Waldorf Blofeld as Master Keyboard

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys, does anyone use one as a master keyboard? I was thinking about getting one.

I know the Nord lead doesn't do octave switching, is there a problem like that on the Blofeld? Do the Octave +/- button trigger the key board, or the synth engine?

Thanks!

I can vouch for the quality of its keybed; I use the same one (Fatar TP/9S) as my master keyboard, and it feels great and is very reliable/responsive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFofAhlc9UY

I played a Blofeld Keyboard in the music store once and I was actually quite impressed with the feel of the semi-weighted keyboard.
:borg:

Monib wrote:Do the Octave +/- button trigger the key board, or the synth engine?
Keyboard.

+1 for the quality of the keybed, I'm using my Blokey as master keyboard.
aka Magellanic Milk >> iTunes >> Releases

The octave button will work for both, the midi and synth engine. But, the transpose option will only work for the synth engine, not for the midi engine.
musisikamar.com

xamido wrote:The octave button will work for both, the midi and synth engine. But, the transpose option will only work for the synth engine, not for the midi engine.
Thanks Guys, I have ordered one!

xamido wrote:The octave button will work for both, the midi and synth engine. But, the transpose option will only work for the synth engine, not for the midi engine.
I hope they update that..

I don't mind 49 keys but I would like access to all of the octaves on my keyboard.
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:
I hope they update that..

I don't mind 49 keys but I would like access to all of the octaves on my keyboard.

You do have access to 4 Octaves up/down going into DAW, right? Then local off on the Blofeld, and DAW sends Midi back to Blofeld.

The transport I don't really use, as I run Logic with an iPad.

Monib

I didn't try the Blofeld's keyboard, but I was quite liking that feather light keybed on the Access Virus TI keyboard.

Anyone knows if I can find that elsewhere?

davidka wrote:I didn't try the Blofeld's keyboard, but I was quite liking that feather light keybed on the Access Virus TI keyboard.

Anyone knows if I can find that elsewhere?
The Virus TI uses another Fatar keyboard (perhaps the TP/8 or TP/8SK) which can also be found in the Quasimidi Raven (and some of their other keyboards) and the Kawai K5000.

It is a highly regarded keybed, alongside the Yamaha FS synth action (some SYs, DX7, DX7II, Wavestation, 01/W, Triton, Motif, etc.) and the Fatar TP/9 (Blofeld, DSI PEK, Andromeda, Kurz K2000, Sledge).

bvc wrote: The Virus TI uses another Fatar keyboard (perhaps the TP/8 or TP/8SK) which can also be found in the Quasimidi Raven (and some of their other keyboards) and the Kawai K5000.

It is a highly regarded keybed, alongside the Yamaha FS synth action (some SYs, DX7, DX7II, Wavestation, 01/W, Triton, Motif, etc.) and the Fatar TP/9 (Blofeld, DSI PEK, Andromeda, Kurz K2000, Sledge).
Thanks for that information, bvc. I have often wondered. Do you know where I can find other information on other keyboards used in various synths?
바보

bftucker wrote:
bvc wrote: The Virus TI uses another Fatar keyboard (perhaps the TP/8 or TP/8SK) which can also be found in the Quasimidi Raven (and some of their other keyboards) and the Kawai K5000.

Thanks for that information, bvc. I have often wondered. Do you know where I can find other information on other keyboards used in various synths?
No problem, bftucker.

Mostly, it's just having spent many hours reading threads on a lot of different sites that has led me to my knowledge of keybeds. I spent a long time considering different older synths to use as a master keyboard, and being that options are limited on eBay and craigslist, I had to find out which synths had the same action as others.

If I had to choose the best singular resource that has helped me, it would probably be this: http://sounddoctorin.com/synthtec/parts/key.htm

(Edit - And for the Fatars, there's this: http://www.musiker-board.de/reparaturen ... hread.html)

Monib wrote:
Thanks Guys, I have ordered one!
Smart move!

I'm also using a Blofeld as my master keyboard. I demo'ed most of the major usb MIDI controller keyboards on the market and was thoroughly unimpressed by all of them; they either felt too cheap, too "loose", or too "tight".

But the Blofeld is third porridge. 8)

And you get a wicked-bitchin' synth, to boot!

Give my regards to "Broadway"; what a gorgeous patch!
"The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." - Carl Jung

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”