DUNE 2 is out now!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE 3

Loving this synth so far. Great tone, and a decent CPU hit for what it's doing. :)

I don't mind the GUI. Functional enough!

Actually speaking of the GUI, I noticed a small issue with one of the knob rotation frames. If you look really closely at about 12% on the knobs, you'll see a thin red line around the bevel. Below the Cutoff is at 12% and Resonance is at 13%. Might want to take a look at this in the next update Synapse!

Sorry I do UI for a living so I notice this kind of thing... this takes absolutely nothing away from the great tone and functionality of course! :clap:
glitch.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mkastrup wrote:Guess i now can post a little demo i did with Dune 2 during beta. This is for OLD FART's like me, so expect something 80's like ;)

Everything playing is Dune 2 incl. drums etc...

http://www.xsynth.com/demos/d2_test_A_mk.mp3

/Michael
Sounds good, Automatic :D

mkastrup wrote:Guess i now can post a little demo i did with Dune 2 during beta. This is for OLD FART's like me, so expect something 80's like ;)

Everything playing is Dune 2 incl. drums etc...

http://www.xsynth.com/demos/d2_test_A_mk.mp3

/Michael
That's a sweet demo, the sounds are great.

Heh, there's nothing wrong with 80 sounding synths, brings me back. :D
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

fluffy_little_something wrote:There indeed seems to be something wrong with short attack times...

PS: As I was playing around I found that the spitting attack sound may have to do with filter decay times set too short.
Personally i dont think thats it, but then whatever it is it should be taken care of because the synth definitely deserves it.

To give you a good example of how it should be, heres the same arpseq on Rapture, which uses triggered samples in its Oscs as well. In this case the Amp has no Attack and no Release at all, the Filter has no Attack at all and ultra, ultra, ultra short Release. Additionally the gatetime per note is only 30% of nominal duration. (To really carry it to the extreme.) As you can hear, there is not even so much as a hint of any spits or clicks regardless of the crazy extreme envelope settings. It is 100.00% perfect and 100.00% flawless. If Richard can get DUNE2 to this level of performance, it will be one of the best softsynths ever made.

Richard_Synapse wrote:
Biscotto wrote:Awesome layout. Love it All!

Question: Why does it says Version 2.0 ***BETA TEAM*** ?
A small glitch on the PC full version, which we just fixed - a mini update to v2.01 is available in the service area. This may also fix the Nuendo 64-bit issue some reported.

Richard
Downloading, will report.
thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

The Reset switch in the osc section changes that behavior quite a bit. Turning it on seems to remove the issue. So maybe a phase thingy...

fluffy_little_something wrote:So maybe a phase thingy...
Thats what im suspecting.

Because the issue does sound an aweful lot like triggering samples from a non-zerocrossing position.

Although im not entirely sure that thats the only thing that might be going on here.

zvenx wrote:
Richard_Synapse wrote:

A small glitch on the PC full version, which we just fixed - a mini update to v2.01 is available in the service area. This may also fix the Nuendo 64-bit issue some reported.

Richard
Downloading, will report.
thanks
rsp

works great now in 64 bit mode....... will try 32 bit mode if I ever stop playing.
have to look where the manual is installed, but who is KS?
I am loving their patches.

and the cpu usage is outstanding..........
fantastic job Richard.
rsp
sound sculptist

Richard, having the same problem as before with the 32 bit version.
Nuendo pretends like its creating an instance of it but doesn't............
rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Sat May 03, 2014 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

The Midi in led seems to go on almost randomly, most of the time it doesn't.

Richard_Synapse wrote:

Richard
"Beta Team" version...
Collector Item! :love:

Keeping Both! :D
Pigments - Diva - Tal U-No-LX - Tal Sampler

zvenx wrote:but who is KS? I am loving their patches.
probably Klaus Schulze.. :lol:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

ENV1 wrote:Well, i gave it a brief shot, and since i absolutely liked the sound of the synth i really, really, really hate having to report that i am getting the exact same spits/clicks that i reported getting with DUNE a year or so ago. The only difference is that this time the issue is no longer limited to the Square, now i am getting it with the Saw as well.

As you can see on the screenshot, the sound i dialled in for testing is about as simple as it gets, i.e. just a classic SynthBass, i.e. not involving anything overly complicated that could have thrown the whole thing off balance. Issue captured on this WAV.

Im VERY interested in this, will check it out when i turn the pc on :wink:

sorry, cant download file, can you upload to another site please?

I have a question, if i buy Dune 1 from the marketplace can the license be used to upgrade to Dune 2?
musisikamar.com

Return to “Instruments”