti ... pic-white/

Very few people ever get to play a Jaguar.

It is still a knock off anyway.

A Telecaster is pure.
A Strat is pure.
An SG is pure.
A Les Paul is pure.

What other guitars have that purity?

I don't think there is one.

Two by Fender.
Two by Gibson.

No other makers.
Or models.

It's cool.

At least now we know.

codec_spurt wrote:
Hink wrote:
No man. You got it all wrong. We are not talking about the greatest guitarists here which would be subjective. Hell, there would be a Jimmy Hendrix in there for sure. No.

What are the five greatest GUITARS? Beyond player?

And what are their best signatures.

I mean.

Look

It is beyond doubt that the SG is one of the greatest guitars ever made.
It is also beyond doubt, that Tony Iommi or Angus Young are its two greatest players. There is a signature series for both. Result.

Same for Blackmore and Gilmour. When it comes to the Strat.

So far, just two guitars.

Are you following me?

Then there is the Gibson Les Paul. Pearly Gates as Billy called it. Whatever.

Three guitars.

As for the Telecaster. Well, maybe I should mention Bruce Springsteen.
But he is not really a guitar player, as such.
I can't think of one figure head for this guitar - it is so iconical. f**k, Joe Strummer played one.

But go on - what is the fifth guitar?

Don't make an argument. What is it?

Strat.
Les Paul.
Tele.
SG.

Eh?

Uh?

Fifth guitar? Or does it not exist?
no, I get what you're saying 100%...what part of it is not subjective? What are your guidelines? The best neck? The best tone? The best look? The best action? The best wood? The most popular? The guitar used by the most pros? Hollow Body? Solid Body? Acoustic? Electric?

Those may be YOUR five greatest guitars but for now I have all five of the greatest guitars for me plus a couple more. When I say you are buying a name I mean the brand name, you pay extra say for the Gibson name because it's a Gibson. The same with Fender, but what does that have to do with the greatest guitars? For instance I have a Warmoth Strat (Warmoth is licensed by Fender for replacement bodies and necks) and what makes it great for me is It has the neck contour of my choice (not a Fender option), it's a hardtail, I chose the pick-ups and I added a stratoblaster pre-amp clone that I also built. But I built it for me and my tastes. That guitar also has my name on th eheadstock so I guess that answers your questions :hihi:

if you want to know what I play and other KvR members go here to this thread http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=406575

codec_spurt wrote:5: Fender Telecaster. Merle Haggard. f**k, I'm clutching at straws here. Help a brother out.

<snip>

My brain is blanked.

What is the fifth one?
Just so I have this straight, you started this thread and then petered out half way through it? Why didn't you just make this your Top 4?

Here's my Top 5 reasons for why this thread sucks:

1. No Yngwie Malmsteen strat, which is an amazing instrument and one of the most innovative guitars Fender ever made. I'm not even a shredder yet can completely appreciate what an advancement this thing is.

2. No hollow bodies in the 5 best guitars list. You can't catch cat scratch fever without a hollow body.

3. "codec_spurt" sounds like your DAW is wanking one off and shooting a load of audio formats.

4. Bruce Springsteen is an overrated hack that makes middle aged women feel like they're reliving their slut years.

5. hmm...uh...I don't know...help a brother out...what's the fifth reason this thread sucks?

J/K ;) :P :hug:

Isn't Martin's D-28 pretty iconic? No, I can't actually name anybody who plays one, but it seems like a big name among guitars.

Haven't ever really played many as I don't have much interest in signature guitars. The only ones that I ever played was an early version of the Joe Satriani that Ibanez make (with the natural finish). A real pleasure to play.

Ive only ever known one person own a replica, and it was a Francis Rossi Tele. :shrug:
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”