What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

The Guitar Show (Show yours)

Anything about hardware musical instruments.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

User avatar
Uncle E
KVRAF
 
6684 posts since 21 Nov, 2000, from Southern California

Postby Uncle E; Fri May 02, 2014 12:05 pm Re: The Guitar Show (Show yours)

A_SN wrote:I never understood how expensive Teles are better than cheap ones (besides for the nicer looks, it doesn't get much better than a rosewood Telecaster imo)


The irony there is that rosewood Telecasters are too heavy to play regularly and don't sound the way most people want a Telecaster to sound.
Redeem the 11% "FORUM" or 16% "GROUP" coupons at:
Image
A_SN
KVRian
 
730 posts since 6 May, 2008, from Berlin, Germany

Postby A_SN; Fri May 02, 2014 2:40 pm Re: The Guitar Show (Show yours)

Uncle E wrote:
A_SN wrote:I never understood how expensive Teles are better than cheap ones (besides for the nicer looks, it doesn't get much better than a rosewood Telecaster imo)


The irony there is that rosewood Telecasters are too heavy to play regularly and don't sound the way most people want a Telecaster to sound.

Oh wow, how bad can the weight be? My alder Tele is already heavy enough that when I got a strap for it it made me decide to start lifting weights again :lol: (really, when playing standing it was killing my left shoulder in barely one minute, but I'm not quite a paragon of strength either). Acoustic players don't know our pain! :hihi:
Developer of Photosounder (a spectral editor/synth), SplineEQ and Spiral
User avatar
codec_spurt
KVRAF
 
3417 posts since 20 Sep, 2005

Postby codec_spurt; Sat May 03, 2014 5:24 pm Re: The Guitar Show (Show yours)

Mister Natural wrote:Image

partscaster : my #1
Korean body & neck
Duncan "Rail" bridge
stock Fender middle PU
Duncan Antiquity neck
4 spring - dive only setup
Gotoh tuners
E.Ball "power-slinky" strings

peace



That is such a thing of beauty it is not true.

I'm going to bow out here now.

But man, that is a very very beautiful thing.
You'll be pleased to know, I'm knocking it all on the head.
User avatar
Mister Natural
KVRian
 
1344 posts since 28 Oct, 2007, from michigan

Postby Mister Natural; Sat May 03, 2014 5:52 pm Re: The Guitar Show (Show yours)

^ you are very kind to say, Codec . . . & welcome to come over to play it anytime you happen to be in town

:=)
an expert only on what it feels like to be me
& you are who you google

https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks
tapper mike
KVRAF
 
3674 posts since 19 Jan, 2008

Postby tapper mike; Sat May 03, 2014 7:29 pm Re: The Guitar Show (Show yours)

My alder body tele is nothing compared to Les Pauls I've owned. Hell, it's practically a parker fly compared to my Z6.
User avatar
Hermetech Mastering
KVRist
 
364 posts since 30 May, 2003, from Paris

Postby Hermetech Mastering; Thu May 08, 2014 11:30 am Re: The Guitar Show (Show yours)

tapper mike said I should show off my Tele here:

Image

She is a Les Paul in disguise (dual humbuckers, set neck, contoured body, jumbo frets etc.), but can coil tap for a more trad tele single coil style chime. She's a beaut!

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/reviews/ ... _maple_hh/

Don't think they make them any more. Been meaning to have a Schaller Hannes bridge put on her for ages.
hibidy
KVRAF
 
42013 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Thu May 08, 2014 12:38 pm Re: The Guitar Show (Show yours)

Holy f..k that is fantastic!
tapper mike
KVRAF
 
3674 posts since 19 Jan, 2008

Postby tapper mike; Fri May 09, 2014 6:57 am Re: The Guitar Show (Show yours)

She is a beauty,
knockman
KVRAF
 
1769 posts since 21 Feb, 2004, from somewhere! anywhere!

Postby knockman; Fri May 09, 2014 3:36 pm Re: The Guitar Show (Show yours)

Are we allowed to post guitars of questionable quality here too? After seeing Hermetech Mastering's beautiful Tele on pristine tatami mat, I wanted to show everyone the damaged tatami in my living room with some old Japanese twangers covering the worst of the stains. The Guyatone and the micro-bass are the only two I really play, the others are more wall hangers though each one has a peculiar quality that makes it useful on occasion.

Image
Guyatone
Image
Zen-on
Image
Orfeo
ImageImage
Couple of modded Fernandes Zo-3
tapper mike
KVRAF
 
3674 posts since 19 Jan, 2008

Postby tapper mike; Fri May 09, 2014 3:41 pm Re: The Guitar Show (Show yours)

Show em if you've got em.

I've got a few one trick pony's as well.
User avatar
KrisM
KVRian
 
810 posts since 25 Aug, 2009

Postby KrisM; Wed May 21, 2014 3:50 pm Re: The Guitar Show (Show yours)

So, I played an RGA8 for grins at a Sam Ash the other day, and then ordered one of these from zZounds shortly after:

Image

I have to say, that Indonesia factory did well on this SIX28FDBG. Only thing it needs is a little intonation love on a couple strings and a fret dressing (and they aren't so bad, just a little rough along the edges, no sprouting, and was set up back in February to boot). Plays very well, nice low action and no buzzing even on the 8th string. The pickups are nice, too, it's just a great instrument all around and sounds really good distorted and clean.

Looks like ia S770PB wasn't in my future after-all. But hey, I have a box to ship my Kawaii K5000S in when I sell it, now, since zZounds sent it to me inside a second shipping box.

No more music-anything until I sell stuff I'm not using, though.
Meh.
tapper mike
KVRAF
 
3674 posts since 19 Jan, 2008

Postby tapper mike; Wed May 21, 2014 4:02 pm Re: The Guitar Show (Show yours)

I am so glad this thread isn't dead. I know I haven't posted all of mine. Now....Now I have to revisit the thread to see which ones I've already posted so I don't repeat myself.

Nice one Kris,
Nice Many's knockman
User avatar
Hink
Rad Grandad
 
24997 posts since 5 Sep, 2003, from New England U.S.A.

Postby Hink; Wed May 21, 2014 4:25 pm Re: The Guitar Show (Show yours)

knockman wrote:Are we allowed to post guitars of questionable quality here too? After seeing Hermetech Mastering's beautiful Tele on pristine tatami mat, I wanted to show everyone the damaged tatami in my living room with some old Japanese twangers covering the worst of the stains. The Guyatone and the micro-bass are the only two I really play, the others are more wall hangers though each one has a peculiar quality that makes it useful on occasion.

Image
Guyatone
Image
Zen-on
Image
Orfeo
ImageImage
Couple of modded Fernandes Zo-3


not mine to say, but please do post guitars of questionable quality...no offense to thers (including myself :hihi: ) but strats, teles, les pauls and sg's get old...in fact that's how my baritone made the Warmoth FB page. Mine and two other guitars because they were in the may 2013 contest and that was the reason...they were not any of those 4...not putting down those 4 guitars but they are a bit cliche at times...love seeing something new :D
a new musical piece that is not a song because it has no vocals LBS
hibidy
KVRAF
 
42013 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Wed May 21, 2014 4:49 pm Re: The Guitar Show (Show yours)

KrisM wrote:So, I played an RGA8 for grins at a Sam Ash the other day, and then ordered one of these from zZounds shortly after:

Image

I have to say, that Indonesia factory did well on this SIX28FDBG. Only thing it needs is a little intonation love on a couple strings and a fret dressing (and they aren't so bad, just a little rough along the edges, no sprouting, and was set up back in February to boot). Plays very well, nice low action and no buzzing even on the 8th string. The pickups are nice, too, it's just a great instrument all around and sounds really good distorted and clean.

Looks like ia S770PB wasn't in my future after-all. But hey, I have a box to ship my Kawaii K5000S in when I sell it, now, since zZounds sent it to me inside a second shipping box.

No more music-anything until I sell stuff I'm not using, though.


EVERY indo ibby needs the fret ends done. I have no idea why. I guess it's far more humid there than anywhere else or something.
User avatar
Uncle E
KVRAF
 
6684 posts since 21 Nov, 2000, from Southern California

Postby Uncle E; Wed May 21, 2014 5:58 pm Re: The Guitar Show (Show yours)

hibidy wrote:EVERY indo ibby needs the fret ends done. I have no idea why. I guess it's far more humid there than anywhere else or something.


That makes some sense. Japan gets very humid in the summer time but it's rarely like Indonesia.
Redeem the 11% "FORUM" or 16% "GROUP" coupons at:
Image
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hardware (Instruments and Effects)