What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

AIR Instrument Expansion Pack, thoughts?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Karten
KVRian

1186 posts since 1 Mar, 2010, from Paris

Postby Karten; Fri May 02, 2014 10:52 pm AIR Instrument Expansion Pack, thoughts?

I just read the AIR Instrument Expansion Pack is now available for all platforms (it used to be Pro-Tools only).
Its uses PACE copy protection but looks a really nice collection for $299.
Has anyone here used some of these instruments? Care to share your thoughts?
I'm having a GAS attack ...

http://www.airmusictech.com/product/air ... nsion-pack
Vincent @ Ghostwave Audio
Soundbanks for Synplant, Sylenth1, DUNE, Ultra-Analog and more - www.ghostwaveaudio.com
ftech
KVRian

584 posts since 7 Oct, 2004, from Australia

Postby ftech; Fri May 02, 2014 10:56 pm Re: AIR Instrument Expansion Pack, thoughts?

I picked up Vacuum Pro on the recent special and it's a cracking synth!
The pack looks good, but $299 might just be out of my reach at present unfortunately.
murnau
KVRAF

2695 posts since 13 Jan, 2005, from Deutschland

Postby murnau; Fri May 02, 2014 10:59 pm Re: AIR Instrument Expansion Pack, thoughts?

ftech wrote:I picked up Vacuum Pro on the recent special and it's a cracking synth!
The pack looks good, but $299 might just be out of my reach at present unfortunately.

upgrade from your vacuum pro to the full bundle is $129 not $299.. ..grab it mate! it's a fantastic bundle of vsti's.. ;) i think it's a must have for everybody who jumped on the recent vacuum sale.
“Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more” ― Nikola Tesla
Karten
KVRian

Postby Karten; Sat May 03, 2014 12:40 am Re: AIR Instrument Expansion Pack, thoughts?

I don't get their pricing.
You can buy Vacuum Pro and upgrade for $129 (total $278) or you can buy the collection for $299.
Soundbanks for Synplant, Sylenth1, DUNE, Ultra-Analog and more - www.ghostwaveaudio.com
murnau
KVRAF

Postby murnau; Sat May 03, 2014 1:05 am Re: AIR Instrument Expansion Pack, thoughts?

Karten wrote:I don't get their pricing.
You can buy Vacuum Pro and upgrade for $129 (total $278) or you can buy the collection for $299.

yep, and OTOT i upgraded from Vacuum to EP 2 for something around $150 and the upgrade from EP2 to EP2.02 is $30 and not free. so i "lost" $50 because i upgraded a few weeks ago. thats not so nice.
“Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more” ― Nikola Tesla
ftech
KVRian

Postby ftech; Sat May 03, 2014 5:38 pm Re: AIR Instrument Expansion Pack, thoughts?

murnau wrote:
ftech wrote:I picked up Vacuum Pro on the recent special and it's a cracking synth!

upgrade from your vacuum pro to the full bundle is $129 not $299.. ..grab it mate! it's a fantastic bundle of vsti's.. ;) i think it's a must have for everybody who jumped on the recent vacuum sale.

Dammit!
I didn't read that well enough did I?
Am I allowed to say 'No Brainer'?
Thanks for the head up Murnau :tu:
thejonsolo
KVRist

360 posts since 13 Apr, 2008, from Charleston, SC

Postby thejonsolo; Sat May 03, 2014 6:26 pm Re: AIR Instrument Expansion Pack, thoughts?

I did the upgrade too a few weeks ago...but I paid $50 for Vacuum Pro, $149 for the upgrade, and now $30 for the NEW upgrade...still only at $229 for the whole package...um, perhaps the best two and a quarter spent in a long time.

Structure- it really is on par with TONS of all-in-ones (i.e. Halion Sonic 2, UVI Plugsound Pro, etc.). Some sounds are better than most.

Strike- A fantastic variation on a drum tool. The sonic sphere is great and there are great options to build.

Vacuum Pro- A dark synth that is fantastic. Yes it is strongest when it is merely "doubled" (an option) but a great tool for some really thick sounds.

Loom- If you have no other additive synth, and you have this, you are set. It is almost as good as Razor, maybe better in some regards. I have both and use them differently so it is win/win even if you own other additive synths (I think I have a dozen ha).

Transformer- A slice tool of sorts. It has Geist, Dr. Octo, SliceX, etc. elements to it. I have not dove in far enough as I have only had VST version for a day. But it seems to fit a nice space should you lack Geist.

Velvet- I would not call it a Lounge Lizard killer. It is really good though. I love the smooth sounds. I have several different EP libraries, as well as Arturia Wurlizer and LL Session. But this sounds, albeit in mono, is awesome. Probably a fantastic replica of the real deal.

All in all, I would call it a BIG BANG for the buck.

Jon
Windows 8.1 Pro | Intel i7 4770 | 24 GB RAM | Scarlett 6i6 | Dual 27" monitors
Nektar Panorama P6 | Korg Kronos 88 | Blue Baby Bottle | Launchpad S | JBL LSR308
Cubase 7.5 | Reason 8 | Ableton Live 9 | FL Studio 11

http://www.solosounds.net
ftech
KVRian

Postby ftech; Sat May 03, 2014 7:02 pm Re: AIR Instrument Expansion Pack, thoughts?

The only thing I am worries about is the size of the download for Structure, huge lib that would take most of my bandwidth for the month!
I'm assuming it's segmented.
awol9000
KVRian

541 posts since 3 Sep, 2009, from Vancouver

Postby awol9000; Sat May 03, 2014 7:35 pm Re: AIR Instrument Expansion Pack, thoughts?

thejonsolo wrote:Transformer- A slice tool of sorts. It has Geist, Dr. Octo, SliceX, etc. elements to it. I have not dove in far enough as I have only had VST version for a day. But it seems to fit a nice space should you lack Geist.

It looks very cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgKZM4aEyy4
cryophonik
KVRAF

4064 posts since 6 Sep, 2006, from Elk Grove, CA

Postby cryophonik; Sat May 03, 2014 7:41 pm Re: AIR Instrument Expansion Pack, thoughts?

I can upgrade from Loom for $129. Didn't think I needed these instruments just for Pro Tools, but now that I could use all of them with Sonar, etc., it's pretty hard to resist.
murnau
KVRAF

Postby murnau; Sat May 03, 2014 11:28 pm Re: AIR Instrument Expansion Pack, thoughts?

do you guys have any problems with install? it didn't installed where i pointed the installer to: i had to move the x64 dll-file manuallly leave the rest where it is but it seems to work flawless so far.
soulata
KVRAF

2622 posts since 6 Dec, 2002, from Ljubljana/ Slovenia

Postby soulata; Sun May 04, 2014 2:24 am Re: AIR Instrument Expansion Pack, thoughts?

murnau wrote:
Karten wrote:I don't get their pricing.

yep, and OTOT i upgraded from Vacuum to EP 2 for something around $150 and the upgrade from EP2 to EP2.02 is $30 and not free. so i "lost" $50 because i upgraded a few weeks ago. thats not so nice.

Yeah, how about the upgrade price from the original Pro Tools Instruments Expansion pack -

upgrade from v1 to v2 was 99$, upgrade from v2 to the recent one is 29$, I didn't upgrade at the time because I left Pro Tools and did not need AAX and now my only option is 299$ "upgrade" price.

That did not make my day in any shape or form!

k
aMUSEd
KVRAF

20074 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Sun May 04, 2014 2:27 am Re: AIR Instrument Expansion Pack, thoughts?

How close is Structure to Hypersonic 2? Does it have the same synth unit?
Karten
KVRian

Postby Karten; Sun May 04, 2014 2:48 am Re: AIR Instrument Expansion Pack, thoughts?

aMUSEd wrote:How close is Structure to Hypersonic 2? Does it have the same synth unit?
That's partly why I'm interested. I know that Wizoo was bought by Avid at the time and Structure might be the true successor to H2.
Gamma-UT
KVRAF

2487 posts since 8 Jun, 2009, from UK

Postby Gamma-UT; Sun May 04, 2014 2:49 am Re: AIR Instrument Expansion Pack, thoughts?

aMUSEd wrote:How close is Structure to Hypersonic 2? Does it have the same synth unit?

I believe what started out as Hypersonic is now Xpand, which Avid kept Pro Tools-only. Structure is a sample player engine that's probably closest to Independence in terms of features. Good quality but no scripting of the kind you'd find in Kontakt or MachFive.
No longer blank as Frank
Soundcloud
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments