What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

SquaredHeads Nora - Polyphonic Phrase Arpeggiator OUT NOW!

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRist
 
63 posts since 8 Apr, 2014

Postby squaredheads; Sat May 03, 2014 12:36 am Re: SquaredHeads Nora - Polyphonic Phrase Arpeggiator (+video link)

Any version (Win, OSX, 32/64, etc) will be avaliable for free for anyone that owns a version that includes it. Example, if you purchase 1.0 (just Win) and in 2.0 OSX is avaliable and it's a free update, you will get it for free. If 2.0 has an small fee, like 5€, this fee is for all users, and you should pay that fee, then you will have 2.0 for Win/OSX.

Rajah, glad you like it :) I'm enjoying a lot from Nora making music aswell :)

Introductory offer: 34€, final price, 49€. (it will last 15 days after its release).
KVRian
 
581 posts since 19 Aug, 2009

Postby firepile; Sat May 03, 2014 4:03 am Re: SquaredHeads Nora - Polyphonic Phrase Arpeggiator (+video link)

squaredheads wrote:Any version (Win, OSX, 32/64, etc) will be avaliable for free for anyone that owns a version that includes it. Example, if you purchase 1.0 (just Win) and in 2.0 OSX is avaliable and it's a free update, you will get it for free. If 2.0 has an small fee, like 5€, this fee is for all users, and you should pay that fee, then you will have 2.0 for Win/OSX.

Rajah, glad you like it :) I'm enjoying a lot from Nora making music aswell :)

Introductory offer: 34€, final price, 49€. (it will last 15 days after its release).

Sounds good. Monday is the day then?
KVRAF
 
2619 posts since 5 Aug, 2009

Postby Caine123; Sat May 03, 2014 4:24 am Re: SquaredHeads Nora - Polyphonic Phrase Arpeggiator

Interested but why not just use the piano roll of flstudio ? Why use nora with its piano roll too i think i didnt understand this yet.
KVRian
 
581 posts since 19 Aug, 2009

Postby firepile; Sat May 03, 2014 4:28 am Re: SquaredHeads Nora - Polyphonic Phrase Arpeggiator

Caine123 wrote:Interested but why not just use the piano roll of flstudio ? Why use nora with its piano roll too i think i didnt understand this yet.

Why use arpeggiators & step sequencers at all?
KVRAF
 
3637 posts since 12 May, 2008

Postby Echoes in the Attic; Sat May 03, 2014 8:28 am Re: SquaredHeads Nora - Polyphonic Phrase Arpeggiator

firepile wrote:
Caine123 wrote:Interested but why not just use the piano roll of flstudio ? Why use nora with its piano roll too i think i didnt understand this yet.

Why use arpeggiators & step sequencers at all?


Those are two very different questions though. Why use an arpeggiator? Because you can play chords in real-time and have the notes split out rhythmically. Piano rolls don't do that. Why use a step sequencer in a DAW? Indeed that is a good question because a DAW piano roll is a sequencer so it doesn't make much sense unless someone wants a retro gui or there are tools for generating patterns not available in the DAW sequencer.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit. Once I have something clever, I will certainly fill it in.
KVRian
 
581 posts since 19 Aug, 2009

Postby firepile; Sat May 03, 2014 8:36 am Re: SquaredHeads Nora - Polyphonic Phrase Arpeggiator

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Why use an arpeggiator? Because you can play chords in real-time and have the notes split out rhythmically. Piano rolls don't do that. Why use a step sequencer in a DAW? Indeed that is a good question because a DAW piano roll is a sequencer so it doesn't make much sense unless someone wants a retro gui or there are tools for generating patterns not available in the DAW sequencer.

You can "play" a step sequencer like Thesys just like an arpeggiator.
KVRist
 
63 posts since 8 Apr, 2014

Postby squaredheads; Sat May 03, 2014 9:45 am Re: SquaredHeads Nora - Polyphonic Phrase Arpeggiator

firepile wrote: Monday is the day then?


Yes! ;)

Caine123 wrote:Interested but why not just use the piano roll of flstudio ? Why use nora with its piano roll too i think i didnt understand this yet.


Nora is a "Midi effect". What Nora offers you is an editor like any host Piano Roll, but it isn't a piano roll. The idea is, you place some chords in your host, and then you process them with Nora and it's piano roll-like editor. Nora's main editor has X groups that contains Y notes each. Imagine you have just 1 group with 3 notes. If you place in your host some 3 notes chords, they will chop in the same way Nora editor is. Upper and bottom extra groups works in the same way, but pitching up/down an octave. Once you test it, you will understand the concept for sure :tu:
KVRAF
 
2619 posts since 5 Aug, 2009

Postby Caine123; Sat May 03, 2014 10:28 am Re: SquaredHeads Nora - Polyphonic Phrase Arpeggiator

squaredheads wrote:
firepile wrote: Monday is the day then?


Yes! ;)

Caine123 wrote:Interested but why not just use the piano roll of flstudio ? Why use nora with its piano roll too i think i didnt understand this yet.


Nora is a "Midi effect". What Nora offers you is an editor like any host Piano Roll, but it isn't a piano roll. The idea is, you place some chords in your host, and then you process them with Nora and it's piano roll-like editor. Nora's main editor has X groups that contains Y notes each. Imagine you have just 1 group with 3 notes. If you place in your host some 3 notes chords, they will chop in the same way Nora editor is. Upper and bottom extra groups works in the same way, but pitching up/down an octave. Once you test it, you will understand the concept for sure :tu:


thanks a lot mate! this wasnt offensive i just was wondering myself :D, expect a small pm from me with some specific wish.
KVRist
 
63 posts since 8 Apr, 2014

Postby squaredheads; Sun May 04, 2014 1:05 am Re: SquaredHeads Nora - Polyphonic Phrase Arpeggiator

I didn't take as offensive at all. Feel free to ask for your desire, we're wishing to hear them! One day left :)
KVRian
 
695 posts since 8 Sep, 2009

Postby elassi; Sun May 04, 2014 1:23 am Re: SquaredHeads Nora - Polyphonic Phrase Arpeggiator

squaredheads wrote:Imagine you have just 1 group with 3 notes. If you place in your host some 3 notes chords, they will chop in the same way Nora editor is. Upper and bottom extra groups works in the same way, but pitching up/down an octave. Once you test it, you will understand the concept for sure :tu:


So, basically, it's like 7Aliens' Catanya plugin but with the freedom a of a piano roll (instead of their fixed scheme)?

2nd Q: it looks like one can store own presets that eventually show up in the left browser?

All in all, it looks well done. Congrats.
KVRian
 
695 posts since 8 Sep, 2009

Postby elassi; Sun May 04, 2014 1:26 am Re: SquaredHeads Nora - Polyphonic Phrase Arpeggiator (+video link)

yemski wrote:This looks like what Catyana promised to be but wasn't.


Ah, should have read your post before sending mine. *same thoughts*
User avatar
KVRist
 
371 posts since 10 Mar, 2004
 

Postby yellukhan; Sun May 04, 2014 4:11 am Re: SquaredHeads Nora - Polyphonic Phrase Arpeggiator

:) I'm enjoying a lot from Nora making music aswell :)
this is so unfair! :hyper:
KVRist
 
63 posts since 8 Apr, 2014

Postby squaredheads; Sun May 04, 2014 9:36 am Re: SquaredHeads Nora - Polyphonic Phrase Arpeggiator

elassi wrote:So, basically, it's like 7Aliens' Catanya plugin but with the freedom a of a piano roll (instead of their fixed scheme)?


Yes... just the first version ;)

elassi wrote:2nd Q: it looks like one can store own presets that eventually show up in the left browser?


Indeed

yellukhan wrote::) I'm enjoying a lot from Nora making music aswell :)
this is so unfair! :hyper:


I'm going to tell you a funny history: During Nora development, while I was focusing on interface related stuff, my partner was coding the anti copy protection. Then one day, Nora wasn't working on my computer I asked him and his answer was: "Sorry you need a key file, and since I'm on holidays I cannot give it to you atm". So I, the main coder, was without being able to use it in my music around one week. That was unfair! :lol:
User avatar
KVRist
 
371 posts since 10 Mar, 2004
 

Postby yellukhan; Sun May 04, 2014 10:03 am Re: SquaredHeads Nora - Polyphonic Phrase Arpeggiator

ouch!
that must be hurt!
but somehow i feel lees pain.. i think, now we are even
:hihi:
KVRist
 
82 posts since 5 Jul, 2004
 

Postby Fernando Carvalho; Sun May 04, 2014 10:20 am Re: SquaredHeads Nora - Polyphonic Phrase Arpeggiator

Silly question: can NORA output midi by itself? I mean, do you need allways to play midi in order to make it sequence?

My question comes becouse I would love to paint or record the sequences and make them run in programs like audiomulch that lacks pianoroll.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments