What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Reason effetcs into Cubase?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

mementus
KVRist

58 posts since 10 Apr, 2011

Postby mementus; Thu May 01, 2014 1:54 pm Reason effetcs into Cubase?

Can we use Reason effects (e.g. The echo, Screamer) in a Cubase audio track insert?
If not, do you know very close effect for cubase (screamer and the echo).

thank you in advance
grahamsimmonds
KVRer

5 posts since 1 May, 2014

Postby grahamsimmonds; Thu May 01, 2014 10:38 pm Re: Reason effetcs into Cubase?

To the best of my knowledge, you cannot use Reason effects in Cubase for Cubase Audio tracks.

However, I often import audio tracks from Cubase into Reason when I want to use Reason's processing capabilities such as Neptune. This works very well for me.
mementus
KVRist

Postby mementus; Fri May 02, 2014 11:37 am Re: Reason effetcs into Cubase?

It isn't very handy.
How to listen to other audio tracks (base) in order to achieve the right effects settings for the track imported in Reason?
Compyfox
KVRAF

11218 posts since 18 Oct, 2003, from Berlin, Germany

Postby Compyfox; Fri May 02, 2014 12:52 pm Re: Reason effetcs into Cubase?

What about rewiring hosts? Does this work?
Karten
KVRian

1137 posts since 1 Mar, 2010, from Paris, FR

Postby Karten; Fri May 02, 2014 1:00 pm Re: Reason effetcs into Cubase?

Compyfox wrote:What about rewiring hosts? Does this work?
AFAIK, you can ReWire Reason into Cubase but not the other way around. Reason is always the slave.
Vincent @ Ghostwave Audio
Soundbanks for Synplant, Sylenth1, DUNE, Ultra-Analog and more - www.ghostwaveaudio.com
chk071
KVRAF

2962 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Fri May 02, 2014 1:05 pm Re: Reason effetcs into Cubase?

Yep, you will get audio into Cubase from Reason, but not the other way around. And you can't use the Reason effects, because it's only Reason audio -> host. Btw, why not try the built-in Cubase effects. They're pretty good afaic.
murnau
KVRAF

2696 posts since 13 Jan, 2005, from Deutschland

Postby murnau; Fri May 02, 2014 1:28 pm Re: Reason effetcs into Cubase?

you can route cubase audio into reason with vac (virtual audio cable) this way you dont need rewire or whatever.
“Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more” ― Nikola Tesla
Compyfox
KVRAF

11218 posts since 18 Oct, 2003, from Berlin, Germany

Postby Compyfox; Fri May 02, 2014 2:50 pm Re: Reason effetcs into Cubase?

So after almost a decade, Rewire is still inflexible and "open source" projects clearly take the cake yet again.

:shrug:

The only two things I loved from Reason, was the "Screamer" plugin, and the 8 channel drum machine. But that was with Reason 3/4. Now there's plenty of suitable alternatives in the VST/VSTi realm, and Reason is basically catching up this time with the RE's.
mementus
KVRist

Postby mementus; Mon May 05, 2014 9:48 am Re: Reason effetcs into Cubase?

Thansk for the answers guys.

Can you do this:
Record the Audio into Reason (not vst); add Reason effects; and then rewire treated audio into Cubase?
BachRules
Banned

Postby BachRules; Tue May 06, 2014 1:30 am Re: Reason effetcs into Cubase?

mementus wrote:Thansk for the answers guys.

Can you do this:
Record the Audio into Reason (not vst); add Reason effects; and then rewire treated audio into Cubase?

I add Reason FX to instruments / audio in Reason, and then ReWire the treated audio into Reaper.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects