Industrial-infused pop: Art Factory

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was traveling, which meant no guitar and no keyboard; just a laptop and a set of earbuds. The minimalism was leaving me dry of ideas. I had two choices: work on actual projects with actual deadlines, or try something out of my comfort zone and see if that would inspire. So, uh, I did the second one :oops:. The vocals were recorded after I got home.

https://soundcloud.com/nine-of-kings/art-factory

Wow! Somehow you fused your pop songwriting skills with something more like NIN than 9k. You pulled it off brilliantly too. Good production. Great verses and choruses. Interesting lyrics. Not a dull moment. Catchy as f*ck. :clap:

Wow, indeed! Great tune, catchy as hell chorus! I was hooked in by that marvelous intro!

Thank you for your kind comments! NIN was definitely one of the biggest influences on this, which I'm sure is pretty obvious.

This thread has a respectable number of views, but less than a quarter of those led to soundcloud plays. Hm.

I've been listening to your tune on and off for a couple of days.

Personally, I would have said it's more like some of the older industrial stuff, with a modern twist.

As opposed to NIN - that's a complement btw, as I don't like NIN at all.

The synth sounds very 80's (nice and swarm). Especially as it slows and you vox annunciates certain phrases (like the 't's', etc.).

Gotta' say, I really really like that track, the chorus and the synth lines are great. Very catchy, I mean in a good way.

If that was for sale I'd buy it.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Interesting song but it sounds a bit raw, I liked your other songs much more, especially those with the "Blur"-like vocals...

But as always, when I listen to your songs, it's well-crafted pop music with a catchy chorus line. :wink:

(Now finally admit where you made this damn pop songwriting course!!! :x :hihi:)

Tricky-Loops wrote:Interesting song but it sounds a bit raw, I liked your other songs much more, especially those with the "Blur"-like vocals...

But as always, when I listen to your songs, it's well-crafted pop music with a catchy chorus line. :wink:
I'd agree, I think the mix needs to be sharper. If you get that sorted you'll have an even better tune. :)
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

FWIW, I think the mix is fine. I still think it's a great tune. One of my Nine of Kings favorites.

nice vocals!
It's mixed pretty well too, seems to come through my laptop speakers pretty well. Nice job!
:borg:

nice track...for what its worth, i get more a depeche mode feel than a nin feel...which is just fine by me.
ImageImageImage

This is a cool song! I didn't think NIN. I thought way more of late Depeche Mode, like Ultra or Playing the Angel. Your vocals reminded me of David Gahan (definitely a plus, IMO).

Agreed with everyone else: this is catchy as hell. I like the lyrics a lot, too.

My only comment on the technicals is that maybe the vocals could sit a little deeper in the mix. Not a lot more. That's all. I do love the vocals. Great voice and execution!

More please!

EDIT: on second listen, nah, ignore what i said about the mixing.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

I'm gonna take the mixed (hah) opinions on the mixing and tell myself they cancel out. Besides, a little roughness is part of the sound. The DM references didn't even occur to me, but then again I haven't heard much of their later stuff. I'm flattered, though; it's not often my voice is a strong point.

I took a listen to some of your other stuff and it's all quite good. This one just happens to be really up my alley though! :-)
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Return to “Music Cafe”