Nectar Elements?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Anyone use Nectar Elements? It's on sale for 39 USD at audiodeluxe. I have no dedicated vocal processors. I usually use Guitar Rig 5 Free Player (airverb preset) or free VST plugins. I've tried the Nectar Elements demo a little bit and I wasn't sure if it had any very useful presets but I still think it might a good vocal processor given I have nothing else to rely on.

If you have experience to share, I appreciate it.
Windows 11/Linux Manjaro KDE + Waveform 11.

I bought it from someone in KVR Market Place...

... and sold 2 weeks later. It's good plugin - not only for vocals, but too limited in my opinion. Each preset has own effects (some have modulation effects, doubler etc.), but you can't choose what you want right now. I spent too much time with browsing presets to find best solution for my vocal, and it's boring. Full version has potential, but this one is more for searching than tweaking what you really want. You can also check Voxengo Voxformer or Nectar (full).

Edit:

BTW, CPU usage is higher. I always prefer my own (vocal) chain than this one-trick-pony, but try it out.
yzcoruhT

Thanks. I was actually worried about the limitations of Nectar and I wasn't in love with the presets, so I guess I won't get it. Voxformer looks cool, I might try to catch it on a sale or look around for some other vocal chains.

You can get better (vocal) chain with plugins you like (compressor, deesser, EQ, saturation, delay, reverb, doubler, limiter...) than with this (all in one) plugin. It's also easier to replace any plugin in your chain if you find a better compressor/EQ/deesser...
yzcoruhT

Part of the appeal of something like Nectar or Nectar Elements is that it makes it a lot easier/faster to set up the chain. I really don't have much experience with vocal chain/plugins, neither do I have any trusted separate plugins (I just have tons of free stuff but I don't know which ones are good). So, it would take a lot more trial-and-error for me to set up something that works well. That's why I was interested in it. But I will have to set up my own chain probably.

There are lot of websites that can help you with vocal processing chain. I would like to recommend you this one for start. I'm still learning too.
yzcoruhT

That's swell. I think I had seen that and tried to recreate it a bit. I will just go back to that and take it from there, thanks.

Hi Rpm,

nectar elements has become a steady part in my vocal chain, I like what it does for the timbre of the voice.
Maybe you could get the same result with a combination of other plugins, for me it made a difference. I like the preamp and the loudness. It certainly helps me get a thicker sound but I use plenty of other plugins on the vocals, 2 compressors, sometimes a doubler, another eq, sometimes a saturator etc.
For the sale price it's a good addition.

Nectar Elements is pretty simplistic in it's use. your limited to presets and cant really change much. if it works on your vocal track great but if it doesn't and you want to tweak something your very limited.

Nectar 2 the full product is much better, lets you edit the chain and effects, you have presets but you have full control to tweak anything.

I would not recommend Nectar Elements cause it can give a bad impression.

I WOULD recommend Nectar 2 as it really is a full control vocal plugin.

Thanks for the opinions. There is a huge price difference. I can afford 39 USD, but I can't justify 249 USD since I'm just a hobbyist.

Hi rpm,

you can change all parameters in Nectar elements.
Start out with a preset that fits the voice or track and in that preset all parameters are changeable.
I can imagine the full Nectar 2 being a lot more complete. But that's not the issue I think.
It's surely worth $39.
btw, at Audiodeluxe you get even a bit more discount when you login and add it in the cart.
JRR shop has other codes that give a discount. You could google that.
I demo'd Nectar elements and started to miss it after the demo.
The levels in and out (on the right) are important to make it react in a good way, read the manual about it.
If it was mediocre I wouldn't use it, I combine it with Waves, Sonalksis and other top plugins.

Thanks for your opinion. Somebody reading this thread just gave away their Nectar Elements license to me for free, how fantastic, right? So now this is my vocal chain, I will try to use it to my best ability and hope to get good results. Thanks all!

rpm wrote:Thanks for your opinion. Somebody reading this thread just gave away their Nectar Elements license to me for free, how fantastic, right? So now this is my vocal chain, I will try to use it to my best ability and hope to get good results. Thanks all!
It could happen sometimes, that people got a second license for free and give it away as a gift in order to support other musicians who want to move forward.
You are here at KvR with many friends ;)

If you have a XLN Audio product you've got a free Nectar Elements license on your XLN Audio account, just in case someone isn't aware of it yet.
"A pig that doesn't fly is just a pig."

I like it. I use it on tracks other than vocals to great effect! :D
Last edited by Integratron on Wed May 07, 2014 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

Return to “Effects”