What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

DUNE 2 is out now!!

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Delfinoverde
Banned

Postby Delfinoverde; Sat May 03, 2014 7:29 am Re: DUNE 2 is out now!!

Sorry to say that but the DUNE2 demo installer MAC is a real crap! :evil:
I installed the demo but the Content (Soundbanks etc…) are missing. So the Plug-In crashes the host. No clear indication where to copy the folder "Content". The PDF says this location: Mac OS X > Music/Synapse Audio/Dune 2/Soundbanks

Please next time state it clear before making a package! :?
zvenx
KVRAF

4270 posts since 16 Feb, 2005, from Kingston, Jamaica

Postby zvenx; Sat May 03, 2014 7:32 am Re: DUNE 2 is out now!!

what host are you using?
both the demo and full version on the mac for me installed without issues.
the vst was where I sort of expected it, as was the au...
and certainly in cubase, it worked fine.

rsp
murnau
KVRAF

2696 posts since 13 Jan, 2005, from Deutschland

Postby murnau; Sat May 03, 2014 8:02 am Re: DUNE 2 is out now!!

e@rs wrote:Why is the keyboard on DUNE starting at C0 and not C1?

what?
“Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more” ― Nikola Tesla
TheKid
KVRist

405 posts since 13 Aug, 2012, from Location: Location: Location: Location

Postby TheKid; Sat May 03, 2014 8:17 am Re: DUNE 2 is out now!!

I had the same question about some Kontakt library from Kirk Hunter when using it in Ableton Live. He had the following explanation: "Some folks call middle C "C4" as I do. Others call it "C3"." Maybe that's the issue here.
Frantz
KVRAF

2657 posts since 18 Jul, 2008, from New York

Postby Frantz; Sat May 03, 2014 8:22 am Re: DUNE 2 is out now!!

cuppa wrote:Hi
Is there a manual for Dune 2?

http://www.synapse-audio.com/DUNE-2-Manual.pdf
Fragile Gods: SoundCloud | Facebook
murnau
KVRAF

2696 posts since 13 Jan, 2005, from Deutschland

Postby murnau; Sat May 03, 2014 8:24 am Re: DUNE 2 is out now!!

TheKid wrote:I had the same question about some Kontakt library from Kirk Hunter when using it in Ableton Live. He had the following explanation: "Some folks call middle C "C4" as I do. Others call it "C3"." Maybe that's the issue here.

no, thats the old Yamaha C3 and Roland C4 thing. i wrote "what?" because it doesn't really matter if a VST GUI keyboard start with C0 or C1 or whatever and how it could when you simply change the octave with your midi-keyboard for example. also C0 is a regular note (subcontra octave) if you want.
“Our virtues and our failings are inseparable, like force and matter. When they separate, man is no more” ― Nikola Tesla
quantum7
KVRist

311 posts since 30 Dec, 2006, from Beautiful Boise, Idaho

Postby quantum7; Sat May 03, 2014 8:48 am Re: DUNE 2 is out now!!

How are the other 200-some presets as opposed to the demo presets? I have little time to program from scratch....and I'm not the greatest programmer anyway....therefore great presets as starting points are my friends. :)
"It is better to compose than decompose."

Sean Christopher Dockery
www.SeanDockery.com www.SeanChristopher.net
mcnoone
KVRAF

5367 posts since 8 Oct, 2007, from an inharmonious society

Postby mcnoone; Sat May 03, 2014 9:05 am Re: DUNE 2 is out now!!

quantum7 wrote:How are the other 200-some presets as opposed to the demo presets? I have little time to program from scratch....and I'm not the greatest programmer anyway....therefore great presets as starting points are my friends. :)

Pads, plucks, and arps are very good.
The leads, and basses, and plucks sound more similar to the original DUNE.
The effects I only noticed the reverb is way better. EQ's as well.
The distortion is better too.
Check the rest later.
The filter options are great.
It does have some good analog type sounds. It just doesn't do that high spitting kind of resonance stuff that you hear in certain analog modeled synths. Low resonance analog type sounds though, it does very good.
I like the workflow much better than Dune1. The gui is better to work with...imo.
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF

3553 posts since 5 Jun, 2012

Postby fluffy_little_something; Sat May 03, 2014 9:10 am Re: DUNE 2 is out now!!

quantum7 wrote:How are the other 200-some presets as opposed to the demo presets? I have little time to program from scratch....and I'm not the greatest programmer anyway....therefore great presets as starting points are my friends. :)

Those are the kind of things I don't really understand. Since it is a demo version that is supposed to wow the potential customer and saving/using presets is not possible anyway, why on earth do they not include all factory presets in the demo version? :dog: It is a big file already, so it can't be because of the file size.
raymondwave
KVRist

80 posts since 2 May, 2014

Postby raymondwave; Sat May 03, 2014 9:24 am Re: DUNE 2 is out now!!

Robmobius wrote:I did have a few problems with the Au in S1. It comes in full a big overload on the sound and crashes as well. But the vst2 is fine in S1. :)

I experience the same. Studio One v2.5 32bit Mac. Even if there's no audio signal, the meter is maxed to red. I was able to play around for an hour just fine, only the meter was always full on.

Had one crash so far, which happened when scanning through wavetables.
carrieres
KVRian

1376 posts since 9 Apr, 2002, from Poissy, France

Postby carrieres; Sat May 03, 2014 9:56 am Re: DUNE 2 is out now!!

the presets are awesome
and you can buy a new bank here : http://www.roblee-music.com/
solidtrax
KVRist

478 posts since 6 Nov, 2011, from The Netherlands

Postby solidtrax; Sat May 03, 2014 10:00 am Re: DUNE 2 is out now!!

carrieres wrote:

the presets are awesome
and you can buy a new bank here : http://www.roblee-music.com/

I was about to give the same advice! :tu:
Energetic & Evolving for discoDSP Corona! 128 fresh presets for EDM and more!
Patches for synths | Website | Soundcloud | Twitter
fisherKing
KVRian

1067 posts since 6 Aug, 2009

Postby fisherKing; Sat May 03, 2014 10:04 am Re: DUNE 2 is out now!!

Delfinoverde wrote:Sorry to say that but the DUNE2 demo installer MAC is a real crap! :evil:
I installed the demo but the Content (Soundbanks etc…) are missing. So the Plug-In crashes the host. No clear indication where to copy the folder "Content". The PDF says this location: Mac OS X > Music/Synapse Audio/Dune 2/Soundbanks

no problem here. the installer put the content exactly in that folder...what DAW are you using?
Delfinoverde
Banned

Postby Delfinoverde; Sat May 03, 2014 10:35 am Re: DUNE 2 is out now!!

fisherKing wrote:
Delfinoverde wrote:Sorry to say that but the DUNE2 demo installer MAC is a real crap! :evil:

no problem here. the installer put the content exactly in that folder...what DAW are you using?

How can that be? :roll:
When i click on the dune2demo.dmg i see the window above.
The INSTALL DUNE 2 DEMO.pkg installs only the Plug-Ins AU VST,
not the Content. It's not relevant which Daw/host i use.
When i try to open the Plug-In it says: Error content not found…etc.

Since the developers don't answer in any way i surely will skip Dune. :x
Last edited by Delfinoverde on Sat May 03, 2014 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
fisherKing
KVRian

1067 posts since 6 Aug, 2009

Postby fisherKing; Sat May 03, 2014 10:40 am Re: DUNE 2 is out now!!

Delfinoverde wrote:
fisherKing wrote:

How can that be? :roll:
When i click on the dune2demo.dmg i see the window above.
The INSTALL DUNE 2 DEMO.pkg installs only the Plug-Ins AU VST,
not the Content. It's not relevant which Daw i use.

Since the developers don't answer in any way i surely will skip Dune. :x

i have that too, but did NOT have to install content, it was there after running the installer. maybe the demo is different?? anyway, richard@synapse has always been responsive; give him a minute, it's the weekend.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments