New granular synth: The Mangle

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Mangle

Still nothing? Did I miss something? (possible, I've been away for some time…)

Someone seen or heard something new on the Mangle? :?:

https://twitter.com/tmaisey

April 28.

"Just wanted to reassure everyone that I'm working on a new update to the Mangle - I got held up with a freelance job that overran."

So hopefully we will hear something soon-ish. :)
I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies.

Elevated_being wrote:https://twitter.com/tmaisey

April 28.

"Just wanted to reassure everyone that I'm working on a new update to the Mangle - I got held up with a freelance job that overran."

So hopefully we will hear something soon-ish. :)
I'm looking forward to an update, but its already pretty awesome the way it is now.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

:-) thanks for the update guys

Great so far! I am excited to see what upgrades he's coming up with. More modulation types would be welcome.

Hi everybody,

just watched the video demo and it seems like this machine's for me!
I'm on Windows 7 and Studio One - does anybody know if the Mangle will work for me? (At the current price it seems to be a steal - but what if it won't work on my computer?)

Regards, Digifex

I can vouch for it working win Win7. No idea about S1, but I'm sure it'll be fine.
Eternitysound VST Banks

And what about CPU usage of this synth?
yzcoruhT

CPU usage is comparable to pretty much every other granular effect out there. In common with those other granular synths/effects, CPU usage seems to scale linearly with the number of simultaneous grains being played. That seems to be the only factor as far as I can tell. If you really want to, it's possible to make the synth take up to 50% (on my Ivy Bridge i5 @ 4.5GHz) by absolutely maxing the engine out (4 second long grains triggered every 0.01 seconds - that's a LOT of simultaneous grains). In practice, even very dense patches I create take less than 3% per note. The absolute most dense 'usable' patch to me takes that figure up to around 7%, but that's me 'trying' to push it. In practice I never see CPU use anywhere near that high.

Is it allowed to sell my license?

I have sent the developer email asking about it, but as he seems very busy I thought to ask here. Maybe someone knows the steps for selling it if it is allowed?

Yes, you are allowed. I in fact did that. It took a week or two for him to manually transfer it, but he contacted me and said it was done, so no big deal. Before the developer transferred it, I sent the buyer the email with the download file.

Thanks donato :-)

donato wrote:Yes, you are allowed. I in fact did that. It took a week or two for him to manually transfer it, but he contacted me and said it was done, so no big deal. Before the developer transferred it, I sent the buyer the email with the download file.
And when was that? Just curious...

Neon Breath wrote:
donato wrote:Yes, you are allowed. I in fact did that. It took a week or two for him to manually transfer it, but he contacted me and said it was done, so no big deal. Before the developer transferred it, I sent the buyer the email with the download file.
And when was that? Just curious...
After looking it up my records show the sale was on April 17, and Tom got back to me on the 24th. So really just about a week.

I will admit, one of the major reasons for me jumping ship was because of the lack of developer communication. Anyway, cool product. Good luck!

Donato, it may be worth it to wait for the finished v1. Who knows what will be added and what will be fixed. Just a thought.

Return to “Instruments”