IKM SampleTank 3 (ST3) Now Available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SampleTank SampleTank 3

farlukar wrote:
zakufan wrote:We totally need a deep sampled beach :)
I prefer a deep sampled beech
That looks quite a lot more like where I was than a beach (and much more my preference over a beach too). I will of course have some more shots, but not right at the moment. I suppose someone could post some sour grapes to go with the cheese, but they don't typically go with elbow macaroni. They are in season from what I can tell but that would probably be even further off-topic.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:I suppose someone could post some sour grapes to go with the cheese
yeah, 'cause this is a case of sour grapes :roll:

Look what I just found, not just a picture this time but actual music from ST3's secret weapon multi. Notice how the Black 76 compressor keeps it all in shape:

Music link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH2-TGUlwu4

@el-bo - No, this isn't the source (surely you know that I realize this and that you have some other beef with IK that you take out in threads unrelated to whatever that may be) but I'd be happy to discuss with you (or get you pointed to the right person/department) directly whatever IK did that caused such dissatisfaction that you'll participate in threads for things in which you don't seem truly interested. My PMs are open, and we have multiple methods of contact available to you on our web site if it is something you have against me personally/directly.

But on the topic of SampleTank 3 (as stated I'll happily discuss other issues directly, though) here is a Wurly Suitcase electric piano from SampleTank 3 with a great chorus effect from AmpliTube as an insert effect. Definitely a classic tone:

Well if you insist on being on-topic, here's the OP:
jacqueslacouth wrote:I get there was a suggested moratorium over ST3 topics up until Musikmesse. Well we are here and now, so I guess it might be appropriate timing to ask if there are any further developments from IKM, such as ....say.....a release date? I am sure there are still a lot of KVR users waiting on news.
A gazillion screenshots aren't news, just eyecandy, so you might want to be careful accusing others of being off-topic.

farlukar wrote:Well if you insist on being on-topic, here's the OP:
jacqueslacouth wrote:I get there was a suggested moratorium over ST3 topics up until Musikmesse. Well we are here and now, so I am sure there are still a lot of KVR users waiting on news.
A gazillion screenshots aren't news, just eyecandy, so you might want to be careful accusing others of being off-topic.
Which is dated "Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:55 pm", and still nothing even closer than an ambiguous projection with these pictures thrown out to distract us from the OP.

Sorry Peter, but if you wanted to make your pictures the topic 'to stay on', then maybe you should have started your own thread to do so?

OT: "It might be appropriate to ask if there are any further developments from IKM, such as a release date?"

antithesist wrote:As my comment was deleted on GS, let me change my approach and say that this may be the most awesomest collection of sampler preset pictures ever.

Overall, I give an edge to NI, XLN and UVI for postmodern photo-realism that's more to my taste, but these have something I just can't quite put my finger(s) on.
Oh, and "don't be a weirdo," Pete.

Just kidding... hey, is there a list of all of these instruments somewhere?

I'm actually kind of intrigued now.

I was mainly interested in a new player for my ST library:

Miro full plus SR outtakes
ST XL
Tron
Moog
Sonik
All the IK instrument add-ons except Vocal
One of the loop titles

But now, who knows?
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

The topic is SampleTank 3, I didn't think I was being forceful about anything I was really referring to my derailing from the SampleTank 3 topic in my previous message. But add the horns and pitchfork as necessary, I'm just relaying information I can so no skin off my back when assumptions are made and I'm truly appreciative of the interest in SampleTank 3. I apologize if the information I have to give you isn't good enough, though I suppose a reference to unsubscribing from thread notifications or suggestion (as previously mentioned by a moderator here in this very thread) that nobody is forcing you to read the thread would also be taken wrong :) Have a wonderful day, though, I'm quite happy and relaxed from some time off even having visited here a couple of times to make sure people who expressed interest in the information without having to also visit our forum got that information.

Oh dear, that was probably off-topic too. I'll surely get a few self-flagellation scars across the back later for it, I assure you. Perhaps some self-flatulation if I don't want permanent scars. Who knows.

I noticed I even forgot a video we have from the last category of instruments, that surely would have "distracted from the OP" and I will surely be happy to start YAST3T (Yet Another SampleTank 3 Thread) if this one ends up getting locked but it seems rather gauche to start one when there's already an active thread on the topic. Don't want you to have to try to ignore TWO threads in that personal moratorium you had mentioned previously, BBFG# as that would be cruel of me. Again, I'm sorry for the false alarm and wasted time lighting the torches and grabbing the pitchforks but I truly was referring to my invitation of direct discussion of unrelated user complaints or issues with IK and not other posts.

Mainly because I truly did and do love the vacation and NYAN shots (one that I quoted, so I kind of figured that sentiment was clear but apparently not) so I didn't think those were off-topic nor was I referring to them.

Peter, could you ask someone at IK or a beta tester to see if ST3 will run in Snow Leopard? I am sure I am not the only person who would like to know. If it is no go for Snow Leopard I can stop following the threads and get on with using ST2 with jbridge instead of getting my hopes up.

zyzygis wrote:Peter, could you ask someone at IK or a beta tester to see if ST3 will run in Snow Leopard? I am sure I am not the only person who would like to know. If it is no go for Snow Leopard I can stop following the threads and get on with using ST2 with jbridge instead of getting my hopes up.
I can see but make no guarantees as anybody using it right now would be concentrating on platforms that are supported and devoting nearly if not all time toward those at this point.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:The topic is SampleTank 3, I didn't think I was being forceful about anything I was really referring to my derailing from the SampleTank 3 topic in my previous message.
It's just that your hijacking the thread completely disregards the OP.
The only real topic of which is an update on the release date.
There's nothing wrong with what you're doing, but that doesn't make it right either. It makes one wonder why you just don't start your own thread for this instead...
Remember I like IKM stuff and am waiting for the time too. It just seems like this positioning puts it atop of an underlying disingenuous need to circumvent the OP's specific question.

Whereas a new thread without the question would cast a better light on what your'e doing here.

So, is there a new 'definite' release date yet?

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
zyzygis wrote:Peter, could you ask someone at IK or a beta tester to see if ST3 will run in Snow Leopard? I am sure I am not the only person who would like to know. If it is no go for Snow Leopard I can stop following the threads and get on with using ST2 with jbridge instead of getting my hopes up.
I can see but make no guarantees as anybody using it right now would be concentrating on platforms that are supported and devoting nearly if not all time toward those at this point.
I will throw my hat in the ring and volunteer to formerly "community test" ST3 on Snow Leopard to see what works and what doesn't. I will need a full ST3 install, of course, so I can test all functionality, as well as, uh, cross-check against the Windows version. I know it would be quite an undertaking on my part, but would be a sacrifice in my personal free time that I know would benefit the ST community at large.
You need to limit that rez, bro.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: ... but it seems rather gauche to start one when there's already an active thread on the topic. Don't want you to have to try to ignore TWO threads in that personal moratorium you had mentioned previously, BBFG# as that would be cruel of me. Again, I'm sorry for the false alarm and wasted time lighting the torches and grabbing the pitchforks but I truly was referring to my invitation of direct discussion of unrelated user complaints or issues with IK and not other posts.
My personal 'moratorium is just that, personal'. Occasionally 'stopping by' to see if you've return to the OP and given a real release date.
I would see you starting your own thread just for this purpose, an act of integrity (not saying that you lack it here, but it would seem more genuine then). As this thread was started to get news of that release date, I find I'm stuck having to visit it once in awhile to see if you still doing this or answering the question.

Yes, this is the best way to get action from IKM support by putting it out on threads where Peter is intent on putting out 'fires'. But again that says more about IKM than its users.

And I thank support btw, for waiving the transfer fees since between us, we were unable to get any of the 64 bit software to work on my system (Xeons w/52gb ram). But again, the release date on when I can try a demo of ST3 is all that more important to find if it falls under the same inability.
Believe me, I'm trying to stay away from this thread as much as possible, given that like other owners of ST2, I'm ready to give ST3 a try before I buy test drive.

And yet again, as to the OP topic:

"When is the new release date?"

Return to “Instruments”