Reason effetcs into Cubase?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can we use Reason effects (e.g. The echo, Screamer) in a Cubase audio track insert?
If not, do you know very close effect for cubase (screamer and the echo).

thank you in advance

To the best of my knowledge, you cannot use Reason effects in Cubase for Cubase Audio tracks.

However, I often import audio tracks from Cubase into Reason when I want to use Reason's processing capabilities such as Neptune. This works very well for me.

It isn't very handy.
How to listen to other audio tracks (base) in order to achieve the right effects settings for the track imported in Reason?

What about rewiring hosts? Does this work?
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:What about rewiring hosts? Does this work?
AFAIK, you can ReWire Reason into Cubase but not the other way around. Reason is always the slave.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Yep, you will get audio into Cubase from Reason, but not the other way around. And you can't use the Reason effects, because it's only Reason audio -> host. Btw, why not try the built-in Cubase effects. They're pretty good afaic.

you can route cubase audio into reason with vac (virtual audio cable) this way you dont need rewire or whatever.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

So after almost a decade, Rewire is still inflexible and "open source" projects clearly take the cake yet again.

:shrug:

The only two things I loved from Reason, was the "Screamer" plugin, and the 8 channel drum machine. But that was with Reason 3/4. Now there's plenty of suitable alternatives in the VST/VSTi realm, and Reason is basically catching up this time with the RE's.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Thansk for the answers guys.

Can you do this:
Record the Audio into Reason (not vst); add Reason effects; and then rewire treated audio into Cubase?

mementus wrote:Thansk for the answers guys.

Can you do this:
Record the Audio into Reason (not vst); add Reason effects; and then rewire treated audio into Cubase?
I add Reason FX to instruments / audio in Reason, and then ReWire the treated audio into Reaper.
If you criticize Spitfire Audio, the mods will lock the thread.

Return to “Effects”